Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Question re-settting ppv pin?

ive tried using the blocking method and then re-booting in engineers menu to reset the pin but i cant seem to change it, stays as ****.

I basically have a chipped box in my room but theres a subbed box (not chipped) downstairs, if i block the ppv on the subbed box and then phone telewest to unblock it for me, will this re-set the ppv pin on the chipped 1 in my room???

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: re-settting ppv pin?

Quote Originally Posted by king132
    ive tried using the blocking method and then re-booting in engineers menu to reset the pin but i cant seem to change it, stays as ****.

I basically have a chipped box in my room but theres a subbed box (not chipped) downstairs, if i block the ppv on the subbed box and then phone telewest to unblock it for me, will this re-set the ppv pin on the chipped 1 in my room???
    AFAIK, the above method only works on the 4000 boxes, after locking the password and then unsucessfully unlocking it within the Eng menu the PIN will be displayed as **** but you will be able to now go to the PIN option and change it.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: re-settting ppv pin?

I doubt it very much indeed and personally I would not have a dodgey box plugged in at the same time as the subbed one whilst the cc are sending an hit or monitoring your connection or whatever.
    If your box is a 1000 or 2000 then you will have to pull the jumper then use libby to reset the net id and then set pin and freq manually.
    Speccy

Social Networking Bookmarks