Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Spare wires for Xecuter2.2

My m8 has modded his box with an Xecuter 2.2lite and now it wont boot up, it does the 3 power up thing and then there is no video. He has checked for bust tracks, solder on the board etc and cant find anything wrong. He wondered if it would make any difference if he took the header pins off and soldered direct onto the board? Only thing is I threw away the wires :| . I have tried bald bouncer and he doesn't have any in stock, I've looked at some other suppliers but no-one else seems to do them.

Do you guys think that it would make any difference, and if so, any suggestions where I might get them from.

Cheers guys

BP
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Spare wires for Xecuter2.2

if the tray still ejects on power up then its fine just use a disc with your new bios on as the newer xboxs dont show the cromwell flash screen

Thanks
    Karma Level

nah he says hes getting a frag (flashing red and green) so its not working normally somewhere. what version xbox is it, im not sure on the compatabilities of the x2.2

changing the install method wont really help, redo the pin header on the motherboard, i had a bad solder on those once.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I think its a ver 1.1 or 1.2 box, its about 1 year old I think. It was modded by my m8 who's an electronic engineer on a professional soldering rig (with microscopes etc) and he cant see anything wrong with it.

The only thing is my m8 (the who's box it is) is hassling me to get it fixed or get him a new one....despite him asking me to get it modded for him. Some people :nowords:

Anyway I think I'll ask my m8 to try resoldering it and see if that does anything.

BP
    How about a positive LSD story? Would you like to see a positive LSD story on the news to hear what's it all about, perhaps? Wouldn't that be interesting just once?

"Today, a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves... Here's Tom with the weather".

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

are you sure it`s a 1.1/1.2 double check m8 also does it boot with the chip off ???
    if it boots with the chip off(should do) then i say either you have a newer version box that dosnt like the cromwll bios or that the 2.2 has a corrupt or no bios on it (had this a few times) try reflashing the chip with either the progger or a hot flash in another box

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

No m8, it doesnt boot with the chip off, hence why I wondered if it was a solder prob. My m8 (the engineer) reckons not, but tbh I don't know. The reason I think its a v1.1.or 1.2 is that it was bought over a year ago.

BP

Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Karma Level

Find an old IDE cable and strip the cables off that, works a treat!

LaterZ
    Leftfield_2k2

E~Mail Me @: wWw.Tribe2k@GMail.Com

Thanks
    Karma Level

maybe the chip is just blank, someone else on here had the same problem with a chip he recieved and was totally blank so he couldnt even flash it

Thanks
    Karma Level

just a thought when you tried it with the chip off you did remember to disconnect the d0 wire did'nt you

Thanks
    Karma Level

he doesnt need to, the X2 is made to turn off with a front mounted switch panel

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol sorry yes it is which d0 did u use if it was the underside point check that the d0 wire isnt caught under the gnd screw causing a perm connection with gnd (seen that a lot) if the box wont work with chip out then i rekon u prob fubared the d0 trace

Thanks
    Karma Level

Fragging is caused by poorly soldered LPC connections , and not byu the D0 Connection So if hes done the wire install on a V1.0 Upwards hes probally messed it up a little , did he use any Flux? this is essential for the soldering on LPC

i still dont understand how hes soldered this mod (sorry i dont know Lite)

But its LPC connections not GND or D0 fragging is a well known problem with X2s because people just dont use flux

If hes used a header pin without using the flux then hes ****ed it up, tell him to desolder it (with braid). And try and get some replacement wires (u can buy them im sure!!!)

It may have been bald bouncer actually (doh ) i will look around

Thanks
    Karma Level

why is flux essential for soldering on the LPC points, ive done well over 100 installs and never used flux for such big points, only on the D0

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gets a very nice connection with Header pins

Your best bet is to go on Xbox-Scene there are some real X2 Boffs there, get him to take some pics

http://www.teamxecuter.com/x23b_pro_pin.htm
    Last edited by Conlia98; 30th January 2004 at 07:24 AM.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Yep the guy who did it used flux, he's done about 10 or so boxes and this is the only one that dont work. H used the header pins rather than soldering the wires direct onto the board - but then thats the way he's done them all. :nowords:

Bill Hicks