Close

Thread: Inetc

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Inetc Inviced £6000 for Bandwidth HELP !!

My M8s just told me a sad story he was sold a Windows server from Netcera he was toldi t was straightforward and no or little knowledge needed adn all ths ites would work blah blah , hmmm.

So he has just been using it to build sites no actually traffic just him ftp and that, seems once he signed up they were not as helpful they just asked for server time and as he is unemplayed at £50 a pop when he was told that yes the sites will work etc... not that php and so on needed to be configured so he ended up paying £50 they set it up and said it was fine.

Then after xmas he got a bill for £50 for bandwidt 60 oiver the 20 he gets included so of course asked why and was told you have got trojans pay us and we will clean it, he had not got the cash and basically left the server alone not relising that that ment a biggar bill yes of £6000 for feb 262 extra gig of bandwidth Of course he demanded that they stop the server now, they demand money be next week or Debt collectors as he has said he cant afford as if any one could.

I know you may be thinking he soid have known but this is proven a expensive listen surley they should have bandwidth capped when they knew they were selling a server to a beginner.

Anyone had same experince or can help him in anyway ?
    Last edited by Mobius; 15th February 2004 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Title incomplete

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Inetc

Err i think you need some legal advice here, the company shouldve stopped the server as soon as he didnt pay the first bill... although it is the users responsibility to make sure that the server is virus-free and in good condition.
    Beginners really shouldnt take out root or dedicated servers, thats what shared hosting is for - Someone else manages the server and its maintanence while the clients just use the hosting space and manage it from a control panel like Plesk, Cpanel, Ensim, Hosting Controller, H-Sphere, etc....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Inetc

Quote Originally Posted by hjf288
    Err i think you need some legal advice here, the company shouldve stopped the server as soon as he didnt pay the first bill... although it is the users responsibility to make sure that the server is virus-free and in good condition.
    Beginners really shouldnt take out root or dedicated servers, thats what shared hosting is for - Someone else manages the server and its maintanence while the clients just use the hosting space and manage it from a control panel like Plesk, Cpanel, Ensim, Hosting Controller, H-Sphere, etc....
    I agree i have posted in the Mark J bit.

He clearly wanted a resellar account but they ahad a promo on so they sold this and convinced him he could handle it, it seems a good way to make money but sell to people who are trying to larn and hit them with hugh bills

Social Networking Bookmarks