Close

View Poll Results: What action should the Russians take ?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Negotiate all the way,giving all concessions,if it saves lives.

1 1.39%
  • Negotiate for a period of days,then take any action necessary.

1 1.39%
  • Storm the school now,maybe saving lives in the long run.

3 4.17%
  • Take islamic civilians hostage,then start executing them until the children are released.

5 6.94%
  • Send in Doughnuts laced with Farting powder.

62 86.11%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Russian school held by terrorists..what to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by CzarJunkie
    News of the World, pah, you'd be better off reading Dandy m8.
    some of those claims will be true and Im sure more attrocities will be revealed over the time.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

News of the World, pah, you'd be better off reading Dandy m8.

people can also read some of the claims in the fancy papers too if it makes them feel any cleverer
    might be a paper for scandal and gossip but its still probably true

Thanks
    Karma Level

just seen a report on ITV news about the funerals of two girls today , one twelve ,the other thirteen. Both had been killed by shots in the back ,one had 46 gunshots in her back.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope all the people in this thread who are going on about how evil it is to kill children realise that over 200 children every year are killed on Britians roads by speeding motorists and over 4500 are seriously injured.

I don't see any threads about that or you condemning british motorists for being evil c**ts who deserve to die, for some reason speeding in your car is acceptable while firing an AK47 is not, they both kill children so whats the difference? Think about that the next time your are doing 50mph in a 40mph zone.

You can post all the witness statements you want from whatever comics you want, maybe you should be asking why these comics don't seem to give 2 f**ks about the kids who die anually on the roads of Britain rather than satisfying our lust for blood and gore by printing uncorrobarated stories about an atrocity that took place 3000 miles away.

As a nation we should be ashamed that we give these comics license to print this crap by buying their worthless, sensationalised, questionable rubbish. :annoyed:

Thanks
    Karma Level

I hope all the people in this thread who are going on about how evil it is to kill children realise that over 200 children every year are killed on Britians roads by speeding motorists and over 4500 are seriously injured.

I don't see any threads about that or you condemning british motorists for being evil c**ts who deserve to die, for some reason speeding in your car is acceptable while firing an AK47 is not, they both kill children so whats the difference? Think about that the next time your are doing 50mph in a 40mph zone.

You can post all the witness statements you want from whatever comics you want, maybe you should be asking why these comics don't seem to give 2 f**ks about the kids who die anually on the roads of Britain rather than satisfying our lust for blood and gore by printing uncorrobarated stories about an atrocity that took place 3000 miles away.

As a nation we should be ashamed that we give these comics license to print this crap by buying their worthless, sensationalised, questionable rubbish. :annoyed:
    To put both of these issues on the same platform is totally off the plot.

People in cars speeding is wrong but not nec evil . People who plan weeks even months in advance to terrorise ,torture , maim and kill children is pure evil and if your seriously asking what the difference is then you have real issues m8.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    To put both of these issues on the same platform is totally off the plot.

People in cars speeding is wrong but not nec evil . People who plan weeks even months in advance to terrorise ,torture , maim and kill children is pure evil and if your seriously asking what the difference is then you have real issues m8.
    There's absolutley no difference whatsoever, motorists know before they get into their car that speeding kills and it kills children, but they still do it. That in my opinion is evil m8, when you know the results of your actions could seriously harm or kill a child then I would class that as evil.

We have no idea that these terrorists in Ossetia had the intention of killing children. From what's been reported the gymnasium roof killed a fair few, how the **** did that collapse, how do we know that the Russians didn't start the shooting that escalated into the carnage that followed? We only have the Russian reports to go on and we know they will say anything but what really happened.

If these terrorists really did set out with the intention of killing children then they are evil, but it doesn't make tham any worse than someone who deliberatley speeds in their car and kills a child.

