Close

Thread: Hols

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Hols

I'm looking to go away in the beginning of May with my missus to be and am looking for recomendations.

Am looking for somewhere in Greece idealy but will consider anywhere as long as it's quiet and relaxing (Don't want any piss head resorts)

Budget is £300-£350 each.

Cheers for any help

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Hols

try gran canaria m8 was out their last year theres piss heads in the south of the island but if you look further up north its great hope this helps and it fits in with your budget

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have been to crete, as this is part of Greece, but dont recommend it looks like the US have hit it with airstrikes. I went last October b****y awful place.
    Hope this helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Might be above your price range but a quiet greek island is Santorini - it's a beautiful small island - we went last year (2003). When you see photos/paintings of little white greek houses built in cliffs it's normally Santorini.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cheers Flipper. Hope your right.

Have just booked for may for 1 week self catering. £250 each. Not bad really.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ooh f*ck, too much responsibility!! - hope you enjoy it.

Which resort you in?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Kamari.

I have read some good reveiws of the place and it looks quiet. Can't wait now i need a holiday

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Santorini is nice (so I heard) my mum & dad went there last year. They bought back some cracking photos. The island is like a big crescent if I remember rightly, and it did look very very nice indeed. I was thinking about saying Kefalonia but thats cos I forgot about Santorini. They went in May too, the weather was superb. Hire a car.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cool we were in Kamari, it's really nice - lots of restaurants/bars along the beach (+ a couple of clubs) but all very quiet / not rowdy.

Some really nice places to eat, be careful of the fish restaurants where the fish is sold by weight (there's one or two along the beach) as you can easily get stung for a big bill. Lot's of places do special pre-set meals for two where you get your meal some wine etc etc, food is very keenly priced with lots of competition.

Visit the ruins at ancient thira at the top of the hill/mountain above Kamari. I walked up and back and it was real hard work (it was >35C when we were there) so it's amazing when you get to the top to find an old ancient "city".

Make sure you visit Oia (pronounced Eee-ah) for the sunset - it's pretty amazing.

We hired a car for a day and you can drive round the whole island easily, we also visited the ruins at Akrotiri and although interesting, there was less there than I imagined there'd be.

If you've got any other questions about the place feel free to ask - hopefully a good bonus in the next couple of weeks means we can have a couple more weeks there later this year.