Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Illegal Immigrant Jailed After Child Killed

An uninsured driver has been jailed for two years for failing to stop after a car accident in which a child was killed.
    Callum John Oakford, nine, died in hospital after being hit by a car in Ferring, West Sussex.

Kamel Kadri, 38 and an illegal immigrant, was jailed for failing to stop after an accident and failing to report one.
    Paul Hayward, Crown Prosecution Service spokesman, said there was insufficient evidence to charge the Algerian with dangerous driving.
    Callum, known as CJ, was with two other friends when he was hit by a Renault 5 car as they tried to cross a road on New Year's Day.
    Witnesses said Kadri had been exceeding the 50mph speed limit on the road as he tried to overtake another car.
    But Mr Hayward said: "There has to be clear evidence he was driving in a carless and dangerous manner.
    "There was no evidence to support that."
    At Chichester Crown Court, Kadri was sentenced to eight months for failing to stop and report the accident and having no insurance or driving licence.
    He was given a further 16 months, to run consecutively, for having a false passport and banned from driving for two years.
    Judge Anthony Thorpe told him: "I trust that you will be removed from this country as soon as possible after your sentence."

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...122223,00.html

Why no manslaughter charge ?
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Illegal Immigrant Jailed After Child Killed

That is disgusting!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Over 1,000 kids die on our roads every year in similar circumstances, but that never makes the news. This has only made the news because the guy behind the wheel was an illegal immigrant, how fukin skewed are our media when they ignore hundreds of similar cases because they consider them not news worthy and because its ordinary british white folks who usually kill kids while driving their cars.

It's a horrible crime and I wish more like this were highlighted as our kids deserve to grow up. But turning it into an immigration issue is shocking.

Thanks
    Karma Level

2 years for taking a life and leaving a family without a child. That sound's like the British judicial system we have all be come to know and hate. :annoyed:

It is an insult and I feel so sorry for the family. He'll be out in 6 months and I suppose he will get special treatment inside as he won't be able to mix with the normal prisoners. Hopefully they will get hold of him and teach him some real justice. :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just seen this on the news that family remained very calm in light of the circumstances, but must be so hurt and let down.

The fact it is becuase of the way the law is written is a joke. The family feel manslughter should have been brought. I do not understand the law, but this seems logical to me.

My thoughts are with the family, this is disgusting and only hope i never have to have faither in the legal justice system. It's a joke.

Even the police who dealt with the inviestigation and convistion must be very angry.

.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    Over 1,000 kids die on our roads every year in similar circumstances, but that never makes the news. This has only made the news because the guy behind the wheel was an illegal immigrant, how fukin skewed are our media when they ignore hundreds of similar cases because they consider them not news worthy and because its ordinary british white folks who usually kill kids while driving their cars.

It's a horrible crime and I wish more like this were highlighted as our kids deserve to grow up. But turning it into an immigration issue is shocking.
    Your probably right , A normal British citizen would have been rightly prosecuted for MANSLAUGHTER !
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

If i was the lads father, i know that a certain Kamel Kadri would be seeking asylum in a few years from me.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I`m sick of these bast*rds,over here ,false passport,no licence no insurance and presumably no conscience, (the c*nt didn`t stop). and the judge says he hopes he`ll be deported after his short holiday, oops sorry I meant his custodial sentance.......
    Well it aint good enough, I just wonder what he would have got in Algeria for the same crime? something far worse than he got here I suspect :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

He got 2 years of a roof over his head, 3 meals a day, education, clothes, bed.... better than what he was used to Im sure....

:annoyed: :grr:
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

The worst thing about this is that the 2 years wasn't even for killing the kid. I read that he got 18 months for Passport / visa offences and the balance was for Driving without insurance and causing death by wreckless driving!!!! This countries judicial system is a F'ing joke!!!

My heartfelt respect & condolonces to the family of this poor child.
    DONUTS :) ------ Is there anything they can't do ??