Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default TMPGEnc DVD Author keeps closing when I try to output

As the title says....

Im using Windows XP SP2 if that helps and the program seemed to work perfectly before I put on SP2. Now it wont work at all.

Also i'm using v1.6 of TMPGEnc DVD author. Any tips on getting this working would be appreciated. Ta!
    Mladen

ABCMan

Default Re: TMPGEnc DVD Author keeps closing when I try to output

when i installed sp2 just about everything stopped working so as my xp box isnt online i went back to sp1 + xp pro.

as to it crashing at output do you mean when it starts to create the output folder or when it starts to burn? i'm assuming that you are writing your creation to hard disc before you burn it rater than doing a direct burn? a direct burn creates a temp image on c: whras saving first allows you to select where to create the folder (it creates a folder called volume 1 with the dvd folders in it) if there is insuficent space it can cause what you describe maybe if you added sp2 you havent got enough free space on c: now.

i'm also assuming that you prepared the files correctly before authoring? what software did you use to create the dvd video files that you imported into dvd author, i know some divx source files can cause tmpg dvd source creator to crash requiring a pre conversion to dvd video format in something like mainconcept or canapous procoder or ashampoo shrink & burn or suchlike.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: TMPGEnc DVD Author keeps closing when I try to output

Heya, I've got about 80gb free on the drive I am writing the dvd files to. I get the same problem whether I'm trying to use files that MainConcept MPEG Encoder has chucked out or whether I'm using raw vob files that have been created from my DVD Recorder. What happens is that it makes the folders (ie Volume XX/VIDEO_TS) and just closes. Like I say, I am using the exact same procedures as I did when I didn't have SP2 so I am assuming this would be the problem? Another thing is I dont have a restore point.

Could you mention any similar alternative programs or have you maybe perhaps got any other things I could try to get this working? Any help appreciated :nowords:
    Mladen