Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default online credit card payment systems??

Just wondering if there are any online payment systems that allow me to input a credit card/ debit card number and deudct the amount from the card and show the name as my trading name. But without all the hassle of going through a long winded route of getting company details etc as I dont have a registered company. I sell a lot overseas and most people dont have paypal, nochex etc preffered payment is usually credit card and they can send me a photocopy of the credit card and ID.

Does anyone know of any companies that provide this kind of service? I checked out Worldpay but they also reqire loads of info which I don't have. Would be grateful for any help provided :thumbs

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: online credit card payment systems??

I think you can do it through nochex. but they charge you a commision.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by hn120
    Does anyone know of any companies that provide this kind of service? I checked out Worldpay but they also reqire loads of info which I don't have. Would be grateful for any help provided :thumbs
    Err, Worldpay don't require anything special m8, and they don;t require you to have a limited company either they are quite happy to accept sole traders. You'll only get knocked back from them if the operation is dodgy or illegal.

Alternatively try netbanx.co.uk or one of the european based companies.

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks peeps, will check them out

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've looked into this myself mate and found a bit more involved than I first thought.

Obviously you need a business current account, then you need to acquire a credit card merchant account which allows you to take credit card payments and get them transferred to your business account. You have to prove to them you have a legit business otherwise you could be fraudulently taking money from credit cards.

All online CC clearance companies will not take you on unless you have a merchant account. As my business account was with Nat West I went with Streamline to get a merchant account.

After much research I found www.protx.com to be the best for online CC clearance. They charge a flat rate of £20 per month, that's it. No % per transaction - unlike Worldpay. They have different options as well where you can intergrate their payment page into your website or have your own online terminal for processing phones orders.

hope this helps mate.
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by empo
    I've looked into this myself mate and found a bit more involved than I first thought.

Obviously you need a business current account, then you need to acquire a credit card merchant account which allows you to take credit card payments and get them transferred to your business account. You have to prove to them you have a legit business otherwise you could be fraudulently taking money from credit cards.

All online CC clearance companies will not take you on unless you have a merchant account. As my business account was with Nat West I went with Streamline to get a merchant account.

After much research I found www.protx.com to be the best for online CC clearance. They charge a flat rate of £20 per month, that's it. No % per transaction - unlike Worldpay. They have different options as well where you can intergrate their payment page into your website or have your own online terminal for processing phones orders.

hope this helps mate.
    Don't mean to be rude m8, but most of that is bollox.

Taking WorldPay as an example, I have had many clients sign up to them and in most cases they had no business account, no limited company and no merchant account. Worldpay act as your merchant and provide you with an account, they take a flat fee of 50p on Switch/Solo transactions and 4.5% on all credit card transactions. You might be paying a flat fee with Protx but what about the 2%+ you pay on transactions thru Natwest?

You can apply for a World Direct account with WorldPay with an ordinary bank account and be up and running within a few days once your bank has signed the compliance form. No need for a seperate merchant account, no need for a business account.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good point there CJ,

I'm looking at taking online payment and to be honest there definitely doesn’t seem to be getting away from paying a sizeable sum. I have a business account with Natwest aswell and I'm undecided between the likes of protx,worldpay,natwest/streamline. I need to look into it more but there’s some stuff on the forum at www.oscommerce.com on credit card processors.

Will keep looking.

Crossman.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    Don't mean to be rude m8, but most of that is bollox.

Taking WorldPay as an example, I have had many clients sign up to them and in most cases they had no business account, no limited company and no merchant account. Worldpay act as your merchant and provide you with an account, they take a flat fee of 50p on Switch/Solo transactions and 4.5% on all credit card transactions. You might be paying a flat fee with Protx but what about the 2%+ you pay on transactions thru Natwest?

You can apply for a World Direct account with WorldPay with an ordinary bank account and be up and running within a few days once your bank has signed the compliance form. No need for a seperate merchant account, no need for a business account.
    yeah point taken. but it's not complete bollox.

Worldpay setup a merchant account just as Streamline would do.
    when i die i wanna be buried face down so everyone can kiss my arse ! :kissass

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Worldpay are a 3rd party provider they go through streamline and other providers, were Streamline are the card processors themselves.

Worldpay are expensive. The cheaper option of a proper bank provider merchant services.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist
    Worldpay are a 3rd party provider they go through streamline and other providers, were Streamline are the card processors themselves.

Worldpay are expensive. The cheaper option of a proper bank provider merchant services.
    If your volume of sales is going to be large, you have a limited company and already have a business account set up then your right, the cheaper and better option is an internet merchant account of your own.

But, if you are a sole trader with an ordinary bank account and don't expect massive sales, then Worldpay is a by far the best option purely on ease alone, the time and costs involved in setting up and obtaining your own merchant account along with a business bank account is overkill.

Thanks
    Karma Level

worldpay/netbanx have registered lots of merchant accounts under their name. This means they take the risk if they let you use one of their accounts. They usually charge a higher % on the transaction for this service.

to get a lower % you would have to get your own merchant account from the bank, which would mean having an established business (in general).