Our friends in World Football caught up with the hottest teenage property in the game, American Freddy Adu.
Imagine it, you're 14-years old and you've got the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea chasing after your signature, as well as a $1m sponsorship deal from sports giants Nike.

Freddy Adu is the teenager every major European football team wants to sign.

He's got it all, pace, vision, finishing - and a pretty old head on some very young shoulders.

While Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge may call in the very near future, right now Freddy has to concentrate on his homework.

But despite his mountain of schoolwork, Freddy has some seriously ambitious plans for his football career.

With the fame comes the attention

"I would love to end up playing in England playing for someone like Manchester United," he said.

"I've loved them ever since I was a baby - I still am a baby!

"I know they've been tracking me for sometime and I'm very excited - a big team like Manchester United knows about me.

"You have to be doing something good for a team like them to notice you."

Freddy's already caused waves on the international scene, making his debut for the USA's Under-20 team in September.

And he's desperate to train with the best to improve his already exceptional game.

"My coach thinks it's a good idea for me to graduate from school and get out there and play in a higher competition," he said.

"I wanted to train with the bigger guys and make myself better. I want to be pushed around, take the game to another level and that's what I want to experience."

With his sights set at the very top, there's plenty of expectation on young Freddy's shoulders.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/3240343.stm