Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Paintless Dent Removal - Essex

Huy guys, does anyone have any experience of this process on their car. Having got my pristine 3 yr old 206 GTI last week some w*nker has gone and opened their car door into my door and dented/scratched it. I've sorted the scratch with touch-up and t-cut, and although the dent is only small I really want it sorted.

People have talked about dent devils but it looks pricey, has anyone had it done.

Or if anyone is from the essex area and can recommend someone I'd be grateful. Ideally if anyone has a number for a dent devils worker I've heard that if they don't have to put it through the dent devils franchise it can work out cheaper! :whistle

Flipper.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Paintless Dent Removal - Essex

I had a small dent removed from the door of my wife's car by a similar method. It was probably caused by a careless door opening too. I didn't see the operation, but my wife said the guy came round and used a few flat metal pieces down inside the door via the side of the window and with some manipulation got rid of the dent. he normally charged £50, but settled for £30 cash .

And the dent was completely removed.

I am nowhere near Essex.

Q-Buster

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers,

I'm running it down to the Pug Bodyshop on Saturday for a (probably ridiculous) quote. I'll go from there.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to update anyone who's interested in this procedure. Went for the PDR process in the end. The main franchise's will try to charge over £75 per panel.

I went to my local Pug bodyshop who gave me the number of the guy they use - I called him direct and did it for £40 for cash ( :whistle ). He tries to operate a sliding fee based on value of the car.

It's done from behind the panel down from above through the gap by the window. Although be aware that this procedure really is dependent on car/panel access - if my dent had been an inch or two lower I'd have been stuffed as direct access to the correct part of the panel would have been impossible due to the crash bars.

The dent is pushed out and then the panel beat to get a "near" perfect finish - the guy wouldn't guarantee it would be perfect, however I'll be damned if I can see where the dent was now - someone with a better trained eye may be able to spot it but I'm well happy.