Close

Thread: 2004 holidays

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default 2004 holidays

just wondering where people r going on holiday this year (times and dates and your address wud also be useful, lol)

were going 2 portarico (spelling baaad) in spain, weve been b4 n it was canny gd, nice beaches, plenty of club, shopping centre just down the bank, all the apartments and stuff r built on the hills cause its like a valley, so when your going out everyday theres plenty of stairs for u to decend on, n when your coming back your so tired u should take sum cliff hanging equipment, u practicaly crawl up them, lol. thats the only downside 2 the place, they got a nice water park too which is like 10mins away from where we r staying, it would b 5mins but the stairs make it longer, grrrr.
    9/10 id say
    oh and the place does have a couple of roaches, which r never nice, but theres plenty of cats around, when we were there for 10days we only saw 2 roaches, which is good for abroad. when we arrived it was nite and the place looked shit, lol, when we woke up n we cud see everything it was a decent apartment with a mint view, there was also a english resturant, 4got the name, but we went for r sunday dinner and it was massive and hardly cost us anythin, the woman was puttin tattys on my plate and she said, "just tell me when 2 stop", u can have it as big as u like. and there was an irish bar,didnt see any fights or lepricorns tho,altho i got so drunk once i thought i did

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: 2004 holidays

Work are sending me to Lisbon in June, will take the missus along to keep her happy. Other than that, I am going on a jolly to Australia to see some old mate's.

Thanks
    Karma Level

is your lass going on the jolly aswell? lol

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope to be spending another 2 weeks in Khao Lak, Thailand, in one of THESE hotels, last year, it was in a Treehouse overlooking the beach HERE
    We will probably try renting a room this time, a lot cheaper, now we know our way around. A fabulous resort with fabulous people, and no discos :thumbs

Q-Buster

Thanks
    Karma Level

do yous go self catering or all inc?? self cates much better, id only go all inc if a friend recomended it after going, then u kno exactly what its like

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin M
    is your lass going on the jolly aswell? lol
    Don't know about you but I never take a packed lunch to a restaurant either, if you get my drift.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I never go all inclusive, for 2 reasons, first reason most of the money you spend on the all inclusive may never see its way into the local economy, and you probably judge the value of the all inclusive against UK prices, whereas in many holiday destinations you can purchase the same for half price or less; the second reason, if all your meals and drinks are included, there is an incentive not to go out and about exploring the country you have gone to visit. And most of the local people I meet on holiday give an insight into another culture - and remind me that, no, we don't know everything here!!

I am not too keen on self catering on holiday, because I dont go on holiday to cook

Q-Buster

Thanks
    Karma Level

All Inclusive never used to appeal to me either until me and our lass went to the dominican 2 year ago. It was well worth it and all the food was top quality. If you do go all inc i wouldn't go any less than 4 star though.

Last year went to south africa and drove round staying at various places. This was good as we got to see the country not in a touristy way if you know what i mean

Looking at America/Mexico this year or Cuba

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Flash
    All Inclusive never used to appeal to me either until me and our lass went to the dominican 2 year ago. It was well worth it and all the food was top quality. If you do go all inc i wouldn't go any less than 4 star though.

Last year went to south africa and drove round staying at various places. This was good as we got to see the country not in a touristy way if you know what i mean

Looking at America/Mexico this year or Cuba

cuba cuba cuba !!! go for it man

been for the last 3 years........the place is ace
    peeps r friendly,they love kids,and theres loads to do........top hol destination if u ask me

i`m off for a weeks snowboardin on the 31st jan to livigno italy(3rd time there too )

dunno about summer yet though..hmmmmmmm.............screw it .......CUBA !!!!

chippy
    [live=z CHIPPY z]z CHIPPY z[/live]
    http://www.myspace.com/thecourteeners

Thanks
    Karma Level

after my trip to spend new yrs in NYC got cancelled (GRRRR) im now goin in the summer

DJ

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't recommend Cuba or the Dom Rep enough - where did you guys go in the respective country (that's to Mr Flash and chippy).

Did both All Inc and can't knock it, although as already posted, if you're going to do it go for one of the better hotels and research into the hotel before you book.

I went to Santorini last year (pretty little greek island, if you see a sea view painting of pretty white houses on a cliff over the sea then it's probably Santorini) - considering the small size of the Island there was loads to do and the scenery is spectacular.