I have sat at the bedside of a 12 year old girl who was knocked over by a speeding Taxi driver, she suffered for 6 hours before she finally died, the c**t who killed her might as well of held an AK47 to her head and pulled the trigger. The pain and anguish that family felt on that night was exactly the same being suffered now in Ossetia, so you tell me, what is the difference?

Thanks
    Karma Level

There's absolutley no difference whatsoever, motorists know before they get into their car that speeding kills and it kills children, but they still do it. That in my opinion is evil m8, when you know the results of your actions could seriously harm or kill a child then I would class that as evil.

We have no idea that these terrorists in Ossetia had the intention of killing children. From what's been reported the gymnasium roof killed a fair few, how the **** did that collapse, how do we know that the Russians didn't start the shooting that escalated into the carnage that followed? We only have the Russian reports to go on and we know they will say anything but what really happened.

If these terrorists really did set out with the intention of killing children then they are evil, but it doesn't make tham any worse than someone who deliberatley speeds in their car and kills a child.

I have sat at the bedside of a 12 year old girl who was knocked over by a speeding Taxi driver, she suffered for 6 hours before she finally died, the c**t who killed her might as well of held an AK47 to her head and pulled the trigger. The pain and anguish that family felt on that night was exactly the same being suffered now in Ossetia, so you tell me, what is the difference?
    Im sorry but Im not even going to attempt to challenge your logic as your too firmly stuck in your view . I respect your view but in noway accept it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Russian School Siege Town Buries First of Its Dead

By Richard Ayton and Oliver Bullough

BESLAN, Russia (Reuters) - The sound of weeping mothers who lost their sons and daughters in Russia's school siege drifted out of the homes of Beslan on Sunday as the first burials were held for some of the 338 people killed.

Alina Khubechova celebrated her 11th birthday the day before Chechen separatists seized her school last week. Four days later her grief-stricken parents buried her, grasping a picture of the pretty brown-haired girl with white ribbons in her hair.

In the first sign of officials taking responsibility for the bloodbath, the North Ossetia region's Interior Minister Kazbek Dzantiyev offered his resignation. It was not accepted.

"After what happened in Beslan I have no right to hold this post, both as an officer and a gentleman," Itar-Tass news agency quoted Dzantiyev as saying.

Official accounts say forces moved on the school gymnasium on Friday after Chechen separatists holding 1,000 people hostage started firing on children fleeing in panic from two explosions.

It was the bloodiest end to a hostage crisis in decades.

Half the dead were children. The rest were teachers, parents and relatives attending festivities on the first day of term.

North Ossetian spokesman Lev Dzugayev said 428 people remained in local hospitals and 260 were unaccounted for. A number of serious cases were taken to Moscow and other cities. The carnage has thrown President Vladimir Putin's policy in the turbulent Caucasus region into disarray and raised serious doubts whether he can end Chechen separatism. The siege followed bombings aboard two airliners and near a Moscow metro station.

FUNERAL PROCESSIONS Ambulances that on Friday ferried the injured to hospital, spent Sunday standing by at the funerals to help relatives overcome with grief. Grieving relatives left front doors and windows open, according to local custom.

"Beslan is such a small town," said Zoya, who attended Alina's funeral. "What did we do to deserve all this?"

Others pressed on in search of missing relatives, forced to tour local hospitals in hope, and morgues in trepidation.

Rimma Butueva, a doctor, spent days looking for her cousin Rosa, missing along with her nine-year-old son.

"We did not give up hope until the end," she said. "But when we saw her body we understood we wouldn't find her eldest son. The worst was recognizing him by his clothing."

Orthodox churches across Russia held memorial services and Putin declared Monday and Tuesday days of national mourning. Putin, a former KGB spy who came to power four years ago promising to stamp out separatism, said the security forces needed to rethink their approach to tackling such emergencies.

Questions have persisted about the storming of the school and how the gunmen managed to transport huge quantities of explosives and ammunition into the school.

Soslan Bidoyev, 23, was shocked by his brother's account of events at the school when it was seized last Wednesday.

"He told us that when the hostages were brought in, the gunmen made the adults pry open the gymnasium floor. They took out supplies of weapons from underneath the floor," he said.

Such accounts strengthened the view that the gunmen were well prepared and had local help, and fueled the anger of residents who accused Putin of making only a token visit to the town and failing in his duty to protect them. Valery Andreyev, local head of the FSB security service, was quoted by Moscow radio station Ekho Moskvy as saying the militants may have received help from local police, possibly because they were coerced. <!-- article text ends -->

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...8&pageNumber=1

Thanks
    Karma Level

Nah m8 I think you cant compare the likes of the 2 comments you made.
    For the likes of those who go out with intent to harm,kill and torture the likes of any human being is Pre-meditated Murder m8 to say that any person out
    driving has the same intent is just fookin madness...
    Agreed that the death toll on roads these days is getting obscene but the truth of the matter is m8 these :censored go out with the sole intent of causing as much
    mayhem and fear into young and innocent peoples lives that even those
    young kids cant even begin to understand WHY these pieces of scum would want to harm them when some are too young to even understand....
    The type of world we bring kids into leaves alot to be desired...Shame on us!!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

They went into a school wearing bombs,threatening to kill 50 children for every hostsage taker that was killed.that might give u a little bit of a clue of there intentions.

motorists do know that speed will kill people,but mothers taking there kids to school have no idea they will be in a massacre

Thanks
    Karma Level

ok lets get back to the topic on hand .

Motorists and speeding is a completely different topic and should be adressed in a new thread .

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>'Hostage-taker' interviewed on TV

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> The man seemed frightened, and at times was incoherent

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->A man said to have been a hostage-taker in the school siege in the southern Russian town of Beslan has been shown on state television.

His hands bound, the frightened-looking man was shown being led by two hooded commandoes into a room, where he was briefly interviewed.

He said he had not wanted to die in the siege, and that as a father, he had felt pity for the child hostages.

Two days of national mourning have now begun, amid hundreds of funerals.

Authorities say at least 335 people died in the siege, which came to a bloody and chaotic climax on Friday, but correspondents say unofficial figures suggest the real number could be closer to 400.

'Triumphalist'

Claims about the number and fate of the hostage-takers had been vague and contradictory.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> I swear by Allah I did not shoot, I swear I did not shoot

Alleged hostage-taker

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->

At one point the authorities said that all of the hostage-takers, about 30 in number, had been killed.

The man who appeared on state television was said to have had shaved off his beard in order to try to escape with fleeing hostages when the siege collapsed.

Asked by a state TV reporter whether he felt sorry for the child hostages, the man replied: "I swear by Allah, I did feel sorry for them. I have got children too."

<!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Alina Khubetsova, 11, was buried with her dolls

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->

Asked whether he fired his weapon, he said: "I swear by Allah I did not shoot, I swear I did not shoot."

But later, pressed by his interviewer, he became less coherent before saying: "In general, I did not want to die anywhere. I do not want to die anywhere." The man's accent suggests he is from the region and not a foreigner. Correspondents say the report's tone was highly triumphalist and ended with images of the corpses of dead hostage-takers crawling with flies.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3630128.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

He said he had not wanted to die in the siege, and that as a father, he had felt pity for the child hostages.
    let me see i guy go's into a school full of kid's teacher's with gun's and bomb's and a few m8's knowing full well what the russian's are like toward's terrorism,and now he feel's sorry!!! they should hand him over to the parent's (as they probly would in chechnya) so he can tell them about his sorrow.

people are alway's sorry when caught!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Russian TV broadcasts siege video

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> Russian NTV showed the video but did not explain how it was obtained

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Dramatic video footage of inside the school in Beslan during the siege has been aired on Russian television.

It shows adults and children packed into the school gymnasium as heavily-armed, masked men walk around the room.

Explosives, apparently wired and ready for use, lie on the floor while others are looped around basketball hoops at either end of the gym.

Russia's NTV network, the first to broadcast the video clip, said it had been recorded by the hostage-takers.

The network did not explain how it obtained the pictures.

The footage shows hundreds of hostages crowded into the gym - many with hands above their heads.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg> We've been to the morgue 10 or 15 times and opened up all the body bags, but Timor is not there

Slava, looking for her nephew

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->They are still fully-clothed - although fanning themselves in the heat - suggesting the video was shot soon after the school was seized.

The camera zooms in on one hostage-taker, standing next to a young boy, with his boot on what NTV said was a book rigged with a detonator.

A woman hostage-taker, fully-clad in black dress and headscarf, is seen in the doorway holding a pistol.

There is also footage of blood on the floor, and a fire in another building on the school premises.

The BBC's Steven Eke in Moscow says that for many families in Beslan this will be the last footage of their loved ones alive.

DNA tests

For a third day, the grief-stricken town was burying more of the 330 people, mostly children, who died in the battle that ended the siege on Friday.

Relatives of around 200 people still missing were queuing up to give blood for DNA tests on the bodies that remain unidentified.

<!-- S IBOX --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibtbg>

<!-- S ILIN -->Ethnic war fears
    <!-- E ILIN -->
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IBOX -->Officials say 107 bodies were damaged beyond recognition by the fire and the explosions.

The BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Beslan says anguished relatives have had to go through body bags themselves, as there are no accurate lists of victims.

"We've been to the morgue 10 or 15 times already. We've opened up all the body bags but Timor is not there," said Slava, who is looking for her 10-year-old nephew.

"We've asked officials where his remains are and no-one can tell us. Where did so many children disappear to?"

Rallies

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people took to the streets in Moscow as part of a government-endorsed rally against terrorism - one of several around the country.

Muscovites brandished banners, religious insignia and Russian flags in a massive show of unity during a second day of official mourning for the victims of the siege.

<!-- S IINC --><TABLE class=sibf cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=sibtbg>
    Map of the North Caucasus

Enlarge Map

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IINC -->The BBC's Rob Cameron in Moscow says people are still consumed with anger at the events in Beslan.

"How can you kill children and shoot them? I came because Russia was slapped in the face and we will not take it," a pensioner named as Valery told AFP news agency.

But correspondents say there is also rising anger over the Russian authorities' handling of the siege.

Newspapers have also been posing awkward questions, such as whether the security services really had no plans to storm the school.

Some have accused Russian President Vladimir Putin of using the rallies to deflect public anger over unanswered questions.

But the Russian president responded to his critics strongly on Tuesday, in particular to calls for talks with those seeking independence in Chechnya.

He told two British newspapers that entering talks was akin to the West negotiating with Osama Bin Laden, and said: "No one has a moral right to tell us to talk to child killers."

But Chechen rebel spokesman Akhmed Zakayev has said the rebels had no part in the "barbaric act of terrorism". He blamed the attack on "local radical groups" and warned that President Putin's "punitive policy" in the region would make a "repeat of the Beslan tragedy inevitable". <!-- E BO -->

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3636196.stm

Thanks
    Karma Level

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>Bounty offered for Chechen rebels

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA -->Russia will pay 300m roubles ($10 m) for information leading to the arrest of Chechen rebel leaders Aslan Maskhadov and Shamil Basayev.

Security services want any information that could help "neutralise" the two following the Beslan school siege, Russian news agencies report.

Beslan is preparing to bury more of the 335 people, including children, who died on the last day of the siege.

On Tuesday, Russian TV showed dramatic video footage from inside the school.

The footage, broadcast on Russia's NTV network, shows terrified adults and children packed into the school gymnasium as heavily armed, masked men walk around the room. Explosives, apparently wired and ready for use, lie on the floor while others are looped around basketball hoops at either end of the gym. <!-- E BO -->

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3636818.stm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123