Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Administration = Relegation?

It was suggested last night in the Aberdeen press (albeit massively biased), That clubs such as the Jags and the Dons should avoid relegation, favouring the relegation of clubs in administration.

Obviously, any old excuse to remain one of the only clubs in Britain never to have been relegated, but I can't help but feel, certainly in Thistle's case, if they aren't good enough they shouldn't be there. Mind you the SPL usually keeps good enough teams out anyway.

I can see the point thought, clubs that have "played fair" as it was put, and kept within budget restraints, (and as such are poorer teams) could well be punished, while those, who have gone outwith their means will get away with it, certainly this season.

I know a lot of the leeds boys might take exception to this, but I am in favour. Just. It wouldn't feel right though, staying up on a technicality.
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Administration = Relegation?

I think Aberdeen fans have got a cheek, given that only reason they weren't relegated a couple of seasons ago thanks to the imcompetence of the Falkirk Board.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bmw328i
    I think Aberdeen fans have got a cheek, given that only reason they weren't relegated a couple of seasons ago thanks to the imcompetence of the Falkirk Board.
    very true mate aberdeen are a disgrace of a club who should now be playing in the lower reaches of the spl..............

We Only Need Nine men, we only need nine men.

Thanks
    Karma Level

OMG,you've got a feckin' cheek.
    Your club encouraged the spend,spend attitude and are now massively in debt.
    In fact,high on the list for being put into administration next.
    Not much use docking your mob 10 points though,Celtic usually take 12 off you a season..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beekae
    OMG,you've got a feckin' cheek.
    Your club encouraged the spend,spend attitude and are now massively in debt.
    In fact,high on the list for being put into administration next.
    Not much use docking your mob 10 points though,Celtic usually take 12 off you a season..
    rangers have never been even close to administration can your team claim that......

ha ha ha 20 million to spend from your run in the consolation cup wheres the money went.............

Thanks
    Karma Level

You guy's should just have your own section to argue with eachother, I'm not complaining it makes for a very good read.

In the case of administration...No you shouldn't go down, but of course my opinion is biased.

Thanks
    Karma Level

LOL,
    Coincidentally,christian malingerer came out with a classic in todays press.

''I think there should be punishments for clubs that do not care about their financial situation. It's very important there are regulations.''

(((Brain kicks in and he remembers that the huns have more debt than the total of the rest of the SPL)))

''Listen, I'm a sportsman and not a business man and I have other things to concentrate on.''

What a d!ck..... :|

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by bmw328i
    Oh well, I failed in my attempt to create a proper discussion.
    To be honest mate - I would have prefered to go down, all this SPL closed shop shite is bollocks.

Besides if we went down it would have been 11 new grounds to visit, and we would have got rid of all the shite players we have been saddled with for so long.

As for you Diablos...lower reaches of the spl....we are mate. WTF? you on? and as for Rangers not being near administration - You are on your own planet again aren't you?!?

You can't seriously think your club is in a "good financial state" ?!?!?!?! :nowords:
    NtB
    We'll be coming...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Out of interest, Rangers have one of the Richest Chariman in the world, so how come Rangers are £90m in debt!?
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    Out of interest, Rangers have one of the Richest Chariman in the world, so how come Rangers are £90m in debt!?
    because we gambled all our money away with dodgy buys, but life goes on we arent the first club to get into finacial trouble chasing the dream....................

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snotty
    He's no longer Chairman,he passed on the financial shambles to john(patsy)mclelland when HSBC(their main banker),passed their account to head office for scrutiny.

He's never spent any of his own money on the club,but managed to get others to do so.

A prime example being Joe Lewis's company,who invested £20 million,on the understanding that 40% went towards the debt.

He spent all of it on players,and created even more debt.
    They bailled out,at a massive loss.

The whole club is tied up in webs of mortgages and loans.
    Officially,they'll tell you that their £69 million in debt,but most analysts believe this figure to be nearer £100 million.

If that became official,they would legally be required to be put into administration.Hence all the "cloak and dagger"

Needless to say,the ex-chairman,is very quiet these days. :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beekae
    He's no longer Chairman,he passed on the financial shambles to john(patsy)mclelland when HSBC(their main banker),passed their account to head office for scrutiny.

He's never spent any of his own money on the club,but managed to get others to do so.

A prime example being Joe Lewis's company,who invested £20 million,on the understanding that 40% went towards the debt.

He spent all of it on players,and created even more debt.
    They bailled out,at a massive loss.

The whole club is tied up in webs of mortgages and loans.
    Officially,they'll tell you that their £69 million in debt,but most analysts believe this figure to be nearer £100 million.

If that became official,they would legally be required to be put into administration.Hence all the "cloak and dagger"

Needless to say,the ex-chairman,is very quiet these days. :nowords:

you obviously dont live in scotland where he been giving radio interviews then...................... was on real radio for 35 minutes 2 weeks ago beekae and facts

your club 2 share issues and another one for the training academy wheres the money went.

what happend to the 20 million you where spending on players :nowords: