Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Why are dentist's so expensive?

On Thursday morning I had a tooth extraction due to an absess and Route Canal on the tooth behind. As you can probably guess, my mouth feels f#cking great at the moment. :thumbs

The bill came to £185 as it was done private. Why is it so expensive does anyone know? Wish I had trained to be a dentist when I left school - big buck's are there to be made. <Take note anyone still at school wondering what to do with your life> :nowords:

If I can post a pic I will, but where I had the extraction the gum has gone a whiteish. The dentist says this is normal and is just bruised and tender. I haven't had a proper meal since Thursday as I am terriffied of touching the damn thing while it heal's. Add to that the missus is away!!

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why are dentist's so expensive?

sorry to hear m8 but bad toothache is fekin terrible ..... whole side of yur face kills , (i can quite honestly say from experiance that the pain from severe toothache is quite comparable to a broken femur !! ) ive had nowt but trouble with 1 tooth goin back to b4 crimbo .

dentist wouldnt take it out cos it was infected , had course of antibiotics , went back and he tried to remove it and smashed it all off above the gumline and refuses to take it out so i still got the roots in me jaw

so im waiting still for a hospital appointment to go under the knife

i feel for u mate

(im still takin ibruprofen 600's .. they cant be that good for yur system after 6 weeks )

Thanks
    Karma Level

Tip of the day, go and see your dentist on a regular basis, that way you keep problems to a minimum.

A lot of people neglect their teeth and end up with a great deal of expense and pain, others do visit the dentist regularly but unfortunatly have weak teeth, i'm one of the fortunate ones that have few problems, i've had six consecutive visits without needing any work, the last work i had done was a crown to replace a tooth that had a large filling(Cost about £180)

I go private because there seems to be no national health dentists in my area, i'm not complaining though, i never have to wait to see the dentist, its straight in for a check-up and it only costs me eight quid, plus he's a very good dentist i've got every confidence in him.

Why are they so expensive? because they are so skilled i suppose, and they have got little or no opposition from NHS dentist..
    "Windows has been unable to detect a keyboard, press enter to continue"

Thanks
    Karma Level

I wish I was back in England for dental work... its ****ing extortion out here in Japan and they are ****ing useless. Japan isn't the place to be if your sick... I think anyone can become a doctor out here...except foreign people... racist ****ers hahahaha.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CON-DIGI
    Tip of the day, go and see your dentist on a regular basis, that way you keep problems to a minimum.

A lot of people neglect their teeth and end up with a great deal of expense and pain, others do visit the dentist regularly but unfortunatly have weak teeth, i'm one of the fortunate ones that have few problems, i've had six consecutive visits without needing any work, the last work i had done was a crown to replace a tooth that had a large filling(Cost about £180)

I go private because there seems to be no national health dentists in my area, i'm not complaining though, i never have to wait to see the dentist, its straight in for a check-up and it only costs me eight quid, plus he's a very good dentist i've got every confidence in him.

Why are they so expensive? because they are so skilled i suppose, and they have got little or no opposition from NHS dentist..
    I have very weak teeth too fella, run's in my family. I go every 6 month's...this problem had not been detected on x-rays or anything. Had a proper meal last night and my mouth today feels like something has died in it and is swollen again.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I had a wisdom tooth out in December, cost me about £40.
    Just registered with a dentist and got it done, wasnt pleasant, was weird eating after, but dont be a soft cu nt!

Thanks
    Karma Level

just to make you feel better, i dated a dentist and asked her how much college/uni they have to go through to be a dentist..and the answer was.....virtually none!

she started as a dental nurse (assistant) when she was 17 and basically sits n watches (and hopefully learns) while sucking saliver out your gob with that tube, she has go goto a college type thing once a week and in about 4 years shes fully qualified!

big money big prizes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob2002
    I had a wisdom tooth out in December, cost me about £40.
    Just registered with a dentist and got it done, wasnt pleasant, was weird eating after, but dont be a soft cu nt!
    Cheeky c@nt, I had Route Canal too!!! Plus infection in my gum.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooed Freak
    Cheeky c@nt, I had Route Canal too!!! Plus infection in my gum.
    i had infection, but they told me to take antibiotics for a week then come back for the tooth out.

Root canal is painful though so I will let you off.

