Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default drinking age in lanzerotti

i know its 16 in spain but is lanzerotti the same?

http://www2.potsdam.edu/alcohol-info...inkingAge.html is a page i found, it just says "with exceptions" for spain

we're going there on thursday and i wouldnt mind having a few drinks with my parents
    "The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: drinking age in lanzerotti

its 16 in spain?!

If i knew that when I went i wouldnt have got my mum n dad to grab my stuff!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The exceptions are probably that you can't drink spirits until you're 18. If Lanzarote is Spanish, the same rules will probably apply. However, if you can get served in Britain then the chances are that you're easily going to get served on the continent/abroad in general with exceptions for US. Even if you can't fool people into thinking you're of the right age, the chances are there'll be plenty of willing bartenders who just dont care. Especially in sleazy tourist resorts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    The exceptions are probably that you can't drink spirits until you're 18. If Lanzarote is Spanish, the same rules will probably apply. However, if you can get served in Britain then the chances are that you're easily going to get served on the continent/abroad in general with exceptions for US. Even if you can't fool people into thinking you're of the right age, the chances are there'll be plenty of willing bartenders who just dont care. Especially in sleazy tourist resorts.
    cheers, that's what i thought

i dont really look 18 atall but get sold occasionally from folk that dont give a shit or if i go in with older looking friends, just hoping there are some nice pubs near where we are staying

Thanks
    Karma Level

im sure its the same as spain but however they are all clamping down. you may struggle in in the bigger bars and clubs but the little bars along the beach etc wont give a shit and just serve anyone. i remember this from when i went a few years ago. and my brother struggled in the large clubs etc. but just keep trying and you will get served somewhere. :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

went to a bar in portugal once and asked them what the drinking age was, (my mate was 17). the barman laughed and said "i dunno, 2"??

funny over there, kids are allowed to drink at earlier ages, it lets them get used to it, and makes them more carefull when they are older (apparently:nowords: ). allthough the place was full of 5yr old hellions!!

Moses

Thanks
    Karma Level

well, i had a fair number of drinks there and never actually found out what the drinking age was, only sign i saw said 18 but that was in a shop (a lot of shops here say 21 now so maybe something like that?)

i dont look 18 atall so if it is 18 then they are very laid back and generally excellent in their attitudes

they also give you free shots of some sort of fruity and very alcoholic (a bit too stronly tasteing of alcohol for my liking but drank them anyway) at the end of meals, dunno what it was but it kinda made you feel happy and in the mood for big tips