Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Chelsea's new signing

As Chelsea are to unveil their new signing (Scott Parker) at noon today Alan Curbishley has a parting shot at him and at Chelsea:
    "Maybe Chelsea want him as they see us as their nearest rivals."

With all respect to a good manager I can't see how Charlton are our nearest rivals. Geographically in the Premiership it's Fulham. Points-wise in the Premiership it the Arse. Position wise it's a tie between them and the Mancs. So I suppose he means alphabetically. But then that's not much of a reason for envy. :nowords:
    Anyway to any of our "nearest" rivals.... :tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Chelsea's new signing

i guess this all proves money talks, any idea how much the deal is worth?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Why move to Chelsea??? Does he really think that going there is going to improve his England chances??? He wont even be garuanteed a game every week...

He isnt better than Lampard OR Makelele OR Geremi OR Veron (when fit)...
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

£10 Mill, and last week Charlton Chairman told us to "Get Lost" with our money and we will never sign Parker, he must be feeling a right Prick now!!

We were going to buy him at the start of the season as our only signing, but it all changed when Abromavich came along.

Charlton complained last year when they lost on our football 'beach' and wanted the game replayed, can you imagine if was the other way around??

Thanks
    Karma Level

Can't understand the move myself, what else can he offer that Chelsea don't already have?

Thanks
    Karma Level

though there is quality aplenty at the bridge in midfield, a little run of injuries, some at the training camp have left us a bit depleted, so i'm gussing its a cover signing
    slow but sure,or is it sure but slow

On the sidewalk Sunday morning
    Lies a body oozing life
    Someone's sneaking 'round the corner
    Is that someone Mack the Knife

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im glad he has joined us.. We never really replaced Wise in MF as we lacked an aggressive player to dominate the MF.. Ive watched him for a few seasons and he is tenacious, hard working and quite skillful.. I know most people think that Makelele offers this and I rate Makelele very highly, but I reckon Parker is a quicker and more aggressive player.. He will add a new dimension to our MF.. I still reckon Abramovic has his sights set on the Roma player Emerson, as he has always been his number one target and with their current financial problems, who knows....

Thanks
    Karma Level

When He gets a run in the team he'll stay in it! He'll be as indispensible as Duff. Makelele is rubbish (come on you know it!) so he's a holding midfielder eh? thats footballer speak for 'not good enough for centre half, can't run very well' Roy Keane still runs box to box, Veron is class but will never ever have a long run uninjured.. he likes to sit on the bench collecting his massive pay cheque. Geremi should be out wide on the right, Ranieri is obsessed with playing through the middle (he has Duff too central too). Lampard is.... well playing well but overall he is a limited footballer...Parker will do well, no doubt!

Thanks
    Karma Level

anyone want to hazard a guess at the weekly wage bill at chelsea ???

Thanks
    Karma Level

close to £1m?
    Last edited by maverick_15; 30th January 2004 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jjatlas
    anyone want to hazard a guess at the weekly wage bill at chelsea ???
    As a guess, id say approx £80M p/a taking into account the 15 new players signed (including a few GK on bosmans).. So about £1.53M per week?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by enee6087
    When He gets a run in the team he'll stay in it! He'll be as indispensible as Duff. Makelele is rubbish (come on you know it!) so he's a holding midfielder eh? thats footballer speak for 'not good enough for centre half, can't run very well' Roy Keane still runs box to box, Veron is class but will never ever have a long run uninjured.. he likes to sit on the bench collecting his massive pay cheque. Geremi should be out wide on the right, Ranieri is obsessed with playing through the middle (he has Duff too central too). Lampard is.... well playing well but overall he is a limited footballer...Parker will do well, no doubt!
    Q: Do watch the same football as everyone else!? :nowords:

A: :nono
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i think chelsea should buy a couple more midfielders, you can never have enough. :whistle

still be a couple of years before they all play well together, its ok when you can beat the big teams but when you lose (as you do every year) to the teams in the bottom half of the prem , thats when your champ hopes disintergrate.

