Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Weird svideo problem.

ok, i have a geforce 4 ti 4600...

now i have the vga and the dvi outputs used for 2 monitors, the dvi having a vga converter on it for the second monitor..

anyway.. i wanna hook the pc to the tv so i can watch films on it rather than the monitor, the problem being i have a kind of weird svideo output on the back of it:

thats exactly what mine looks like.. now where the **** do i get a cable for that centre connection?! as ive never seen anything like that for an svideo.. the only svideo ones ive seen have 4 pins and the little square plastic bit. also... my telly doesnt actually have an svideo input on it, only a couple of scarts and a composite bit (l-audio, r-audio and video).. so if i did find some kind of cable for it, how the hell do i get this into a form that i can connect to the telly.. there must be some kind of way to do it but im not really sure where to look.

or is there a way to do it without touching the svideo at all, but without losing the use of one of monitors?

can anyone help?

cheers

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Weird svideo problem.

Because it acts as both a video out AND video in, you are gonna need one of these "dongles".

Then all you need is a pc to tv kit (got mine for about £7 off ebay and its tits!) and you are sorted.
    You could even go crazy and buy 2 (one for ya video-in) so you can watch and record tele on yer pc. It's beauty watching sky without havin to leave the pc.
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmm.. cheers copey.. that explains what the **** all those extra pins are for..

so if i got the dongle and say.. one of these: http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...moduleno=37202

that will probably cover it.. i dont even need the phono jack as the pc is already connected to the amp so thats fine and itll save farting about with composite.. im not really bothered about imput for the likes of sky as the sky box and telly are about 3 feet from the pc heh..

now i just need to find an in/out dongle.

cheers m8y

Thanks
    Karma Level

No probs.
    That tv to pc scart thing is right yeah. Quite good for a tenner.
    Spose video-in is decent for usin as a digital video recorder when used with the right software.
    I would of thought they would supply one of those s-video dongle splitter things with the gfx card. There doesn't seem to be any about after doing a quick google :nowords:
    LEEDS AND PROUD