Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question Passport-size photos

Hi. This might sound a bit ridiculous but I need to print multiple passport-size photos onto one sheet. I have my image, I know the dimensions required and I am using Adobe Photoshop. The problem is I can't duplicate the image after I've cropped and positioned etc. Anyone any ideas? Cheers
    Sleeping with pr0stitutes is like making your cat dance with you on its hind legs. You know it's wrong, but you try to convince yourself that they're enjoying it as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Passport-size photos

Cant you just copy and paste your master image?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki
    Cant you just copy and paste your master image?
    I know what you mean but I can't seem to do it! I get the image into the right dimensions and position etc but I can't duplicate the image. Must admit, I haven't played around too much with Photoshop (and it shows!) It seems a little complex for a dunce like me! I'll keep trying and cheers for the reply. Regards, Giz
    Sleeping with pr0stitutes is like making your cat dance with you on its hind legs. You know it's wrong, but you try to convince yourself that they're enjoying it as well.

Thanks
    Karma Level

erm..this may help

if u have multiple layers in pshop u need to goto flatten layers, then use the select tool and draw a box round the pic, goto copy, goto paste, it should than drop the pic onto a new layer where u can position it wherever you need.

rinse n repeat

Thanks
    Karma Level

Erm I don't fully understand the problem but can't you just make a large canvas, copy and paste the image into there 4 or however many times you need times and then cut that and paste it into a new image which will be perfectly sized?!?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Gizzard, if you go into explorer and open your pic there - when you use the print wizard one of the options is lots of pics on one sheet of A4. You tried that?

Thanks
    Karma Level

i haven't read the thread in full, but...

in adobe photoshop, look for 'windows' tab at the top, put your mouse over, click 'layers' from the options list the layers menu should appear if not already shown, select the layer of the photo, right click it and press 'duplicate layer'

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I had exactly the same problem Gizzard, but using paint shop pro. When I visited the passport website I realised that they were keen on size (to the millimeter) and weight of photopaper ( which surprised me).

In the meantime I was shopping at ASDA and they have a photo processing section and tried their machine using the SD card from my camera.

An hour later when we had finished our shopping went back to collect a print with six passport sized photo's from one image for 64 pence !!!!

There was a photobooth in the store that was costing 3ukp for 4 passport photo's.

P.S. Has anyone out there got a good knowledge of these in-store digital photo stations ? I need to print a 10x15 from a 4meg photo but it will only let me size up to a 9x6. I have resampled the photo to 7meg but still no joy.

Pete

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by pete252
    P.S. Has anyone out there got a good knowledge of these in-store digital photo stations ? I need to print a 10x15 from a 4meg photo but it will only let me size up to a 9x6. I have resampled the photo to 7meg but still no joy.

Pete
    When you say you resampled the photo to 7 meg what exactly did you do. I'm asking because if you have a 4 MP camera then the uncompressed file size should already be in the region of 11 meg.

Using the image resize function of Photoshop and the resolution of your camera, (which I believe is 2272x1712) at 250 dpi you could print at 9x6 which is what you said. To print at 15x10 with the same dpi would mean a file size of 30 meg.

Did it state a minimum dpi or ppi for certain picture sizes on the machine ?

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

i must of missed this thread but i will tell you how i get my photo's to print at any size and as many as i want to an A4 or A3 page

first of all get yourself a copy of corel draw ( ver 9 , 10 or 11 it doesn't matter )
    start with a new page and draw a box the size you want the photo use the rulers to get the size exact
    if you are printing more than one photo on the same page use guide lines to make sure the photo's are aligned it makes them easier to cut out when your done

say i want an A4 page full of passport size photo's ( as in this case ) i would draw a box passport size ( cant remember exact size ) and then import the photo i want to use
    the photo will be too big so shrink to the size of the box you have allready drawn
    once you have the photo as you want it go to the effects pull down menu , goto powerclip and place inside container ( make sure the photo is hilighted before doing this or the powerclip option will be masked out ) you curser should now change to a bold arrow , click inside the box you have allready made
    the phot should now be placed inside the box if you are not satisfied with the position , placeing of the photo go back to the powerclip pulldown menu and edit contents untill you are happy with the results then from the powerclip menu finish editing this level
    with a bit of playing you can get exactly what you want within the box without cropping or resizing the photo
    once you are happy with the results click on the ruler at the edge of the page and drag a blue guideline to where you want to put it on the page repeat this for the vertical columbs and horizontal lines
    make sure snap to guidelines is ticked in the view pulldown menu and place your first photo against the guidelines it should snap to them
    press ctrl + D to dupicate the photo and place that in the next position you have allready set up with the guides
    repeat this ( ctrl + D ) untill you have filled the page

job done

i use this method for printing most of my photo's because even if i'm printing say an 8 X 10 photo i can position the photo so i can see exactly what i am going to print

a note for people with a3 printers and 3 mega pixel cameras or less cameras..
    if you want to print a3 with a 3 million pixel image you are better of resizing the photo in photoshop to twice it's resolution rather than just printing straight to paper
    photoshop uses some fancy resizing techniques to keep the image sharp it doesn't just stretch the pixels to make the overall size

Termy

I think the easiest way is to get a copy of Digital Image Suite v9. This will do everything for you as it has templates for passport photos. I used this to do my pp photos and everything was fine.

Took me 5 - 10 mins,,,, and thats including taking the photo and touching it up.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Passport-size photos

The easiest way in photoshop is :

open the photo you want to use > click the file tab > automate > picture package

then in the document box >layout > (20) 2x2.

That will give you a sheet of passport photos, then either print it out or edit to your requirements.

Hope this helps

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just wanna say a big 'thank you' to all who have posted replies to this thread. Think I have it sussed now! Cheers again all and apologies for the delay in replying. Cheers, Giz

Thanks
    Karma Level

Try this prog "ArcSoft PhotoPrinter 2.0 LE" its a free one that has lots of layouts, and you just drag and drop the photos, and makes printing multi photos easy.
    The best thing i like is that the photos are nice and neat (all lined up) when they are printed.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All You Do Is Just Save Your Pic As Jpeg On Your Desktop, Then Just View It In Windows Picture Fax Viewer, Go To Print At The Bottom Then The Wizard Will Start, It Will Give You a Choice Of How You Want To Print You Pic IE: Single, Fax Multiple ETC...
    You Only Live Once
    So Facking
    Enjoy It

Thanks
    Karma Level

u could take a look at this piece of software although all the above answers will do what u want..

http://www.onthegosoft.com/passport_photo.htm

cheers