Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default EASTENDERS ALFIE & KAT: IT'S ALL OVER

EASTENDERS ALFIE & KAT: IT'S ALL OVER
    Apr 11 2004

Exclusive By Emma Cox, Tv Correspondent

KAT and Alfie Moon are to split up just five months after their wedding in a sensational EastEnders storyline.
    The pair - recently voted the most popular couple in any soap - will have a huge bust-up. Kat will dump Alfie in a rage and viewers will be left wondering whether the marriage can be saved.
    A heartbroken Alfie (Shane Richie) tries to patch things up with Kat (Jessie Wallace) but she is too upset to listen.
    EastEnders has been regularly beaten by ITV1's Coronation Street in the ratings battle over recent months, and failed to receive a BAFTA nomination for the first time this year, so the plot is just one salvo in a new battle to win back viewers.
    An insider on the soap said: "Kat has always been very volatile and sparks flew during the early days of her relationship with Alfie.
    "They've been going through a real honeymoon period lately though, and have been completely loved-up. But bosses didn't want the relationship to get stale and boring as they know that Kat and Alfie are two of the soap's most popular characters.
    "The bust-up is sure to keep viewers tuning in to find out whether or not they get back together - which is exactly what bosses hope."
    The fight will come after a build-up of big storylines surrounding the couple that started earlier this month.
    Kat's ex-fiance and gangland boss Andy Hunter is determined to get revenge after she jilted him at the altar and left him for Alfie. Knowing the couple have money troubles, Andy has loaned cash to Alfie but is now demanding it back.
    And he has also offered Kat £10,000 for regular sex in an Indecent Proposal-style plot.
    Kat and Alfie's split is unlikely to thrill Shane Richie, however. The actor - who turned 40 last month - is rumoured to have begged scriptwriters not to split the pair up.
    The insider said: "Shane knows that Kat and Alfie are a great partnership. I imagine he'll be pretty furious if they don't get back together."
    But Shane hinted that he knew about the split in an interview last December. He said Kat and Alfie's marriage had "not a hope in hell", adding: "We know what's in the storyline next year and it's major."
    Kat and Alfie's wedding was seen by 14million viewers on Christmas Day - second only to Only Fools And Horses in the festive ratings.
    The split scenes are due to be screened next month. An EastEnders spokeswoman said: "We never comment on storylines."

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/n...name_page.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: EASTENDERS ALFIE & KAT: IT'S ALL OVER

pessimistically, I gave them a year.....ah well

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: EASTENDERS ALFIE & KAT: IT'S ALL OVER

awww they were a lovely couple

i mean i dont watch soaps