Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Thought Shower...

Boss came up to me today and said:

"Are you free on Thursday at 2pm to meet for a Thought Shower regarding a new project?"

After laughing my tree off i realised that it was a serious offer. Turns out that our old friend Political Correctness has outlawed the term Brainstorm, as it is suddenly offensive to people with epilepsy. Apparently it is a term used to describe what happens to the brain during a fit.

Now without any disrespect to anyone, i have never heard it used in that context before, and find it ridiculous that we are changing the name of something for pc's sake once again.

Thought Shower doesnt even mean anything, at least Brain Storm, as in to stir up ideas etc, makes some kind of sense. Where will it all end?

My response to the offer was:

"I'll bring my cap!"

Rexmonster...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Thought Shower...

lol

yeah, im not racist but ive heard that in some areas youre not allowed to use the phrase black coffee because its offensive- its coffee without milk.
    also youre not allowed to use the phrase taking the micky because its offensive to the irish

where will it end? **** knows
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

aswell as the black board has now beocome a chalk board, also in my sisters nursery the old rhyme bah bah black sheep, now has to be followed by bah bah white sheep ...seriously!
    FC United Of Manchester

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/madmoose2/ourbanner.jpg[/IMG]

LOVE United - HATE Glazer

[url]www.fc-utd.co.uk[/url]

Thanks
    Karma Level

B0llox to all that - it causes more problems than it fixes as it draws attention to the racism aspect, we are all the same, deal with it !

Thanks
    Karma Level

aswell as the black board has now beocome a chalk board, also in my sisters nursery the old rhyme bah bah black sheep, now has to be followed by bah bah white sheep ...seriously!
    <font color=blue>
    doesnt that kinda defeat the point of the ryme since it is about a black sheep, and odd one out? i heard about some places singing bah bah sheep sheep with sounds even stupider

also read in stupid white men that if a school gave any form of anything to a feminist group, as in paper or a classroom for them to use at lunchtime or whatever, then they would have to give the same resourses to a male chauvinist group, PC totally raping itself in the ass tbh.

i am normally a fan of equality (who isnt these days) but most of this shit is more offensive than just saying the normal words?

i dont know any black people who are offended by blackboards or black coffee or black sheep.

my cat is called ginger - mabye i should rename him to avoid offending <strike>ging</strike>... red haired people.

anyway thats my stuff - i am using blue writing as to avoid offending people. if we discover any blue creatures on other planets at any point in the future can a mod edit this post to make it correct? thanks

TwoSheds
    </font>
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

More stupid rules made up by stupid people who don`t live in the real world with the rest of us, and have to much spare time on their hands.........!
    "God is a comedian, playing to an audience who are too afraid to laugh...."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSheds
    <font color=blue>
    if we discover any blue creatures on other planets at any point in the future can a mod edit this post to make it correct? thanks

TwoSheds
    </font>
    Do Smurfs count?? :nowords:

Thanks
    Karma Level

shit you're right (sorry to anyone with a small head - that apostrephe was gramatical and nothing else)

damn - sorry smurfs. surely we can settle out of court? 10 grand each sound ok for you?
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Don't give smurfs anything, dirty little b@stards. Give them an inch and they take the pizz

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hahahaha Nice one robbo :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo
    Don't give smurfs anything, dirty little b@stards. Give them an inch and they take the pizz
    LOL!!! :thumbs
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just this morning i was in the local shop buying a cheese roll when the woman asked me if i wanted it on "white or brown"....

I was so disgusted by her blatant racial slur on a harmless roll, that I left in disgust (after buying chips as well)

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wonkyfox
    More stupid rules made up by stupid people who don`t live in the real world with the rest of us, and have to much spare time on their hands.........!
    Have to agree 100% - just like the new ruling on bananas that can't be bendy! what sad (unt thought that up!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Isn't 'thought shower' offensive to people who suffer from tourrettes syndrome?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nice one Mr James,

I will wind my boss up tomorrow and tell her it cant be called a thought shower as that is offensive to people with Tourettes, see what she says...

Rexmonster...

Thanks
    Karma Level

The term "Thought Shower" has been around for a while now. I still use Brainstorm as I was taught that in school by a lovely looking English Literature teacher. :thumbs

We have a Gay and Lezza society at work, but they have now merged with the Multi-Cultural Society. It's a free pi55 up if you think you are different and don't mind being eyed up by the f@g's all night. :annoyed:

I am still hoping that the straight white person club will be formed so we can have an excuse for a free pi55 up once a week.

But get this - people can't complain about my tattoo's at work (I cover them anyway) as a member of HR said it is discriminating against my culture!! :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol, have a go at forming that club, see how far you get. my guess would be it would get as far as putting up a notice saying you were forming it before you got done
    "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking." - Alfred Korzybski

"Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" - Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Karma Level

Which would in effect be 'discrimination against people who believe political correctness is a load of bull?'

Although to be fair you are absolutely right Maverick, it would never be allowed to happen.

You can set up as many radio stations as you like which focus on playing music by artists from black/asian backgrounds and that would be fine, but try to set up 'white fm', a station devoted to popular scandanavian artists such as Abba and A-Ha (a joke, before anybody gets upset), and you are tarnished with the same brush as Hitler.

Rexmonster...