Close

Thread: Shogun Assassin

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Shogun Assassin

Plot:

Long ago there was a great samurai warrior who served his Shogun honorably. The Shogun however grew paranoid as he became more and more senile. The Shogun sought to destroy all those who might stand to oppose his rule, and so he sent his ninja spies to the samurai's home. The ninjas failed to kill the samurai, but did kill his beloved wife. From then on, the samurai swore on his honor to seek out the Shogun and avenge the death of his love. The samurai roams the countryside with his toddler son taking on mercenary work for money until the final battle with the Shogun's three Masters of Death.

Review:

What a film! Lone Wolf is a one man killing machine scouring the land to take revenge on the Shogun who had his wife killed. He is relentless in his counter attacks to slay them all. Some fantastic action sequences, my favourite being when he fights his way past several ninja with his son under his arm.

9/10 - You must see this film if you like this genre of movie. Banned for years, but now available!
    Last edited by Mule; 31st January 2007 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: [1980] Shogun Assassin

sounds ace!....suprnova beckons

also wanna check out that Jet Li film, Hero

Shooooooo-ryuken!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by flumperino
    sounds ace!....suprnova beckons

also wanna check out that Jet Li film, Hero
    Havent watched Hero yet. Picked it up in Bangkok a few weeks back. A mate of mine is raving about it saying how good it is.

ABCMan

Info Re: [1980] Shogun Assassin

to all movie buffs DO NOT GET SHOGUN ASSASIN

SA was released many years ago in the usa and even in the early days of vhs in the uk (before being banned) HOWEVER on its re-relese a couple of years back in the uk in its "uncut" form they were in fact lying, yes, it is an uncut shogun assasin, but in fact shogun assasin is actualy 2 movies cut together (and butchered accordingly) for the usa.

the original titles were "lone wolf and cub" an its a series of (i believe) 7 movies shogun assasin is from parts 1 & 2 so if you realy like the sound of it try to get the lone wolf and cub movies and not shogun assasin.

a quick hunt around and it seems that crazymazeys house of horror has several of the set on torrents but its a registered users only and ratio tracker so its not all good news.

if you plan on buying then lone wolf and cub 1 was released in the uk about a year or so ago and was available from hmv (where i got mine) i've no idea if the others have been released over here but you can buy them from other regions (with english subtitles).

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    to all movie buffs DO NOT GET SHOGUN ASSASIN

SA was released many years ago in the usa and even in the early days of vhs in the uk (before being banned) HOWEVER on its re-relese a couple of years back in the uk in its "uncut" form they were in fact lying, yes, it is an uncut shogun assasin, but in fact shogun assasin is actualy 2 movies cut together (and butchered accordingly) for the usa.

the original titles were "lone wolf and cub" an its a series of (i believe) 7 movies shogun assasin is from parts 1 & 2 so if you realy like the sound of it try to get the lone wolf and cub movies and not shogun assasin.

a quick hunt around and it seems that crazymazeys house of horror has several of the set on torrents but its a registered users only and ratio tracker so its not all good news.

if you plan on buying then lone wolf and cub 1 was released in the uk about a year or so ago and was available from hmv (where i got mine) i've no idea if the others have been released over here but you can buy them from other regions (with english subtitles).
    But other than that, there is plenty of hack and slash to keep you entertained. A movie buff wouldnt appreciate it anyway due to the dubbed dialouge. I have tried in vain to get the associated movies but have failed miserabley!!!!!!!