Close

Thread: pc-bioxx

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default pc-bioxx

I have one of those old lik sang pc-bioxx mods installed in my Xbox along with an 80 gig hdd.
    Until recently i've not messed with it much, I was just happy using boxplorer to run games from hard disk.
    I thought it was time to do a bit more with it so I installed a mame emmulator, some new skins, a couple of apps and xbmp 2.4.
    I've configured xbmp 2.4 to play movies streamed directly from my PC & everything is working OK.

What I fancy doing next is flashing the bios on my PCbio-xx chip but I'm not sure what bios's are compatable with it. As far as I know it has to be a 1meg bios. Currently i'm using EvoX V2.4.

I have a few questions,

What is the latest & greatest bios that I can flash this chip with ?

What would be the main advantages over EvoX 2.4 (I fancy the IGR) ?

What is the best way to flash ? Should I do it using the parallel port hanging out the back of the xbox or should I use the option from the evolution X dashboard ?

Thanks.
    http://www.stranglers.net/rl_logo_2006.jpg

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: pc-bioxx

What is the latest & greatest bios that I can flash this chip with ?
    you can use any bios as long as you use the make1meg.bat , that is presuming your right about it having 1meg, i presume it does because that was the standard size back when that chip was made

the best thing to do would be to get the bios checker util off xbins and run that, it should give you all the info you need.

What would be the main advantages over EvoX 2.4 (I fancy the IGR) ?
    Advantages over what? of you mean over boxplorer then its just a whole lot easier to get to you apps n games, theyre just listed under games, apps automatically and you wont have to traul through menus

What is the best way to flash ? Should I do it using the parallel port hanging out the back of the xbox or should I use the option from the evolution X dashboard ?
    I would assume EvoX can flash it, although i dont really know, If it does then it will pad a 256k bios for you aswell before it flashes, try it, if it cant flash it, it wont flash it

the best advice i can give you is to serach xbox-scenes forums and tutorials for more info really