Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Alien Vs. Predator

well having looking forward to this from when it was announced, then to finding out that its a PG13? i thought id had to watch it this anyway.

An incredible and horrific adventure begins when billionaire industrialist Charles Bishop Weyland (Lance Henriksen) gathers an international team of archaeologists, scientists and security experts, led by environmentalist and adventurer Alexa "Lex" Woods (Sanaa Lathan), to investigate a mysterious "heat bloom" emanating from deep under Antarctica.

What they witness 2000 feet below the frozen surface at first excites, and then terrifies them. They discover a pyramid bearing a mixture of Aztec, Egyptian and Cambodian cultures. Inside the pyramid they find a matrix of chambers so technologically advanced that it becomes obvious that an extraterrestrial influence has been at work there for thousands of years. The chamber walls reconfigure unexpectedly, trapping members of the team and cutting them off from their colleagues.

Moving from chamber to chamber, the horrific truth finally reveals itself: Predators have been keeping alive a captive Alien Queen who lays eggs at 100 year intervals. Young Predators warriors are tested by fighting the Alien offspring. The team stumbles into the middle of an incredible rite of passage -- and a war between Aliens and Predators.
    good to see bishop in this one, although i would of liked a cameo from sigourney weaver, but no show. (was there any other cameos from the alien or pred films that i missed?)

the film was ok, they could of made it a hell of alot better, being 18 rating could of been one of them!

there is some gore, prob about right for a pg13.

anyway prob not a must see, but it could be a good watch if you need a no brainer action movie that is gona dissappoint you!

5/10
    Last edited by Mule; 30th January 2007 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [2004] Alien Vs. Predator

Without giving anything away, im really hoping they DONT make a sequal to this after what happens at then end lol and i agree with biggy they shoulda rated it 18 and added loadsa gore and violence! id give it 4.5/10
    Photography: Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, Canon BG-E2N Grip, Canon BG-E3 Grip, Canon 18-55mm EF, Canon 17-85mm IS USM, Sigma 70-300mm Macro, Canon 70-200mm F4 L + Tripod Mount, Sigma DG SUPER Flash.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What can I say, a waste of 90 minutes of my life, as monster movies go it was fukin shite. Both Alien and Predator are classics and deservedly so but this is best forgotten.

1/10

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree with the other guys,BUT it kept me amused for a bit.
    Could have been a lot better.
    Worth a D/L :whistle
    6/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wasted opportunity, this could have been so much better, not enough fighting between aliens and predators really, but at the end of the day it had some good fights scenes and I would have liked to have boned the bird in it so I'll give it 5.5/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

I agree, a waste of a good chance to make a great movie. Movie company powers-that-be going for the cash cow alternative of a PG13 cert in the hope of more money from game tie-ins and merchandise etc. Some good effects but unltimately let down by its rating.

Thanks
    Karma Level

love Alien films, love Predator....

A v P - I couldnt stand it.

This movie tried to be so many things at once, and for me ultimately failed in all instances.

We had the politically correct black female lead

We had Bishop return as the Rich guy to try and make a connection

We had no gore to please the parents

We had no swearing all the way through to please the parents UNTIL near enough the last scene when the obviously going to survive female lead then decided to use the word F**K - pure gratuitous swearing.....

We then had the absolutely ridiculous scene at the end which i wont comment on and spoil the film....

The ending of the film itself, was absolutlely pathetic. What a complete waste of opportunity.
    We Are....The Mighty Liverpool Reds

Seen a Movie lately? Share your opinions in the Movie Section

"There is no doubt we are in the shadow of Liverpool, but we are doing out utmost to compete with them." - David Moyes

Thanks
    Karma Level

Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap........................................

The whole film was too dark, the story was lame, acting was shite....this film disgraces the real Alien and Predator series of films. I doubt the kids its aimed at will even be impressed.

Crap! :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pile of ****ing donkeys bollox, I downloaded the Maven SVCD rip, what a waste of bandwidth. This movie should never have been greenlight. I certainly dont wanna see any more movies involving either characters.

Thanks very much Fox/Anderson for ****ing up two good characters.

The ending leaves it open for a sequal OMG

1/10 and Im being kind.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

The fight scenes between the aliens and the predators were awesome but there weren't enough of them, the rest of the film is shite.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Watched this at weekend, main reason it was shite....Cert 12A!!!

Also as said, the fight scenes were nowhere near long enough, the other 2 predators were fags that got battered in the 1st fight they had....Aliens were wicked.but once again would of been a lot better being a 15..

Thanks
    Karma Level

hav ebeen waiting for nearly a year since watching some previews last year. as a big big fan of the alien films and also predator, this should have been an absolute classic of both masses taking each other on.

after watching it.:grr:

they spent far too much time trying to justify why the predators came to earth for a ruck with aliens. for a film called alien vs predator, 80% of the film is all about the humans. who cares about the useless humans.

it should ahve been made a 18. all the alien films were 18's both predator film were too. stick them together, u get a 12!!!!:nowords:

the ending???:|

and why oh why did they make the aliens superstrong?? if sigourney weaver could kick ass everytime, why did the predators struggle to kill a single one??

i could go on, to say i felt robbed after watching this film is a big understatement!!
    -5/10

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pile of donkey shite, ruined the legacy of both predator and alien just like terminator 3 fucked up the whole legacy and prestige of the terminator.

Just focused on nothing else except making money.

0/10 PATHETIC
    If Circles were Squares and the Sea was the Sky...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just to let you know that there is going to be a Directors Cut released in the new year with about 20 mins added and is reported to be rated at 18.... will satisfy everyones bloodlust im sure!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -