Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Free - Cancel T-mobile Monthly Contract, Get out of your contract with NO PENALTY

T-Mobile are introducing a major change to their Ts + Cs by starting to charge £1 extra per month (from 20th of February) for itemised billing (previously this has been included within the monthly line rental fee).

See:www.t-mobile.co.uk/itemised

They have a clause in their Ts + Cs which allows you to cancel without charge if the cancellation is as a result of them increasing any charges by more than the RPI. This new £1 charge is more than the RPI increase, and so you can cancel at no cost. (There is a note on their website pointing out that the charge is in excess of the RPI - but it doesn't say why they are telling you!)

This is taken from their Ts + Cs, section 2c(iii)(B)

A cancellation charge is not payable if :- we want to increase a charge to you and the increase, (when calculated as a percentage) will be more than the increase in the Retail Prices Index Figure, the RPI (also calculated as a percentage) for the 12 months before the month in which we send you notice of the increase. We will tell you if the increase will be more than the increase in the RPI. You must tell us you want to cancel before the increase happens.

You can cancel immediately without giving them any notice, and they will refund any monthly rental you have already paid. Make sure they know you are using the RPI clause to cancel - this is from section 7(a):-

You can cancel this agreement by notifying Customer Services you want to terminate. If you are cancelling because we have increased a charge above RPI (see 2c(iii)), your agreement will terminate immediately.

This may be of use if you currently have a T-Mobile contract and would like to get out of it for any reason (maybe to take advantage of other offers around at the moment, or you might be tied to a 12 month deal now, but have already received all your cashback from the deal etc.)

If you want to cancel, then don't use the option they show on their website to change to non-itemised billing - this would mean you've accepted the new deal, so wouldn't be able to cancel on the grounds of it being outside the RPI.

Be prepared for them to try and trick you into staying - they offer to stop the increase for you, new phone, reduce line rental, etc but if you accept any offer you lose the right to cancel scot free! (And then get one of the new better deals around now). They make you give them your details, ask why you want to cancel (don't offer any reason other than the RPI clause), and eventually put you through to another department which will try even harder to stop you cancelling - just quote the Ts + Cs.

Notification of this new charge is being sent out with bills issued from January 20th, and the charge will go onto the following bill - they may tell you you can't cancel till you've had the notification (which they are allowed to), but some have managed it.

There is a thread discussing this limited time loophole at Money Saving Expert:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi...num=1074929170

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Free - Cancel T-mobile Monthly Contract, Get out of your contract with NO PENALTY

hmm, thats good, i was gonna cancel mine anyway, whats a good contract for arround 20 quid a month, any suggestions?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Free - Cancel T-mobile Monthly Contract, Get out of your contract with NO PENALTY

So if i took out a contract today and get a nice free handset... come the 20th I can cancel without penalty ??

Thanks
    Karma Level

No good - all new contracts don't include itemised billing.

This scheme is for those of us currently in a contract.

I think they stopped the itemised billing for new contracts sometime last month.

Thanks
    Karma Level

not realty a bargain, more of a get out clause, moving to gsm secion

Thanks
    Karma Level

I'm in your hands - didnt know the best place for it, but it is a bargain if you've got a T-Mobile contract, cos if you cancel it, you got a cheapie phone!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

{{909}} get a free sim of o2 for nowt put a tenner in 300 free txt take note when you put tenner in reset clock and hey presto all back again full instructions on gsm now thats cheap
    "I HAVE NOTHING TO DECLARE BUT MY GENIUS" OSCAR WILDE

Thanks
    Karma Level

I started a new contract back in November, will they want the phone they gave me back if I cancel?

MrQ, where do I find the instructions of how to do the SIM trick on those sims? I've ran a few searches on here but had no joy, sorry to be a plum...
    Last edited by eripmav; 6th February 2004 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

You keep the phone!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

just cancelled mine :thumbs

offered to wavier the charge if i stayed.

told him i wasnt happey that they even suggested that they was now charging for it and i was cancelling has protest for all the people who dont even realise that they can cancel.
    then they told me i needed to give 30 days notice so i said :shutup its in the t's and c's that it would be with imediate effect :stupid .

they said oh ok then we will have to then wont we. :tongue

so me out of it now weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

cheers for the heads up

bb

Thanks
    Karma Level

I cant thank you enough i had 2 contracts with a phone on each and have had nothing but problems with t - moblie from day one they just kept laughin at me sayin theres nothin you can do you signed a contract for each phone and if you want to cancel you have to pay about £120 a phone. So i just rang em and they shit lol they said whats the rpi clause so i sais its your contract go and read it, they come back after bein on hold for 2 mins and said i will put you though 2 to another bloke. He then siad is this the only problem you have because i will remove the charge for you. I luaghed at him and said not interested m8. He then said ok i will cancel them from the 7th of march so i said hang m8 i thought this was an imediate cancelation so he did it there and then lol.

All i can say to you Snake is i ow you big time and this does work T - Moblie have just shit there pants hehe

Thanks
    Karma Level

So if i buy a new t-mobile today on contract, then cancel it before the period saying i just found out this information? Will i get to keep the phone or will i lose it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by MrQ
    {{909}} get a free sim of o2 for nowt put a tenner in 300 free txt take note when you put tenner in reset clock and hey presto all back again full instructions on gsm now thats cheap

ive been after one of those sims for a while, it wont let me order one online cos ive had one b4 (which i gave away..duh)

i thought u just got 300 txts a month as norm, whats the clock trick for?

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ hjf288

They're stupid, but not that stupid!

They changed their contracts for new phones just before announcing the charge for itemised billing, so if you get a new phone now, it doesn't include itemised billing in the deal.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Dang, i considered getting a Contract T-mobile 2 months ago as well :S

Thanks
    Karma Level

Lol my m8's done it now aswell he also had 2 contracts we had it on lound speak on his 7250i and they gave him some stick asking were he got this info from and had he been informed he just kept sayin i want to cancel my contract every time she asked a question he must of said it a hundred time it was funny as ****. He eventually said he had a weak signal cos they werent for canceling so he asked for her name and hung up. About 3 mins later t - mobile ring him back and say sorry about what happened and canceled both contracts there and then i could not believe it. All i want to know is do they ow any money back to me and my m8 because i ow them about 3 months bills and he ows about one month. I cant understand why they shit there pants so much there must of been loads picked up on this because they really wanted to know were he got this info from but the gave in in the end. At first they said if you dont tell when or how you was informed they cant cancel after a good 10 mins sayin the same thing they gave up lol. Thanks again you have saved me and mi m8 alot of money cheers

:thumbs
    Last edited by Neo\nsc; 8th February 2004 at 01:49 AM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Brilliant find !!! I got a contract for the missus in Nov and got kicked out by her in Dec. Now i can cancel her bloody contract. BILLY BINGO!!!!
    THANKS

Thanks
    Karma Level

@NEO/nsc

When you cancel they should do it immediately.

This means that they will owe you for the line rental they already have charged you upfront.

They'll send a final bill within about a week, and this should have the credit on it for the unused line rental - watch out for it, cos some people have found they made a 'mistake' and still charged them the cancellation fee!

(Easily put right with a phone call)

Thanks
    Karma Level

When you cancel, they try and get you to say you want to cancel for some other reason than the RPI price increase.

Don't give in - if you cancel for any other reason, then they can charge you the cancellation fee.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just gave them a call and cancelled all 3 lines of mine with no questions asked other than wether i might be interested in continuing if the waivered the fee. The chap i spoke to was even quite nice about........................nice one!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast