Close

Thread: dog fleas

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default dog fleas

my dogs got fleas and i cant get rid of em, ive tried frontline from the vets, flea spray shampoo everything i can think of ive de flea'd the house her bed absolutly everything is there anything any of you guys know of that i could use to get rid of the feckers?

cheers

cas

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: dog fleas

You can get flea traps that shine a buld down onto a sticky surface. The fleas are attractd to this & stick on the pads.

Try ebay, they're cheaper than from a shop.
    No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Thanks
    Karma Level

You could always shave the dog

Will have the bonus of making you laugh ever time you look at it as well

(not very constructive i know, but i thought it was funny)
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

ABCMan

get the dog flea sprayed, then straight to the vets for another dose of the anti flea medicine, then keep the dog outside (cruel but many dogs live outside anyway) untill you have your house sprayed from top to bottom, if you live in a council house they will do the job free, if not then use rentokill, you also need to wash all the dogs bedding on a high heat or seal it in a bag and dispose of at your local waste disposal site, the following day you should be safe to let your dog back in.

Thanks
    Karma Level

i think ive sorted it now cheers for the advice ive been at it all day for the past 3 days

i rang rentokill and they said they were booked solid for the next 2 days so i went to pets at home in wakefield and they had some flea bombs so i bought 2 packs and another pack of flea powder set the bombs off upstairs and down flea powdered the dog again and shes stopped scratchin ive binned the bedding and bought new (although shes not getting it yet not till im sure shes deflea'd) i cant really leave her out over night cos someone round here would probably try and pinch her or hurt her, feckin addicts id rather have the fleas than talk to them

cheers for the info though

as for shavin her that was my idea as well but after telling our lass she offered to very kindly report me to the rspca if i did (i didnt think they'd mind tbh) but i must admit im still tempted

cas

Social Networking Bookmarks