Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Why did you buy what you did?

I'd be interested to here the reasons why people finally decided on the camera they got, there's so many to choose from it's really tough.

I chose my A80 as it takes AA batteries, can be set to take photos almost instantly, has manual controls and yet is still quite compact.

This website really sold it to me...

http://www.geocities.com/albertyang/

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Why did you buy what you did?

I bought my Olympus for more or less same reasons as you ma8.
    One it was cheap, two - it takes aa batteries which seem to last quite a long time comparing to other cameras i know of. (Mates cameras)

and three it is water proof in which is good too because i have used it at alton towers and drayton manor, so taking it on water rides etc i did not have to worry of it getting damaged.

nik

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I am use to using SLR's and I wanted as much flexibility from a digicam. Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Automatic exposure and good zoom. I take mainly family snaps at functions but I have always loved taking wildlife photo's. The HP 850 fits my bill, 4meg with 8x optical zoom - it's bulky but worth it, I love it and it gives me the best photo's I have ever taken.

Pete

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought a sony cyber-shot dsc-p72 a few weeks ago now.....minted :thumbs
    It is very easy to use and price wise good too...3.2 mp and takes mpeg clips too
    pic's are crystal clear and well worth the money.....bought extra memory as dont think the
    memory u get with digi cam's is enough.....
    reason I choose this camera was because 2die4 suggested this one...good choice m8
    Also uses aa batteries and small n compact....
    Last edited by toto67; 6th June 2004 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I've got a Nikon Coolpix 3100. Cost me over £200 when i bought it. is 3MP with 3x optical zoom.

I bought this camera mainly because of the make and it does everything i need it for. I shoot most pics at 2MP meaning i can get 180 pics on my 128MB card. It's very compact and easy to use.

Would recommend it to anyone

Thanks
    Karma Level

i got a fuji 2600 zoom, mainly cos its pretty cheap (arround 100 quid) and i was chuffed with my previous fuji that was basically the same with lower specs.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought the Konica Minolta Z2 camera because the reviews for the Z1 were really good, I'd had a look at loads of camera review sites and it was really good.

THe 10x optical zoom, 9 pictures a second burst mode, quick start (just over a second), the quick picture taking (coupled with the memory card I got; Viking Interworks 512MB ) means i can roll off pictures with a max time of 2 seconds inbetween.

The Z2 and Z1 have been rated as good as digital SLR's due to thier auto and manual functions. I looked over this site mostly, http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/z2.html
    Cos it was quite in depth.

I ended up getting the camera for 229 from 7dayshop.com which from a RRP of 349 aint to bad so i bought a 512 card aswell from them to give me a good piece of kit for below the RRP price. (it was only 80quid for the SD card)

Just looked on 7dayshop and the price on the camera has dropped to 219 now...

Well im really chuffed with the quality and build of the pictures and the camera itself... 10 out of 10!!

:thumbs
    Last edited by Spike2k1; 7th June 2004 at 12:02 PM.
    Meh....

Termy

I have the Olympus C220-Zoom, its 2MP. It was pretty cheap when I bought it. It only uses x2 AA batteries (rechargeable) and lasts ages.

The picture quality is crystal clear for a 2MP. I am very happy with it.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought a sony p12 as I got it in a bundle with a 128mb card.

Cool 5mp camera and easy to use.

oE.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I bought mine at xmas, (kodak cx6200) basically because i wanted one, but like most things i get, wasn't sure how much i'd use it.

I sort of have this policy where if i want something, i buy one of the cheapest versions, and if i've used it after a few weeks, i get a nice expensive version...so far thats worked for me for most things i buy.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, cheap as chips, and i was bored in tesco one day.

Gonna upgrade over the summer. something like 4Mp, and small....no other specs needed

Thanks
    Karma Level

I use a Sony Cybershot U-20 because it's tiny but still has a colour screen on it - its great for parties and it cost me nothing

I found it when I was walking to the bus stop and have used it basically every weekend now with the rechargeables that were in it and the 64mb mem stick lol

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i got myself a minolta dimage 5 a couple of years ago and still use it today it's as close to a 35mm SLR (digitaly )as i can get without the expense of a digital SLR at the time
    the piccy's are excellent when you get it right but can be a bit temprimental at times
    overall it's an excellent camera which can be fully auto or fully manual so there's plenty to go at

i think the next camera is gonna be a cannon 300d because my normal camera is canon and my lenses etc.. will fit

Thanks
    Karma Level

I just bought the HP R707, simple because the in built red eye removal tool is amazing!! printed over 20 pics without any redeye...What a camera!

Social Networking Bookmarks