Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Cannabis protest - good idea or not?

It seems all angles have been covered on this thread except one.... Smoking?

Smoking is under attack from all angles... and basically is getting more and more socially un-exceptable. There is no-way that you going to get any support these days for legalising anything that involves smoking.
    Ok, smoking a weed may not be as bad as having a fag but anything that involves filling your lungs full of smoke cannot be good in the long term? I cannot understand why the smoking thing is dropped and a campain is pushed for legalising the weed in oral form?

I remember a couple of years ago, MS suffer's were fighting for the right to smoke the weed (for medical benificial reason). After a period of campaining the goverment finally announced the trials of canabis in pill form! (That shut them up). I dunno what happened but as soon as they realised that they weren't going to win the right to legally smoke a joint the campain suddenly fell very silent!

Do you really think it is possible to get another form of smoking legalised and increase the choice of smoke sticks to...low tar, medium tar, high tar and pass the munchies...tar ????

It seems to me that the fight to legalise canabis is all about image and nothing to do with the actual drug itself? After all - if it was really about the drug itself surely you would make a better case for the "safe high" if 10 million people turned up in London eating those "special" cookies.

Somehow it doesn't fit in with the average "Student Grant" image does it?

Thanks
    Karma Level

People enjoy the affects of the drug and so if they are going to have it they will want to in the way they find most comfortable, which seems to be smoking it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

well it is the most convinent.

you buy it in its bud form.
    when breaking it up into a joint and smoking it, you are actually getting stoned within minutes of deciding to have a joint.

Now in whatever form you have it via swallowing it, whether it be cakes, butter, truffles, tablets whatever, it can take a few hours to work.
    Plus the time it takes to make the bloody cake.

Its just so much more convenient to break up a bid of bud into a rizla and smoke the fooking thing. Its not so we look cool! Yeh I look really cool at home on my own when I get in from work and have a spliff, its just for the image! :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123