Thanks
    Karma Level

personally i think chelsea should buy a couple more midfielders, you can never have enough. :whistle

still be a couple of years before they all play well together, its ok when you can beat the big teams but when you lose (as you do every year) to the teams in the bottom half of the prem , thats when your champ hopes disintergrate.
    Talking about champ hopes disintergrating, ever wondered what would happen if Henry was injured for a few months or even a few weeks? Trust me, those potential 3 points would soon become 1 points or even 0 points

Thanks
    Karma Level

so romans plan is to buy all the good players from the average teams so that they cant beat them.
    Then everygame will be a walkover except against the other rich clubs, so it narrows the championship down to fewer games thus leaving less variability to hinder his chances of losing?

His next stage will be to loan out these surplus players and not let them play against chelseas (as they did with forrsel at birmingham) then that way they dont have to pay their wages (not 100% of it anyway), he can call them back if he needs them due to injuries/suspensions and he can arm teams up to the teeth with talent to help beat rivals such as arsenal and scum.

What a plan!

Thanks
    Karma Level

When Ranieri joined one of his main promises was to make a younger and more British team. Chelsea were always slagged off for 'too old' and also for 'bunch of foreigners' Now we have reduced the average age of the team considerably and have the ability to field some of Britain's best young talent. He's done what he promised so far.
    As for money which seems to be most people's envy at the moment money talks in football these days. Real Madrid who buy the biggest and best stars regardless of price are a huge example of that. Are you guys really saying that if you had an Abramovich you wouldn't be spending? You wouldn't be gloating and winding up others?
    As for losing to teams in the bottom half of the Premiership..Arsenal(1st),Charlton(4th), Liverpool (5th), and Bolton (10th) are our losses in the league so far this season. I think you've got ya table upside down mate. :tongue

"The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
    --Johann Kaspar Lavater

Thanks
    Karma Level

I would of preffered to stop at Chalrton myself, at Chelsea he will only be a bench warmer, i mean the likes of Makele, Veron, Lampard, Joe Cole, Petit, Jesper G (Cant type his second name lol) Stanic, Geremi, who would want to go to a club with that many midfielders. I think he will be a pure bench warmer. He is a good player but going to Chelsea will limit his chances of games, as for the likes of Charlton he would get a game always when fit.

Nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Chippa
    "The jealous are possessed by a mad devil and a dull spirit at the same time."
    --Johann Kaspar Lavater
    I don't think anyone is jealous m8, it is just a strange move as your mifield already consist's of: Lampard, J Cole, Veron, Petit, Gronkjaer, Makele, Duff, Stanic, Petit and Geremi.

Then again, if you can afford it to do it there is no rule saying you can't. I do think it will be good for his development in a certain way to learn from these player's, but he is not going to get consistant run's in the side. I think he would have been better off moving to another top 6 club like Liverpool for instance.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by niky2k232
    I would of preffered to stop at Chalrton myself, at Chelsea he will only be a bench warmer, i mean the likes of Makele, Veron, Lampard, Joe Cole, Petit, Jesper G (Cant type his second name lol) Stanic, Geremi, who would want to go to a club with that many midfielders. I think he will be a pure bench warmer. He is a good player but going to Chelsea will limit his chances of games, as for the likes of Charlton he would get a game always when fit. Nik
    A lot claimed that Lampard would be a pure bench warmer when he joined. He's come a long way and has improved immensely. Talent will always win a place. From those midfielders Petit and Stanic haven't got much time left in them. Veron's not far behind. Jesper Gronkjaer can flip off if he doesn't sort out his crossing. Geremi could do with a run in the side to build himself (when he gets back from African Nations). Ranieri really seems to be building a side for the future, coupled with a few experienced heads in there to teach the youngsters I'm hoping to see a side to really challenge for honours convincingly over the next few years. With all repect to Charlton, who are a good footballing side, Chelsea will have a squad to mount serious challenges on many fronts. I couldn't see Charlton managing Premiership, CL and FA cup with their squad.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak
    I don't think anyone is jealous m8, it is just a strange move as your mifield already consist's of: Lampard, J Cole, Veron, Petit, Gronkjaer, Makele, Duff, Stanic, Petit and Geremi.
    Out of them 9, Emmanuel'Sick-Note'Petit shall remain fit only until the next milan fashion show, Stanic shall never figure in the first team, Gronkjaer will be replaced at the end of the season and Geremi is just a squad player at best.. J Cole and Veron will have to bide their time..

So really, we need a few more midfielders...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast