Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Free - Cancel T-mobile Monthly Contract, Get out of your contract with NO PENALTY

works for me - 2month old SE z600 for £40 thankyou.

Nice one oneeyedsnake

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Free - Cancel T-mobile Monthly Contract, Get out of your contract with NO PENALTY

pity DF didn't know this one was coming, would have been a huge increase in t-mobile sign ups 2 months ago!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers Oneeyedsnake... another t-mob customer bites the dust!
    they've diddled me by saying I need to give 30 days notice! I'll be back in touch.
    Tig3

Thanks
    Karma Level

CHEERS MATE!!!! I signed up for the wife in November and my step October. Mine was in December. Just split from her and they both gave phones back and said "You pay for them, we dont want them". Called today, got all three done and took my number with me, piece of cake, EXCELLENT !!!(bill and ted style)

Thanks
    Karma Level

argh! god dammit. it shuts at 10pm ill have to do it 2mrw now :|
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

after a bit of blether I got it down to 5 working days (no doubt 7 days) notice for them to switch my number over to O2.
    Cheers again Oneeyed!

Tig 3

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

if i Cancel my T-mobile contract can i still keep my number coz i keep it when i left orange

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yes.

Ask for a PAC when you cancel.

(Some of their staff have been reported as telling people they can't have a PAC without paying a cancellation fee - this is NOT true).

It seems best to wait until you have been transferred by the call centre clerk who first takes your call to the cancellation/retention team, and then waiting till they've agreed to you cancelling (they try and persuade you to stay) before mentioning the PAC.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well, it's an end of an era. I've had the same number and contract for eight years now. Time to move on...*sniff*

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's not that sad - you can keep your number - ask for a PAC when you cancel.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by tigger3
    after a bit of blether I got it down to 5 working days (no doubt 7 days) notice for them to switch my number over to O2.
    Cheers again Oneeyed!

Tig 3
    I made 4 phone calls, the first two were pleasant and they got me to try and look about and see if they could price match. I called a third time and they said that they could only terminate with immediate effect and guidance had been issued to the effect that they would not issue a PAC.

I called again 5 minutes later (with high blood pressure) and spoke to another adviser who has a different interpretation of the guidance.

I finally got my PAC and will be going to get another mobile tomorrow. Moral of the story is keep trying... I think a recent case with OFCOM has convinced them that a user is entitled to the number and not the network.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well that was a load of shite, just rung up and they wouldnt let me cancel at all. I followed everything that you guys said and insisted i was right and gave them quotes from terms and conditions and they still said its not possible to end the contract for free. They said if i wasn't happy with the £1 increase then they could take it off.
    LEEDS AND PROUD

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by copey123
    Well that was a load of shite, just rung up and they wouldnt let me cancel at all. I followed everything that you guys said and insisted i was right and gave them quotes from terms and conditions and they still said its not possible to end the contract for free. They said if i wasn't happy with the £1 increase then they could take it off.
    Phone again m8, they are fobbing you off. I did it and got the PAC, I even called again to confirm that the PAC wouldnt incur me early termination charges & the woman confirmed. They're a bunch of ignorant bastads.

Thanks
    Karma Level

copey123 - Zippeyrude is quite right - they tell lies to try and keep you.

(Their bonus depends on how many terminations they process - so the fewer they do, the more bonus they get!)

If they can put you off, it means you phone back in and some other clerk gets his bonus hit!

Just keep at them. Loads of people have managed it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Many thanks snake,had 2 contracts now have none... you the man

Thanks
    Karma Level

Keep an eye out for the final bills - there are a lot of "administrative errors" cropping up when they issue a final bill complete with a cancellation fee!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

cheers mate just cancelled my contract, offered to waive the charge i said no go and quoted t&c they then tried to say i was cancelling because of the £1 charge again i quoted t&c, they keep going on about the £1 charge but i kept going on about t&c

eventually agreed to cancel in 30 days again i quoted t&c and said it should be with immediate effect at which point the woman lost it and shouted dont quote the t&c to me i B****y work here i know the t&c at which point i asked again if it was with immediate effect she replied yes and hung up on me.

think it is finally getting to them

Thanks
    Karma Level

No it's not simply getting to them - I think they will say anything to trick you into staying!

When people have asked for a PAC (which they have to give if you ask for one)they say "ahh so you are leaving to go to a new network" - if you say 'yes', then they say you have to pay a cancellation charge 'cos you're not leaving because of the itemised billing increase.

Just imagine how many have given in under this sort of pressure.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Excellent news, I haven't examined my bill closely, maybe I have the notification... I'll look when I get back home.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I haven't been on the board for ages and when I get back I see it's still tip top! Thanks Smartasss and all the guys for the comments regarding the T&C.

I'll keep you informed on my progress, if they offer me an SE Z600 to stay with them I'll do that, if not I'll just cancel and get a new contract on the Z600 anyhow lol

Time Flies when you're having fun! A decade of DF - April 2002-2012.

Thanks
    Karma Level

its like a weight lifted of my shoulders just cancelled contract 2 phones t-mobile must be the worst :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs : :tongue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast