Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Liverpool FC - wtf.

Last night just topped off a season i see as a complete joke.

OK, it may have been a bad decision by the ref to red card, and give a penalty. (perhaps red card was appropriate)

My use of the word joke is just to simply state that Gerrard Houllier has clearly lost the plot - and when he has made crap decisions and calls, he is so quick to pass the buck these days. How comes not once for any of these f**k ups this season he has actually said he was at fault?

OK Hesky scored - but why wasnt Baros starting?

Owen was Gash again, and as soon as they scored he thought-- ooops, time for a sharp exit - aaaarch, oooww, eeeehh, aaagony....my hamstring.

Wanker.

Liverpool WILL NOT qualify for Champions league, Houllier will come up with scome CRAP excuse, Owen will still be at Anfield cos the rest of the clubs in the world are starting to see him for how AVERAGE he really is at Liverpool - and after all that we will have to sit and go through the lot again next season.........probably being over taken by Aston Villa or whoever else next gets some amazing buy out happen to them.

Average Average Liverpool - wake up.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Liverpool FC - wtf.

I know exactly what your saying m8. We were told that last season was a "write-off" , and to expect good things this season. Well it seems that this season is a write off too now.

Is it just me or do we only have one winger in the whole SQUAD; Harry Kewell.
    There are no others - may be you can count Diouf but he was bought as a striker, and he is deffo out of favour atm anyway. Gerrard, Hamann, Murphy, Cheyrou, Smicer, Diao, Le Tallec, Welsh, (Biscan?) - they are all naturally central players. GH always used to talk about our excellent squad, but it cant be that good with only 1 or 2 wide players all together. Also, Kewell is not neccessarily a natural winger and often drifts into the middle.
    Our defence also looks shakey now too. Hyypia is still good enough IMO- but he needs someone who is quick and at least as good defensivley next to him. Biscan aint.

Looking at the positives of last night though- Riise was OK compared to his usual crap displays, hope he can step up a gear and get back to his best. Heskey played fairly well and got his 1st goal since Jan. Owen had a much better game than usual and actually looked a threat in the 1st half.

I think you are being too harsh on Owen with your injury comment m8, he was really going for it and chasing down there players a lot. I cant help but feel that his hamstrings are in such bad condition now that whenver he really 'goes for it' and tries his hardest he usually does damage to them.
    This aint Owens fault though. Do you remember how everytime Owen gets injured, he is always thrown back into 1st team action to quickly? he NEVER plays in the reserves first, he just gets chucked back into the first team, then when he is lacking sharpness due to being brought back too soon (think back to the Villa game) he gets slated by some.

One thing for sure though, we wont by challenging for the EPL next year either. Cisse will be a good buy, but 2 or 3 good players wont be enough to make us a title winning players.

Thanks
    Karma Level

First half you completely outplayed them. Heskey was quality I thought, best I've seen him in ages. Biscan fooked yer game plan up (stating the obvious) but I really couldn't see Marseille getting back in the game shortly before the penalty, which should never have been given

To put how bad Houllier is as a manager in perspective, he has spent 80million net in transfers, meanwhile Wenger has spent 20million net
    Last edited by Snotty; 26th March 2004 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G
    As for snotty he will bring his ban up like he's a martyr now. I hope your aware of the beast you've probably created gunner.

Thanks
    Karma Level

yep - I agree completely.....

my view of Houllier, is that he isnt necessarily a manager - he is more of a ground layer, and organiser....for france, he organised and set the stones for thier sucess, he also came and did the same for Liverpool - but he has proven that once he has set the solid stones for success in motion he does not no where to go next.

Time for a change - but im my eyes, GH will still remain at Anfield next season for another "write off"

Sell - Owen, Heskey, Diao, Biscan, Smicer, Henchoz, Traore, Vignal

Leave - Riise, Cheyrou, Diouf, LeTallac, Pongolle as they WILL prove their worth in years to come.

Bring in - Cisse, another striker (beattie?), centre back, winger, winger, full back, full back....

when you look at the players we potentially need to bring in before we have a decent shot - we aint going to be getting them in one close season. so until another 12 years passes us by - enjoy the premiership Arsenal (cos man utd are still shitter then us )

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont get all the fuss being made about this Cisse guy. The poor bloke is gonna have so much pressure and expectation on his shoulders for next season that he may well buckle under the pressure. No offence but also if he really is the 'dogs bollocks' then why arent the likes of Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Nottm Forest etc tryin to sign him?!! To be fair tho, no matter how bad he is dont think he can be any worse than Heskey. Agree that your manager has lost the plot tho.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I actually agree with Snooty . We have wasted far too much money on potential, and not enough on the finished article. We now have a squad full of dead wood that is never going to win anything. We are lucky to be 4th in the Prem, and if it was not for the legend that is Stevie G, we would lucky to be in the top half.

I think that Cissie will actually be one of the few plyers that will actually make an inpact at LFC. In the mean time, we need to have a clear out.
    Sell: Traore, Biscan, Smicer, Diao, Heskey Straight away, they are not good enough ATM, and probably never willl be.

Basically we have a half decent team (half our team are decent), and we need to build around the good players, and bring in proven quality to compliment them (Smith, Rivaldo, Der Vaart, Stam, etc).

Of our currant team this is who IMO is of a quality worth keeping:
    Owen - Just needs to be playing in a good team.
    Kewell - Joint top scorer in a team playing crap.
    Baros - Direct, promising striker.
    Gerrard - Unreplaceable.
    Hyppia - Solid, reliable.
    Carragher - Versitile and reliable.
    Riise - Quality

There are others that will require some more time to settle and are still young (Diouf, Le Tallec, Pongolle, Vignal) but we need quailty and we need it this summer.
    Liverpool FC - Pride of Merseyside
    Attention - Use Ebay? - Support DF and use this link when buying/selling/signing up:
    The Digital Forums / Ebay Affiliate Link

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by webslinger2k
    Sell - Owen, Heskey, Diao, Biscan, Smicer, Henchoz, Traore, Vignal

Leave - Riise, Cheyrou, Diouf, LeTallac, Pongolle as they WILL prove their worth in years to come.

Bring in - Cisse, another striker (beattie?), centre back, winger, winger, full back, full back....
    I dont really agree with that m8, I think we should keep Owen and Henchoz, get shut of Cheyrou, Biscan, Smicer, Diao and maybe Diouf. And bring in some quality players for a change.

I too totally agree with Snotty (first time for everything )

I think that there is a LOT of hard wotk to be done at Liverpool and I don't think Houllier is up to the job as Manager.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner
    Sell: Traore, Biscan, Smicer, Diao, Heskey Straight away, they are not good enough ATM, and probably never willl be.

Kewell - Joint top scorer in a team playing crap.
    Baros - Direct, promising striker.
    Gerrard - Unreplaceable.
    Hyppia - Solid, reliable.
    Carragher - Versitile and reliable.
    Riise - Quality
    Top post mate, particularly like your assessment of our squad and who should be sold. I agree that we should keep Owen and henchoz.
    I would argue though that Traore should stay. We would only get ~£500K for him and I think we might as well keep him and see if he 'does a Toure' and comes good.
    Smicer possibly worth keeping for backup unless we bring in 3 or 4 quality midfielders (wingers, not central!). We would get nothing for Smicer anyway.
    I also dont understand the calls for Smith and Beattie etc. If we sell Heskey we still have: Owen, Cisse, Baros, Flo, Le Tallec and plenty of players who can play there if needed (Kewell). Beattie & smith are definatley no better than Owen/Cisse/Baros so would only be 4th choice, and Flo is good enough for that.
    Owen, Kewell, Baros, Gerrard, Hyypia, Carra, Riise (assuming his form returns), Cisse as well soon; is a good core for the team- we need to build around these players. The rest are only there to get the numbers up, they arent good enough for the first team.

Thanks
    Karma Level

sing along now everbody L I V E R P OO MMMMMMM
    LIVERPOO FC PROPER CRAP
    STOP LIVING IN THE EIGHTIES AND GET REAL OWEN IS GOIN AND GERRARD WILL FOLLOW

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi28
    LIVERPOO FC PROPER CRAP
    Who is livig in the eighties, no-one mentioned the past.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by wiggi28
    LIVERPOO FC PROPER CRAP
    stop shouting you moron.

nobody is mentioning the past, we are all (every single one of us) in this thread talking about the FUTURE.

plus, if you want us to go on about the past, we can tell you how we have won the most European cups ever, and numberous other records. Shall we?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by webslinger2k
    plus, if you want us to go on about the past, we can tell you how we have won the most European cups ever, and numberous other records. Shall we?

Please don't m8 however if Gerrard is going can you send him over to our place ................................

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by redarmy
    if Gerrard is going can you send him over to our place ................................
    :O :O

he he - we all know that Gerrard would rather go on the dole then play for Utd !!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner

I disagree a good striker doesnt need to be in a good team to show his class.
    A good striker should be able to put a penalty away easily.

Have you been on the shandies wiggi ??
    Last edited by DB; 30th March 2004 at 01:31 PM.
    SUNDERLAND AFC - THE NORTH EASTS ONLY PREMIERSHIP TEAM