Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default A couple of newbie questions

Hi guys,
    Hope someone out there can help. I have just fitted a Xecuter 2.3 Lite plus (Yeah I know solderings better, don't start!) and flashed it with the 4981 BIOS onto bank 1 (Bank 2 still has cromwell). When I boot up I get the flubber screen with Xecuter2 at the bottom of the screen and it then loads the standard dash (I haven't installed Evox yet, I'll explain later)

However sometimes when I boot up, it will switch on and off three times and then flash red and green (FRAG). If I then switch the chip off and boot up it will prompt me to set the clock, and then boot into the dash.
    After that it will sometimes allow me to reenable the chip and boot up, sometime it won't.
    Any ideas why? The chip is definitely aligned properly because I can see the blue lights on the chip when it's enabled and the blue and green lights when it's disabled. Could it be a bad flash perhaps?

And now for my other problem! Basically I can't FTP to/from my XBOX, and therefore can't install any apps and stuff.
    I can boot off my Evox disk, go into settings and check the IP settings. I have put my laptop on an IP address in the same range but FlashFXP keeps timing out when trying to connect. The xbox address is 192.168.0.2 and my pc is 192.168.0.3. In the settings, it says FTP=yes, password=xbox.
    I'm using username and password of xbox for both, and the ftp port is set to 21.
    I have tried connecting directly with a crossover cable, the pc recognises that something is connected but receives no packets. If I try with my mini hub both sockets light up for the PC and xbox.
    Also the XBOX displays :- IP- 0.0.0.0 on the front Evox screen.

Hopefully there is enough info in there for someone to help. (I hope!)
    Thanks.

Mike.

skel28

Default Re: A couple of newbie questions

ok if evox says your ip address is 0.0.0.0 then it is, the fact that the settings say it's set to 192.168.0.2 mean nothing if it's not set to static ip. it sounds to me like it's not on static ip mate so it's trying to get a dhcp address and your pc is not allocating it one, can you check that possibility?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by funkyg
    The chip is definitely aligned properly because I can see the blue lights on the chip when it's enabled and the blue and green lights when it's disabled. Could it be a bad flash perhaps?
    Even if d0 isn't connected the blue lights on the chip will still turn on, sounds like it isn't connected securely.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeah your xbox shouldnt be having problems when the chip is on unless there is a problem with its connections

and for the FTP, i had major problems when all of this first came about (long ago ) and what i can say is that you should make sure the IP is static but usually the PC is 192.168.0.1 ... maybe take a look at this,

Thanks
    Karma Level

Red & green deffo sounds like a connection problem. Blue lights only indicate the chip is receiving power.
    Check connections first.
    "Friendly fire will not be tolerated"

Thanks
    Karma Level

Cool! I'm working now. After loads of testing last night it seesm like the chip came out of alignment when screwing the case back together. I've now got the top on with just the two middle screws in.
    If in the future I wanted to solder it in, could I use the pads on the top of the chip to use as solder points?

And the FTP things works as well now. Even though I had specified an IP address, I hadn't set it to static=yes in the .ini file. as suggested.

Thanks for all your help.