Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Which Dash Programming device is the best?

Ok you guys... please rate the dash programming device according to the following objectives:

1)ease of use
    2)technical support
    3)pricing
    4)updates
    5)softwares

www.dashfixer.com
    www.cdh.co.uk

www.revtech.co.uk

www.dashmaster.com

From 1-5, 5 is the highest, please rate the five objectives under each sites. I am currently using another dash programming device that isn't listed and it's pretty difficult to use and the docs, pdf files, instructions, and etc are all scattered around on the cd and it confuses the living crap out of me. The seller really needs to organize the folders and files on the cd before selling their products. Right now I'm planning on purchasing the device from one of the sites above to replace the one I currently have. Their support is HORRIBLE!!!!!!! There is like only 1 or 2 support person. I want to make sure the device is legit before I purchase it. Revtech has a 7 days a week help desk support which is really nice. The only two i have in mind at this moment is cdh and revtech. Your inputs will be very helpful in my decision. I don't want to end up buying another horrible device that costed me over $3,000. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Which Dash Programming device is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by ghq_style
    Ok you guys... . I don't want to end up buying another horrible device that costed me over $3,000. Thanks in advance.
    I don't know anything about the dashmaster system. But I use CDH's kit, dashfixers kit ( diga consult) and Revtech's kit (Digiprog II) .

First thing I can tell you is that you won't be buying any of these for $3000 US. At todays rates, thats only £1,750 ! That's for sure. To be honest, it would certainly not even buy an UPGRADE for at least 2 of these 3. And that's the big problem with all these kits. Once you buy them, they have you (or so they think...) They will add on a few new models (which they invariably copy from each other, for that is the nature of them all. Very often strange software glitches mysteriously occur on competitors systems too! ) For these few models added onthey will shaft you - with no lubrication. If you don't pay the extortionate upgrade fees, you will not get any help with problems you encounter. Try ringing CDH during office hours (UK time) for help. You would get through to George W. Bush easier.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Which Dash Programming device is the best?

Sorry to hear you've been let down by other companys, however I would like to point out that your helpline and support with Dashfixer is for life regardless of when you last purchased an upgrade.

And you wont pay crazy money for updates as they tend to discount them from the price they are supposed to sell them at: eg: Oct Update:1,500quid was reduced to 950quid, got their arses kicked but the customers were happy.
    Last edited by car-sparky; 28th January 2004 at 11:48 AM.