Close

Thread: Torrents?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Torrents?

suprnova has some good torrents but I can't find any where else with them. I need classic games like nfl2k2 which I've lost my originals of but can't find the torrents. Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Torrents?

Am I right in assuming your asking for the where abouts of copied licenced software? Tut tut, I'm sure that's not allowed.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Torrent links have been okayed on here many times m8.

Hes not asking for illegal software, hes asking for the location of a file that contains a hash of an illegal file.

http://www.litezone.com/ has links to pretty much every torrent site, the type of stuff your asking for will probabl only be sourced by requesting on a few forum based ones though.
    Another MadManc Login - Knob Jockey

Thanks
    Karma Level

I still think there's a fine line between asking for a link for a torrent and a link for the actual file. Still if its allowed, its allowed.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by phlix
    I still think there's a fine line between asking for a link for a torrent and a link for the actual file. Still if its allowed, its allowed.
    the fine line is what makes it ok.. we are only posting torrents.. which on their own are perfectly legal, they contain no illegal info or data or copyrighted goods.

Digital-Forums.com takes absolutely no responsability for what you do with said torrent once u get it, but as for posting it, its totally legal. why do u think the likes of suprnova.org are still going, they serve millions of torrents daily.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I was admitting I was wrong, if there's nothing wrong with torents ..... cool!!!

Out of curiosity, if torents are allowed, then why are direct links not? All you're posting with a link is HTML (which on their own are perfectly legal, they contain no illegal info or data or copyrighted goods).
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

links could get the board in trouble. torrents cant.. its just the way it is. warez are illegal, and so we dissallow directly linking them from this board. torrents are not, so we do allow it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, cheers.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

Am I right in assuming your asking for the where abouts of copied licenced software? Tut tut, I'm sure that's not allowed.
    the fine line is what makes it ok.. we are only posting torrents.. which on their own are perfectly legal, they contain no illegal info or data or copyrighted goods.
    Thank you Marcode, f**kin annoys me when wannabe mods go around telling people how to act when they aren't sure of the rules themselves, if there is a problem with a post I rely on a mod to sort it.

Oh and thanks Most Wanted as well. :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thank you Marcode, f**kin annoys me when wannabe mods go around telling people how to act when they aren't sure of the rules themselves, if there is a problem with a post I rely on a mod to sort it.
    I agree Porthos, its almost as annoying as people who develop childish vendettas against other people and send them inane, grammatically poor and marginally insulting (more so to the English Language than the receiver) private messages.

The reason I didn't know torrents were allowed is because, unlike some people, I don't have a problem with paying for what I own/use, so therefore have no use for them.
    -=+PhliX+=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

lol you were so eager to carry on a 'vendetta' that you jumped my thread to tell me off for a rule that does not exist! Haha, if you can't see the hypocrisy in that then you're not worth talking to.

The reason I didn't know torrents were allowed is because, unlike some people, I don't have a problem with paying for what I own/use, so therefore have no use for them.
    Ok great, well done mate, that is superb. By admitting you didn't know they were allowed you don't do yourself much favours in justifying why you tried to claim they weren't. You make me laugh though, which is nice.

Thanks
    Karma Level

stfu the pair of u. closed.