The pain for my tootheache was so bad the night before I had the tooth out, that I ordered a gram of coke and went out and got pissed and high! the pain soon went!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Root canal? whats all this root canal crap? didn't have them when i was a lad! if its giving you trouble get it yanked out yer big soft nancy!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I prefer having teeth mate, I was very reluctant to have the other tooth out. Luckily you can't see it as it is down the back.

F@cking hate dentist's... :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

@ 909

Are you sure she was gonna be a dentist? Not disagreeing but normal dentistry students have to go to uni full time for 4 years and normally need a string of As at A-Level. I don't think I'd trust someone who only went once a week to be honest!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by yankee
    @ 909

Are you sure she was gonna be a dentist? Not disagreeing but normal dentistry students have to go to uni full time for 4 years and normally need a string of As at A-Level. I don't think I'd trust someone who only went once a week to be honest!
    Dentist I have now has 20 years expertise and tries to do everything slowly. Cheeky s0d is charging by the hour, must be raking it in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i'm sueing my dentist, for fooking up my wifes teeth. Spent over £600 with currnet dentist till he messed up then ended up spending another £1200 putting it right again with another dentist. Went and saw a lawyer and he said we had an excellent case and we could get anything up to £10,000 in compensation but it could take up to 2 years to get it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zabir
    i'm sueing my dentist, for fooking up my wifes teeth. Spent over £600 with currnet dentist till he messed up then ended up spending another £1200 putting it right again with another dentist. Went and saw a lawyer and he said we had an excellent case and we could get anything up to £10,000 in compensation but it could take up to 2 years to get it.
    Wow, what did he do to them m8? Sound's pretty serious...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Stuffy sod! i wish someone would fook my wifes teeth up, i'm sick of her nagging all the fooking time! :annoyed: :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

the misses went in for a routine filling and they f'ed it up so bad she went in 3 times after that to get it put right and they f'ed it up even more.

Thanks
    Karma Level

the misses went in for a routine filling and they f'ed it up so bad she went in 3 times after that to get it put right and they f'ed it up even more.
    Should have refused to pay for further treatment on the same tooth. My dentist has guaranteed my work for 12 month's. If I have problem's with the same tooth\area again I will only pay for he consultation - £45.

Thanks
    Karma Level

when i was in my last few weeks of secondary i was practicing with mates for a teachers student cricket match and got whacked full pelt in the gob by the batsman.. accident of course.. but that was a right *******... My bottom lip was impalled on my bottom front row of teeth and those teeth were still in the gum but were horizontal instead of vertical!
    I pulled my lip off my teeth and then walked to the hospital (2 min walk from the school luckily). After a year of having my teeth realigned etc etc everything was fine until my gum started leaking puss. went through 3 months of having the roots removed, xrays etc and 180 quid on top of that. And after trying to save the bad tooth (after finding the bugger) it died and had to have it pulled anyway. so now i got a nice gap on my bottom row.
    Funny end of it all is the week i had my tooth pulled was my birthday and on my birthday i got a bit over excited bit this girls arse and broke off my cap on the front top teeth (another victim of the cricket bat) and the next day I was meeting my girlfriends parents for the first time, looking like a crack head rogue.

Ha ha oh well hey peeps if ur gonna go private join HSA get half of your fees back...
    Meh....

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spike2k1
    when i was in my last few weeks of secondary i was practicing with mates for a teachers student cricket match and got whacked full pelt in the gob by the batsman.. accident of course.. but that was a right *******... My bottom lip was impalled on my bottom front row of teeth and those teeth were still in the gum but were horizontal instead of vertical!
    I pulled my lip off my teeth and then walked to the hospital (2 min walk from the school luckily). After a year of having my teeth realigned etc etc everything was fine until my gum started leaking puss. went through 3 months of having the roots removed, xrays etc and 180 quid on top of that. And after trying to save the bad tooth (after finding the bugger) it died and had to have it pulled anyway. so now i got a nice gap on my bottom row.
    Funny end of it all is the week i had my tooth pulled was my birthday and on my birthday i got a bit over excited bit this girls arse and broke off my cap on the front top teeth (another victim of the cricket bat) and the next day I was meeting my girlfriends parents for the first time, looking like a crack head rogue.

Ha ha oh well hey peeps if ur gonna go private join HSA get half of your fees back...

Quality story m8, all be it a bit gruesome. I have just applied to join HSA but I had the work done in an emergency, any future work will go through them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast