Close

View Poll Results: What action should the Russians take ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Negotiate all the way,giving all concessions,if it saves lives.

1 1.39%
  • Negotiate for a period of days,then take any action necessary.

1 1.39%
  • Storm the school now,maybe saving lives in the long run.

3 4.17%
  • Take islamic civilians hostage,then start executing them until the children are released.

5 6.94%
  • Send in Doughnuts laced with Farting powder.

62 86.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Bad News Russian school held by terrorists..what to do ?

Another day and another islamic terrorist attrocity.
    This time hundreds of civilians,mostly young kids are being held hostage by islamic/moslem terrorists at gunpoint,in a primary school.
    If you were in charge of operations,what would you do ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Russian school held by terrorists..what to do ?

try and negotiate until the terrorists begin to execute them and then break all hell loose on them

Thanks
    Karma Level

What an ill considered load of sun reading thoughtless bollocks this poll is. Whilst I am sure we all wish for the safe return of the hostages what about he estimated 30k (according to the 7 pm news on channel 4) yes 30k children killed by the Russians in the conflict so far - no no f*ck them lets just have more mindless muslim bashing.

Rebuild Hadrians Wall keep the Sweaty's out !

Thanks
    Karma Level

Now my friend,you are assuming that I have an opinion on this,I have not voted in the poll,and if you think there is another "option",please let me know.

As for "muslim bashing",well you know as well as I do thats not allowed on this forum.
    Scot,or as you like to racially abuse us"sweaties"bashing,is welcomed.

I was purely trying to guage feelings on the current terrorist attrocities of the day,coincidentally the majority are carried out by "muslims"...your words not mine.

Please feel free to join in with any constructive comments. :|

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

I dont think it's simple enough to be put into a poll. Who knows what the terrorists might do...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Good response, Beekae

the expression another day another islamic terorist atrocity infers you may just have formed the slightest little opinion plus the entirely neutral last question in the poll also infers an opinion. You could of course put as a last question - should the terrorists kill all the children to make the score Russia 30000 Terrorists 150

Sweaties - a term of endearment surely ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

By your reckoning,I am saying most recent terrorist attacks are by islamic fundamentalists.
    Surely not :coffee:

The fourth question in my poll,is detatched from the other three,and is in desperation for an answer to those who understand and relate to nothing less than violence.

Pity I couldnt add your poll choice of;
    "should the terrorists kill all the children to make the score Russia 30000(source;channel 5) Terrorists 150(in what month ????)"

:|

Thanks
    Karma Level

You introduced and keep mentioning Islam - why ? Most of the bbc's coverage for example refers the hostage takers as separatists or rebels but you keep refering to religion ? Why ?

And further I infer from your last post most recent terrorist attacks in your world wouldn't include the deaths of 10000 + (civilians) in Iraq ? - no of course not that genocide is entirely justifiable as it was carried out by the christian fundamentalist (and all round good egg) George Bush

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Group released from siege school

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Very young children were among those released

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Hostage-takers have freed 32 women and infants from a school in south Russia, but they are still holding more than 300 people, among them many children. Officials said they were working to maintain contact with the attackers, with the crisis well into a second day. Authorities ruled out using force to end the siege in North Ossetia, and Russian President Vladimir Putin said the hostages' safety was paramount. Desperate parents are maintaining a vigil outside the school in Beslan.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Late on Thursday afternoon, women cradling very small children emerged from the building and were whisked away in cars by security forces, as the crowd rushed forward to find out who had been freed.

Officials said the breakthrough came after mediation efforts by the former president of the neighbouring region of Ingushetia and that negotiations would continue.

As the siege continued, anger and frustration was growing among the families.

Some of the hostages have reportedly been able to phone home, describing conditions in the school as tolerable.

Inside are pupils, teachers and parents who had come to the school on Wednesday morning to help celebrate the first day of term.

<!-- S IINC --><TABLE class=sibf cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sibtbg>

Click below for a detailed map of Beslan

Enlarge Map

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IINC -->

"Our main task is to save the life and health of those who have ended up as hostages," said President Putin who cancelled a working holiday and visit to Turkey to deal with the crisis.

The head of the Russian security service in North Ossetia has said there is "no question" of opting for force at the moment.

"There will be a lengthy and tense process of negotiation," Valery Andreyev was quoted as saying by Reuters news agency.

North Ossetia's Interior Minister Kazbek Dzantiyev said 12 civilians had been killed since the siege began, Itar-Tass reports.

The hostage-takers began talking overnight to prominent paediatrician Lev Roshal, who helped negotiate the release of children during the siege of a Moscow theatre in 2002.

Mr Roshal said they refused offers to deliver food and water, but he was assured the children were fine.

Trip wires Masked men and women, wearing bomb belts, burst into the school, whose pupils are aged seven to 18, at around 0930 local time (0530 GMT) on Wednesday.
    The hostages were herded into the gym. Up to 50 children were reported to have escaped in the confusion.

Trip wires are believed to have been laid around the school, with the attackers threatening to blow it up if stormed by police.

Mr Dzantiyev was quoted as saying on Wednesday they threatened to kill 50 children for every fighter killed.

The hostage-takers' exact demands are unclear, but they are said to be calling for the withdrawal of Russian troops from Chechnya and the release of Chechen rebels held in Ingushetia.

'International terrorism'

The Russian authorities are blaming what they call international terrorism, with suspicion falling on Chechen separatists, who have been fighting for independence from Moscow for the past decade.

Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov has denied that his forces are involved in the siege.

<!-- S IANC -->
    <!-- E IANC -->The school crisis came a day after a suspected suicide bombing in Moscow killed 10 people. Last week, the mid-air explosions of two passenger planes left 89 dead.
    <!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=416 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sibtbg>

1 - Main entrance
    2 - Area where gunfire began
    3 - Hostages are being held in the school gym, which has reportedly been packed with explosives and mines
    4 - Side entrance
    5 - There have been reports of children being used as human shields at the back windows
    6 - As the attack began a number of people hid in the boiler room and later escaped

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <!-- E IBOX -->

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3621418.stm
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Personally I'd send in doughnuts laced with farting powder and then wait for the Terrorists to laugh themselves into a stupor, thus enabling the authorities to launch an all out offensive and kill eveyone inside. Then back to the barracks for cucumber sandwiches and lashings of ginger beer. Hooray!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well excuse me,according to "british" news reports they are called "hostage-takers" & "attackers"...PC comes to the world of terrorism.

The BBC even calling them "seperatists" and "rebels"...now theres a surprise.!

If your young child was in that school...what would you call them ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

If your young child was in that school...what would you call them ?[/QUOTE]
    murderous b@stards, that is what most terrorists are

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by beekae
    Well excuse me,according to "british" news reports they are called "hostage-takers" & "attackers"...PC comes to the world of terrorism.

The BBC even calling them "seperatists" and "rebels"...now theres a surprise.!

If your young child was in that school...what would you call them ?
    More mindless rubbish - if you can't blame islam then blame political correctnesss try this article from the famously liberal left wing murdoch owned very PC Fox news in the US http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131339,00.html - even they have managed to find a way to describe them as terrorists, rebels or separatists.What's your problem ?

If I had inflicted a child of mine on this planet I would probably start with bastards.

I have voted for the doughnuts.
    Last edited by digidump; 3rd September 2004 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added voting reference

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Perhaps they should instigate some kind of '24 - Jack Bauer' action. I was thinking - Russia should somehow find out just who the hell the terrorists/hostage takers are and then abduct their family and friends. Wheel in a TV for the armed plebs in the school and then let them watch the Russians threaten to execute their entire family/friends one by one on Live TV. They may be prepared to die but I doubt that loved ones closest to them will.
    Give 'em a taste of their own medicine.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ZX7R
    Perhaps they should instigate some kind of '24 - Jack Bauer' action. I was thinking - Russia should somehow find out just who the hell the terrorists/hostage takers are and then abduct their family and friends. Wheel in a TV for the armed plebs in the school and then let them watch the Russians threaten to execute their entire family/friends one by one on Live TV. They may be prepared to die but I doubt that loved ones closest to them will.
    Give 'em a taste of their own medicine.
    Buhahahahahahahaha, spot on, then they should find out where they live and execute the whole village.............all on live TV of course, in fact they could call it the 'Russian Superslam Showdown Extreme Death Match Inferno' and put it on pay per view. F**k, even I'd get me a dish for that kind of TV treat. :cartman

Thanks
    Karma Level

watching live now on skynews the shit has hit the fan.

Heavy machine gun fire allround .

edit..................

apparently a group of hostages has broken out of the school.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yeh just reading that just now m8 and apparently the hostages have escaped
    whilst the Terrorists tried to escape..:censored

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...211973,00.html
    lets hope that all families concerned are reunited with their loved ones safely

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by toto67
    Yeh just reading that just now m8 and apparently the hostages have escaped
    whilst the Terrorists tried to escape..:censored

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...211973,00.html
    lets hope that all families concerned are reunited with their loved ones safely
    Only a handful of hostages have escaped, I'm dreading this is gonna be a bloodbath........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    Only a handful of hostages have escaped, I'm dreading this is gonna be a bloodbath........
    sorry guys mis-read the page but I just
    watched there on the news that the Special forces are inside the building and
    hopefully will bring this to an End..but like you said CJ its just gonna end in blood shed...glad to see the kids getting out and hopefully the rest of their families n friends to follow.....:censored

Thanks
    Karma Level

this is horrific, just seen a special report on channel 4

i hope they kill the bastards (terrorists) and kill em good

****ers, children dont deserve this

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast