Close

Thread: Good old days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Good old days

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents worth.

Over the years I have had many computers & consoles. My first was a binatone pong game, then an Atari VCS, the one with the brown wood effect look. After that I got my Atari 600XL with a ram pack adding a 1050 disk drive later on. I loved this computer, had so many games, Bruce Lee, Whistlers Brother, Rescue on Fractalus (jaggi lines) the lisy is endless. Then came the Atari ST, multi game disks, another wicked computer. Bet you can all guess what came next... Yes the Amiga 500, great sound n gfx, so many demo disks...do you all remember the demo of that flight sim, F19 Interceptor I think, stiring music, good gfx for its day. Then came the PC. I saw 4D Sports boxing on a m8s 386DX33 and I was gob smacked. Had to get me a pc, saved for months but eventually got one. Still using pc's, I work with them & still enjoy consoles, ps2, Xbox & GC. From time to time I will load up an emulator & relive the old days.

Anyway I think gaming can only get better & better, as technology advances we will soon be able to have photo realistic virtual worlds to play in. That's my thoughts anyway.

Love to hear your blasts for the past

:thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Good old days

Photo realistic is all well 'n good, but I play my neogeo more than my xbox...better fighting games.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Amiga was class... all the Microprose Sims were supurb... the best part being the wait after a mission to see what medal you got!! You dont seem to see that any more in games... earning the CMOH was an achievement in F19 as it took about an hour to do!!

Gunship, F14, F19, Airborn Ranger.... CLASS!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

with my old Atari 8bit I had the 1050 disk drive with an archiver chip which enabled me to backup games, it also increased the loading speed 10 fold. One of my fave games on this system was Berzerk, a lil bloke running around a maze zapping robots. What i liked most about it was the speech 'CATCH THE HUMANOID, STOP THE INTRUDER' all in a very robotic stylee speech.

Does anyone remeber Warhawk? Standard shoot em up but fantastic music even on he old Atari. The C64 soundtrack was far superior though.

Thank goodness for emulators.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i just picked up a colecovision machine & have got zaxxon & donkey kong.. closest to arcade quality if i remember rightly back in the old days. cant wait for it to arrive and relive my youth with pumping 10p's into the machine all the time

just got a super nes system for the kids (easier to play for them than the xbox & ps2) and besides the latest stuff are my toys anyway :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

How about Rescue on Fractalus (jaggi lines) on the old 8 bits? For me it was the first immersive '3d' game I played. Flying through canyons trying to locate downed pilots, landing & rescuing them. The scary bit was not knowing if they were alien or not. Somtimes, if they were alien they would suddenly appear on your crafts front window & bang it causing it to break. It did make me jump on occasions. Brilliant!