Close

Thread: Pissed at work

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Pissed at work

Apparantly last night there was a program on channel4 called "pissed on the job".
    I was meaning to watch it, as it sounded intresting, I think it was about people who get so wrecked in their social life that it spills into their work life and they are invariably pissed whilst at work.

Quite ironically I am pissed at work as I write this.
    Well just about coming round now, at what... 10.15am.

I went out about 8pm last night, had about 6 pints and 4-5 whiskies and cokes.
    At this point I should have just gone home, but I didnt want to, it was after 11pm and I had to get to work for 8am this morning, so I should have just gone home, instead I ordered a cocktail that consists of 3 shots of whiskies, then went to another bar and ordered the same drink again, then got another beer, I was then give a shot of jaegermeister, then someone bought a round of jaegermeisters and red bull, where you have a half pint glass, filled about half way with red bull, then you put the shot glass containing the jaegermeister in the glass of redbull and then drink it.

I cant remember anything after that, but woke up fully clothed on the sofa this morning and felt like shit.

I got to work on time and had a fry up, it didnt really work, I have just had two glasses of orange juice and thats made me feel a bit better, I was nearly falling asleep all morning, Its really really shit being at work at the moment.

I wish I was at home in bed.

Why didnt I just go home earlier?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Pissed at work

I used to do it, now when I do it I get away with it as I work from home

Go to the pub at lunchtime, you know you want to

Thanks
    Karma Level

was a very good program indeed....

a dramatisation based on RL stories....
    it showed how delusional people can become to convince themselves its ok to black out each night.

one very powerfull part was concerning this chap who had lost his family/job/house and everything to the drink. and as he put it "the only thing i have left is the drink, and now they want to take that away" (he had started to go to AA)

there was another point where a bloke gets up in the morning after a heavy night and start to explain how a doctor told him that during the 8 hours your asleep you body can actualy withdraw of getting no alcohol . and is his misguilded mind that was a good enuf reason to sup on a can of stella as he got out of bed.

i like a beer as much as anyone and i even work for a beer company.
    but gotta be said its bloody leathal stuffs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Didn't we ban Gin a long time ago because of the problems it used to cause? around the time of the black plague?

Thanks
    Karma Level

there used to be gin houses everywhere in london, people got addicted to it so they had to ban it - there has been a few tv programs about it

There's no question that gin was problematic. The English were not used to drinking distilled spirits, so they drank gin the way they drank beer: by the pint. When a grain surplus at the turn of the century gave distillers the opportunity to use better-quality grain, gin production began to soar, and the poor who were then crowding into London (largely as a result of the grain surplus which made it difficult to survive as a farm laborer) found gin selling to be a lucrative occupation, and gin drinking a pleasant pastime. By the mid-1740s, the average, per capita consumption of gin in London was 2.2 gallons a year. And since rich people weren't drinking any gin at all, the amount of gin consumed by the gin drinking poor was actually much higher.

Warner examines the legislative attempts to eliminate the gin problem. The case studies of the various laws and associated campaigns are fascinating in their resemblance to contemporary anti-drug crusades. Reformers emphasized the problems gin caused to the families, by leading women to abandon or neglect their children, and by causing an upsurge in the birth rates of gin-addicted babies. In the final chapter of the book, Warner makes the comparison to the anti-crack campaigns in the 1980s explicit -- in both cases, reformers saw the drug as the cause of a whole host of social problems among the poor, rather than seeing the problems of poverty as the cause of drug use.
    http://www.papaya-palace.com/katbook...es/000613.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

That'll be why they call gin mother's ruin then!!