Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default are they really selling ibrox?

on the news tonight i caught part of the sport section which claimed chairman murray was selling ibrox and then going to lease it back to the club....

any truth?...hope not as i'm going there for the livi game (dont ask!!) - will the feckin club deck be sold off by then?

it would tie in with the ticket office bit being sold off and they're working from a portacabin now??? :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: are they really selling ibrox?

Murray wants to buy it back and rent it to the Huns but the current Hun board have realised that Murray makes money from everything at Ipox (pies/programs etc) and the only money making asset that the Huns have is the stadium so it would be commercial suicide to sell it.

Stranger things have happened tho - especially where Murray is involved :nowords:
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by D 1
    Murray wants to buy it back and rent it to the Huns but the current Hun board have realised that Murray makes money from everything at Ipox (pies/programs etc) and the only money making asset that the Huns have is the stadium so it would be commercial suicide to sell it.

Stranger things have happened tho - especially where Murray is involved :nowords:
    nope theyre not selling murrays allready came out and said that its cause he's making a big anouncement next week and everybody up here trying to guess what it is.

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

He's finally coming out
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Found this on the E-Tims rumour mill so I dont know if its related to the big announcement that Diablos mentioned above.

Perhaps Big Eck shouldn't be quite so hasty because we hear that the Cavalry may be just round the corner. James Traynor and Derek Johnstone have recently been alluding to big changes at Ibrox. What can they be referring to? Will someone really ride to Rangers' rescue on a white charger? (Well it wouldn't be the first time would it?) We understand that a number of the Findlays and Camerons who inhabit the Ibrox executive lounges are very unhappy at the current financial state of the club. One man is the main focus of their anger - step forward Mr David Murray.

Findlay and Cameron are said to be shocked that Murray has effectively "asset stripped" the club. He appears to have his finger in every Ibrox pie - be it tickets, merchandising or even erm... pies. However, this has been the state of play for a while now down Govan way so what's new? Well word has reached us that Cameron and Findlay are extremely alarmed at talk that Murray may buy Ibrox Park and lease it back to the club. This would be spun as a great humanitarian gesture by the "honorary" chairman and would potentially wipe millions off the club debt. Only problem is that Rangers, the football club, would effectively no longer own anything that could generate income for the club. So what's to be done? We understand that a consortium of Rangers minded individuals have banded together and are in the process of trying to take the club out of Murray's hands. We wonder if Douglas Park, as in "of Hamilton" might know anything about this?
    I had a blind date tonight, her name was :. .:. : ... .::

Thanks
    Karma Level

Maybe Walter Smith and Archie Knox are going back!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

e-tims i think?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by diablos
    nope theyre not selling murrays allready came out and said that its cause he's making a big anouncement next week and everybody up here trying to guess what it is.
    Errr,I think you'll find that this WAS the big statement until he was rumbled.
    Of course,Dodgy Dave is now back-tracking.

To be honest,I dont think this is a bad plan,in ran*ers situation...but surely,a collection of investors could get together and present the same plan,with the clubs interest at heart.
    Im sure the followers would be more sympathetic.

Anyway,on a more cynical note,......hope they go bust....... :thumbs