Close

Thread: Games on HD???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Games on HD???

I'm on the road a lot for work. I have heard that it may be possible to save games onto the HD and play them from there rather then tote all my games plus an Xbox. I was just wondering if someone could thorw out a basic overview.
    I know I'll need a chip of some sort. (No idea on which one is best.)
    I would imagine I'd need a larger HD. I recall reading somewhere that there is a size limit. Maybe I'm wrong. Anywy, if someone could help me a bit here. I searched a bit and was not finding the answers I needed. Everything I dug up seemed a bit too technical. I was looking for the basics. Then I can go from there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Games on HD???

theres very user friendly tutorials that cover this on xbox-scene, what your asking would require alot of explaining and its not somethin i can be bothered to do!

the basics are
    get a big HD
    rip games from the dvd to the HD
    set up evox so the games are acessable
    any new chip will do

if your that unsure about it , pay a mod installer to sort it out for you

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Games on HD???

once you do this m8 youll wonder how u ever lived without it, i was finally badgered into putting a newer chip and bigger hard drive (by persons that shall remain nameless) and now i totally love it to bits.

first off as u know you need a chip, its a matter of opinion as to what chips are best, lots of people have great success with different chips, personally id go for an executor 2.

rite now you have your chip installed the next thing you will need is a larger hard drive, the size of the drive totally depends on how many games you want to put on the drive, i have an 80gig in mine and this is plenty for me.

next you will need a disc called slayers installer disc 2.5, this will prepare your larger hard drive for you in a very short time, it will install evolution-x, media player, hddloader, and a dvd player among many other things.

evolution-x is a tool that will let you connect to your xbox via ftp from your pc, you do this by either putting in a network card in your pc, or through a hub. when connected you can send games to and from your xbox/pc, this will also let you backup your original xbox games.

before installing the larger hard drive you have to set it via the jumpers to cable select, but ive had 2 that had to be set to master as cable select didnt work.

thats the basics m8, once you have these items just post back, or post as you go along if you run into any trouble.

hope this helps a bit
    Through the darkness of futures past. The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds. Fire Walk With Me.