Close

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Strange blue light

Something wierd happened 11th Feb 2004 at 22:05, was sat watching TV with girlfriend in apartment in Worcester when we noticed a blue flash in the sky. It was the colour of a welding torch. Also the TV reception went funny for about 2 seconds. I walked out onto my roof terrace and my neighbour from downstairs also walked outside to see what was going on.
    The burglar alarm for the bakery down the road was going off. Called parents who live 3 miles from my place, mum said her lights also flickered at the same time. Now that is strange.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Strange blue light

was it at horizon level or mid sky ?

An electrical outage (at a substation/powergird) would give a blue flash

Cheers
    THE BARON

Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds interesting.
    have you tried doing a google search on this?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Mid sky, just above and past the church down the road from mine. Asked a few people about it today and apparently there lights went dim for a few secs aswell.

Not used google. Have a look for me

Thanks
    Karma Level

mabye wierd lightening attacking power lines

i dont think the bakery alarm going off means much - that is merly a side effect of the power cut.

last time we had a power cut (this little story does have a point) i was doing my old paper round really far up a hill, and looking down at the town with all the lights. all of a sudden exactly half the town just went black.

when they came back on i was on my way home, and i saw it lighting back up again. on my way thorugh the area that was powerless loads of alarms were going off

i assume they go off when power is restored so people cant tamper with the electrical supply to defeat the alarm, as in if you were cuttting through the wire it is likely to kinda flash off, a little spark might fly across as your are cutting it or whateva and that would mabye just be enough make the alarm work for a few seconds just to let folk know that something is up

pretty odd that so many folk saw it - must be a rational explanation though

surely aliens have better things to do than cause 2 second powercuts?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Flash in sky sparks UFO theory

A CITY pensioner is hoping someone can shed light on a gigantic flash across the sky over his house which caused his radio to lose its channels.
    John Reynolds, who lives in St John's with his wife Margaret, said he was stunned by the phenomenon, which happened at around 10pm on Wednesday evening.
    "I was putting milk bottles out for the next morning, and I saw the whole sky light up like a gigantic explosion," said the 63-year-old.
    "I thought it was a bomb because it was so vivid, I've never seen anything like it before.
    "It lit up into a yellow colour like a sheet of lightning, but it was so white that I thought it wasn't lightning.

"When I came back in the house my CD and radio player was going berserk, and we have now lost every channel on the radio."

Mr Reynolds, who works as a printing agent, said he saw a friend the following day who had a similar experience at his St John's home.
    "He was in the shower at 10pm the same night and the water went off for a few seconds," said the father of two.
    "This man's central heating had a clock, which has now gone wrong."

Thunder

Worcester police said they had not had any calls reporting unusual lights over St John's.

Evening News weatherman, Paul Damari said there was no thunder and lightning in the area at the time.
    "no-one has reported anything unusual to me," he said.

Michael Soper, spokesman for Contact International, which collects and analyses data on UFO and crop circle reports, said he had no idea what could have caused the gigantic flash, and did not class the incident as a UFO sighting.

"If there had been several flashes I would have wondered if it was a covert signalling system," he said.

Saturday 14 February 2004
    http://www.thisisworcestershire.co.u...atest16ZM.html

mmm, a covert signalling system!! Who the heck is Michael Soper??
    He's been watching close encounters too much

You heard it here first
    Robbo