Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default JNC 8676 300W ATX Case With Side Window Front Firewire/Usb/Audio - £15.27inc

This looks like a bargain to me.

This new addition to the JNC range boasts excellent value for money and looks superb with its Black front, silver body and side window. With 4 5.25" bays and floppy drives, it offers lots of space! In addition, this case has front USB, audio and Firewire (1394). With a 300watt psu, it offers everything required to start your build!

Features
    300watt psu
    4x 5.25" bay
    Front USB
    Front Firewire (1394
    Please note-this case does not come with a power cord

Here is the LINK

Its better to burn out than to fade away...............

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: JNC 8676 300W ATX Case With Side Window Front Firewire/Usb/Audio - £15.27inc

not bad matey, have some spare parts lying around might try and build me another, Hmmmmm maybe

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: JNC 8676 300W ATX Case With Side Window Front Firewire/Usb/Audio - £15.27inc

bloody hell, that is an unbelievable price WITH a PSU

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by harryb
    bloody hell, that is an unbelievable price WITH a PSU

A 300w just aint powerfull enough. AMD recomend at least 350, 300 would be ok with one cd/dvd drive and one hd. Put a fast pc in there with all the trimmings and you may have trouble.

Having said that its so cheap, its worth buying and getting a psu as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

actaully 300w is addequate for the avg user,

obviously the more devices you have the more power you need,

also it depends on the quality of the psu and how much each Rail gives out.

ive just bought a 300W Qtechnology PSU (quietpc.com) (no not the cheapy Q-tec gold ones) and its supossed to perform like a 400W.

but i must say the case is great value for money

Thanks
    Karma Level

A 330W PSU was the root of all my problems with games like MOHAA freezing. I did manage to get a 500W PSU from ebuyer for around £30 though and this has solved that particular problem (but then I also have 2 HDDs, 2 CD/DVD/CD-R, a nice chunky CPU cooler, several PCI cards, the GFX card and around six cooling fans, so the extra juice is nice ...)

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep, for psu's the better quality the psu the better power it will give out, so buying a high wattage psu is not always the best way to go

like enermax for example, a 350W Enermax psu will cost you £45, its that much cos its decent power! (if theres such a thing!)

Thanks
    Karma Level

ah .. but it was nice and shiny ... and hasn't failed me yet ...

Thanks
    Karma Level

anybody know of a cheap mobo with 1394 capabilities for this? Been looking at ebuyer but no joy... (but loads of cheapo mobo's out there!)

ahleung

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ah only prob is Shipping Band: *£5.19

Suppose £21.37 is still not bad. Yeah gonna get one

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

It will be 300W peak. I bought a "400W" tower & power supply from ebuyer, I replaced the psu twice (the 1st replacement was a 300W peak power one, fkin crappy ebuyer returns!), the 2nd was the same type of "400W" psu. Constant pc crashes told me that it was a chuck-away.

I bought a seperate psu, a very powerful one - 520W sustainable. Overkill, maybe. But when I change my pc components the psu will always be up to the job.

The case & fan are probably worth the money, be prepared to swap your current psu - especially if it works now & you're not adding anything to your spec.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

hmmm, maybe u guys can help me. My pc keeps randomly turning itself of. It seems to do it when programs are running more often. I know its hardware cos it did it while formatting off the windows cd. And i've narrowed it down to either motherboard, processor, graphics card or PSU. The wierd thing is that when it i use it for the first time after a bit of a gap it'll work for about half hour, then when it dies it'll only work for about 2 seconds, if that. But if you hold in the power switch it'll keep working for aout half hour again. Which to me seems it could be the psu. But i stripped the pc to bare minimum (cd drive, hard drive, graphics card, processor & fan) and it still died. any ideas?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany
    hmmm, maybe u guys can help me. My pc keeps randomly turning itself of. It seems to do it when programs are running more often. I know its hardware cos it did it while formatting off the windows cd. And i've narrowed it down to either motherboard, processor, graphics card or PSU. The wierd thing is that when it i use it for the first time after a bit of a gap it'll work for about half hour, then when it dies it'll only work for about 2 seconds, if that. But if you hold in the power switch it'll keep working for aout half hour again. Which to me seems it could be the psu. But i stripped the pc to bare minimum (cd drive, hard drive, graphics card, processor & fan) and it still died. any ideas?
    u using winxp mate?

if so do this> Right click my computer> advanced tab> startup recovery - settings> system failure> turm off auto restart

see if that works matey!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany
    And i've narrowed it down to either motherboard, processor, graphics card or PSU.
    That ain't too narrow mate.

What does the error report suggest? I'm thinking you've either got bad RAM or you're using a power-guzzling video card.

Thanks
    Karma Level

tell is what your hardware is, i.e. the specifications of the components

and ahleung, just buy a cheap-o motherboard that you like and buy a 1394 expansion card mate!

Thanks
    Karma Level

and ahleung, just buy a cheap-o motherboard that you like and buy a 1394 expansion card mate!

the only problem with that is a 1394 PCI card could cost as much as the motherboard again

Thanks
    Karma Level

but if you cant find a cheap one with 1394 its the cheapest other option
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=16145
    Last edited by harryb; 10th February 2004 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

but if you cant find a cheap one with 1394 its the cheapest other option
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=16145

i was just about to edit my post, m8 - you're quite right - i made the mistake of checking ebuyer for their prices for the cards they had in stock

they do have one but ordered on request: http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=34833

cheers m8 - cause i was considering getting this case for a cheap new system i was planning on building - and i wasn't too sure about the firewire option. Thanks.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Bargain! I bought a power supply (300W) from PC World last week and it cost me 25 quid. I don't usually buy from there but I was in a hurry and couldn't wait for the next comp fair. After buying this I will have a spare supply AND a case that is better than the one I have.

Whoopee. I almost bought two!

So you're the slayer. You're prettier than the last one.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by biggy7
    u using winxp mate?

if so do this> Right click my computer> advanced tab> startup recovery - settings> system failure> turm off auto restart

see if that works matey!
    I dont think that'll work cos most times it doesnt even get past bios

I've got

Leadtek K7NCR18D-Pro Motherboard
    AMD ATHLON XP1800 266Mhz 256Cache CPU
    Gainward Geforce 4 Ti4600 128MB
    2x256MB Crucial DDR 266Mhz
    Dvd
    Cd
    Floppy
    120GB HD
    30GB HD