Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Ungratefull w@nkers

D-DAY BANDINGS <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=390 border=0><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=* border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD vAlign=center><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>Feb 8 2004

</TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Exclusive By Rupert Hamer

</TD></TR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=390 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3>
    BRITISH war veterans are to be banned from this year's Normandy D-Day landings 60th anniversary tribute - because the French claim they could damage the beaches.
    Elderly ex-soldiers have been told numbers are going to be limited because of "health and safety issues", including possible harm to the environment and problems with disabled access and public toilets. The snub has enraged up to 3,000 veterans preparing to make the emotional trip to the beaches where they fought the Germans to help liberate France in 1944.
    Tory home security spokesman Patrick Mercer, a former army colonel, said: "It's a good job that the French didn't restrict which beaches our men could go on in 1944 because if they had then the French would still be under Nazi rule." Mr Mercer, whose father fought in World War II, added: "If our boys had been worried about such things as health and safety during D-Day, then France would never have been liberated. Some recognition of this from the French would be nice."
    Veterans have been further angered by the insistence that they are only allowed access to the beaches if they wear security passes and photo ID cards. Survivors without a badge will be denied entry to events, the beaches they liberated and even a British march-past due to be attended by the Queen.
    Now officials from the Ministry of Defence have begun their own war of words in a desperate attempt to get the French to change their minds.
    Last night a senior MoD insider said: "The French have gone too far and this will be made clear to them. Many veterans are becoming distressed. To be treated like this on the very beaches they liberated is insulting."
    Veterans from across Britain have spent months preparing for the emotional pilgrimage to the beaches. Because of their age, for many the trip to Northern France could be the last time they stand on the former battlefields to remember fallen comrades.
    They will find out this week how the French have limited numbers and how many places are available.
    The event is also dogged by fears of a possible terrorist strike, as the commemorations will be attended by Tony Blair, French President Jacques Chirac and German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder.
    The source said: "The French are asking for frail and elderly veterans to sort out individual security passes for themselves - that is enough to put off old soldiers in their droves.
    "And the number allowed at some events and areas of the beaches is going to be restricted for what the French describe as health and safety reasons.
    "The feeling in the MoD is that what is being asked of these men by the French is too much and they should be shown a great deal more respect."
    Last night an MoD spokesman said there would be discussions with the French to address the issue of security passes and other restrictions. The talks will will take place in the city of Caen - which was bombed flat by the British as they advanced in 1944.
    Joe Sibun, 84, who landed on Gold Beach in Normandy on D-Day, said: "I think it is just a case of somebody sitting in an office in France who has decided to be bloody awkward.
    "I do not see any good reason for this kind of red tape."
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/c...name_page.html
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Ungratefull w@nkers

There is plenty that I could say on the French and especially about this subject, but one phrase pretty much sums them up...

UNGRATEFUL BA$TARDS
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

its hard to explain how ****ing angry reading that makes me :grr: its absolutely ridiculous, selfish ungrateful *******s :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

:stupid It's a disgrace. :grr:

ABCMan

thats disgusting, if it wasnt for those brave people the bloody frogs would still be eating sourkraut and saying heil

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

disgraceful. a full-scale recreation of the landings may be in order to teach them some respect.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Did you guys know that a lot of French folk objected to the Normandy landings? some of the allied troops were subjected to verbal abuse(And in some cases physical abuse) by locals, the French civilians in coastal areas had been well treated by the Germans and a rapport developed between them, the French belived that the landings would fail, and that the Germans would impose a harsh regime against them.

But coming back to this story, it really is a smack in the face for those veterans, it reminds me of that saying.."Nobody wants you when your old" in this case its true....
    "Windows has been unable to detect a keyboard, press enter to continue"

Thanks
    Karma Level

hahaha nice 1 azz

Thanks
    Karma Level

They should go anyways, it's not like the frogs can befend the beaches on there own now is it?
    Any1 who disagrees should be sent on a day trip to Belson or Auchwitz and learn a little about what those heroes did for us all.
    Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Been to Auschwitz last year.
    I was working in Slovakia and went to Poland for the weekend.
    Thought I should go, just because I was that close to Auschwitz and should see for myself.
    There is one sign just before you go in to the camp in polish, it translates to “we should never forget “
    Neither should they!
    I can sum it up in one word.
    Horrific.
    If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain....... do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton.... and people say she is just a big pair of tit's!!
    David Brent

Thanks
    Karma Level

They have very short memories the French. Afterall the great people of this and other countries did to aid them, they just get 5hit on. :nono

It's another reason for us to hate the frog munching ba5tard's. :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks
    Karma Level

A fecking disgrace, french B@*tards!!

Nik

Thanks
    Karma Level

This country, everything it used to stand for and everyone it used to aid has now gone to 5hit.

ABCMan

pleased to see the lottery is offering to fund the oldsters trips to the 60th anniversary of the landings

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    pleased to see the lottery is offering to fund the oldsters trips to the 60th anniversary of the landings
    Theres a few twats over at nforce who dont see to share our views on this :

http://www.nforce.nl/forum/showthrea...606#post147606
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

4me2... hat off to you....

I cant beleive what a bunch of kn0bs are on that forum... I might have to join just to SPAM these d1cks.......... that Serben needs a slap and a history lesson.... remond him that the BEF retreated to Dunkirk only because thte French and Belgium forces CAPITULATED on either side and they were threatened with being cut off.... our boys had no choice...
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

man i love englands history, (note englands history, not the shit the goverments turned it into now) the french need a clip around the ear if they don't let our old boys on this trip, they did earn it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

It's true!

Mankind will find a way to destroy itself, only I reckon it's gonna be a lot sooner than we think.

As for those french (unts, I'm not even going to bother wasting my energy typing a response.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    At long last it used for a worth while cause...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast