Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default HDD locked, can't unlock, won't boot ??? HELP

:oops I mistakingly locked my xbox hard drive using evox and when i re-booted all i got was error 6, i did back the drive up through FTPing before hand some days ago and now im a little stuck ?

I have a 20gig hdd that i could use but how do i go about it, ive read some tutorials but they all say boot using the evox disk but i can't boot owt cos all i get is errors. Is there a way to partition the drive accordingly on a pc and load the software from the pc onto it so at least the ms dash loads. Im also using xecuter 2.3b lite + mod with 4981.06 bios.

Kind Regards,
    Steve.
    Kolobos

"Information is Power - Spread the Power"

skel28

Default Re: HDD locked, can't unlock, won't boot ??? HELP

can you not boot a disk with evo-x on it? the xbox boots the disk before the hard drive and the only time it might give a problem is if the clock is un-set, so if possible leave it plugged till you get it done mate.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

You can still ftp to it, when its locked or unloced. Get a evo disc and boot up ur xbox, stick the evo disc in the drive. Turn off ur xbox and then back on again with the power button. Keep doing this till it boots into evo. Once in u should get an ip ( if u r connected to u pc ) then just ftp ur backup back to ur xbox. Im not sure what error 6 is, so unlesss the hdd is fooked it should work......I have done this to mine before.
    TAR seems to be a decent bloke!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TAR
    You can still ftp to it, when its locked or unloced. Get a evo disc and boot up ur xbox, stick the evo disc in the drive. Turn off ur xbox and then back on again with the power button. Keep doing this till it boots into evo. Once in u should get an ip ( if u r connected to u pc ) then just ftp ur backup back to ur xbox. Im not sure what error 6 is, so unlesss the hdd is fooked it should work......I have done this to mine before.
    I cannot ftp to it now, i don't know if the clock is set and would say the setting is probably lost, i cannot boot evox as i get error 6 because the hdd is locked.

I have a 20gig drive formatted with zero's ready to go in but can i put software on it with the pc and then put in xbox ???

Help needed,

Regards,
    Steve.............
    Kolobos

skel28

Quote Originally Posted by Kolobos
    I cannot ftp to it now, i don't know if the clock is set and would say the setting is probably lost, i cannot boot evox as i get error 6 because the hdd is locked.

I have a 20gig drive formatted with zero's ready to go in but can i put software on it with the pc and then put in xbox ???

Help needed,

Regards,
    Steve.............
    No you cant mate, but if you've got access to another 'enhanced' box you can do it in that.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kolobos - are you saying you have a spare 20GB drive you want to put into the Xbox, but you cant load evox as the HDD in the Xbox at the moment is giving error 6 ? or is th 20gb in the Xbox and giving error 6 ?

If the former then you just stick the blank 20gb HDD in the Xbox and run the slayers installer disk to format/partion it and install evox etc - there is no way to use a PC to prepare an Xbox drive so forget that route.

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fe_man2000
    Kolobos - are you saying you have a spare 20GB drive you want to put into the Xbox, but you cant load evox as the HDD in the Xbox at the moment is giving error 6 ? or is th 20gb in the Xbox and giving error 6 ?

If the former then you just stick the blank 20gb HDD in the Xbox and run the slayers installer disk to format/partion it and install evox etc - there is no way to use a PC to prepare an Xbox drive so forget that route.

Cheers
    Ironman
    THANKS TO EVERYONE :thumbs you have given me more help than team-xecuter.

I did indeed have a spare 20gb hdd that i used as follows:

I read loads of tutorials / posts and used xbox hdd preparer 1.3 which formats the entire drive with Zero's a bit like a low-level format, i then connected it to the xbox with cable select and i had slayers evox installer 2.5 in the dvd drive and Hey Presto !!! it came to life, it took a few goes to sus out the best option because even though it was a larger drive i had to chose install apps to the retail hdd and it all works fine. EXCEPT the original stock hard drive is propper fooked and can't do owt with it

Thanks Again,
    Kolobos.

PS. I couldn't get LINUX loaded it just says installed and takes 2 secs to do but i aint that fussed cos im gonna leave it alone now.....
    Kolobos

Thanks
    Karma Level

Was the original 8gb drive locked using config magic ? If so you can unlock it using a PC and the master password which is TEAMASSEMBLY or TEAM-ASSEMBLY.
    I cannot remember the name of the PC unlocking app at the moment its HDDlck or similar.

Cheers
    Ironman

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by fe_man2000
    Was the original 8gb drive locked using config magic ? If so you can unlock it using a PC and the master password which is TEAMASSEMBLY or TEAM-ASSEMBLY.
    I cannot remember the name of the PC unlocking app at the moment its HDDlck or similar.

Cheers
    Ironman
    It was locked with a version of evox and when i rebooted it was naffed, too late now as i pleaded ignorance at the retailers and i got a whole new xbox which is now all hunky dory.
    Kolobos