Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default THE RULES & FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING 17/02/2016

Digital-forums.com FAQ
    LAST UPDATE: 17/02/16

I'm going to start covering the most frequent questions in this post and will update as i go.

So, what's the primary rule for new members?
    We have a large forum with many new members every day. However, some of those members join to leech information and never return again. We do not want those members, if you are one such person I recommend you leave now.

IF ANY OF YOUR POSTS ARE NONSENSE, ONE-WORD, POINTLESS, USELESS CRAP or END UP BEING REPORTED - YOU WILL BE PERMANENTLY BANNED!

What in an infraction? and why have I got one?
    Our infraction system is much like a driving license.

All members start with zero points and points are added for infractions (or breaches) of DF rules, policies and etiquette. All levels of points last for a period of 30 Days after which they will expire.

If a member goes over 5 points, they will lose access to DF for 24 hours.
    If a member goes over 10 points, they will lose access to DF for 7 days.
    If a member goes over 15 points, they will lose access to DF for 30 days.

Any member given a 50 point infraction will receive an instant and permanent ban.

A list of current infractions and points is below:

1 Posting In The Wrong Section
    3 Wasting Staff Time/Disregard For Forum Rules
    3 Insults/Abuse
    5 Abuse of Report Button
    5 Posting Links To Illegal Files
    10 Staff Abuse
    15 Racism
    15 Use of Company Names to Defame
    50 Spam
    50 Leeching
    50 Rejoining Forum after a Ban

What the hell is Karma, and how can I get me some of that?
    Karma is basically a member rating system. If a member has helped, entertained, provided a link in biggys cheapskate section etc, you can give them karma.

Everyone has a karma rating (the little green, or red blobs under each user's details to the left of every post). This rating can either be good or bad depending on how many positive or negative karma points they have received. Karma is dished out in different portions. eg, if an admin gives you positive karma, you will get more points than if some lowlife 10 post member gives you karma.

As your karma increases or decreases you will attain more green or red blobs. the more green blobs you have, the more positive karma you have received, if you start getting into minus numbers (by receiving negative karma) you will start showing red blobs, not a good sign.

You can give karma by clicking the button that is under your user profile in every post. click this, select whether you want to give positive or negative karma, and if you want leave a comment. If you wish to see comments people have given you, they can be found at the bottom of the user control panel: http://digital-forums.com/usercp.php?

below is an explanation of how karma is calculated, in case you cared:

If you have negative points, then you have red dots, which work the same way as above, but backwards. I'm not too sure at what value these start though, as there is a single grey dot inbetween the red and green. Grey may signify
    -20 to -1, or something like that.

The amount of karma points a user receives when you give them positive karma, is based on your post count, length of membership, and your own karma level. I think it is 1 point of karma power for each 100 posts, 1 point per year of membership, and 1 point per karma dot that you have. So my karma power is about 21:

1500+ posts = 15 points
    6 karma dots = 6 points
    0 whole years membership = 0 points
    total = 21 points is what a user would receive if I gave them positive karma

If you give negative karma, the points are deducted from the person you're giving it to, but the points are only half that of your normal (positive) karma power.

Finally, if you receive positive karma, it is green. Negative karma is red, and neutral karma is grey - this is when the person awarding the karma has no karma power i.e. has overall negative/neutral karma themselves. If at any point a users karma level is neutral or negative, their karma power becomes 0.....even if they have 50 million posts[/QUOTE]

Why do some members have coloured usernames?
    We use the colour of usernames to distinguish between certain usergroups on the board:

Administrator = red
    Super Moderator = blue
    Moderator = green
    VIP = dark red

WHY CANT I WRITE POSTS/THREAD TITLES ALL IN CAPITAL LETTERS?
    Please dont write full posts/thread titles in capital letters, this is considered both shouting and very rude. you will be flamed. Even if you feel your post is of particular interest to members, posting in all caps will result in some form of punishment.

How do I become a VIP member?
    Being a VIP Member means you support our community and are given the honor of the coveted VIP Badge - you also get access to our great VIP Section CLICK HERE TO JOIN - It's only $40 a year

I'm using a different website address to www.digital-forums.com and some things aren't working
    We did have a temporary domain issue and used an alternate domain at one point, however please note that you should now not use any other domain than digital-forums.com or some board functionality may be lost
    Last edited by Raptor; 7th April 2009 at 11:14 AM.

9 Thanks given to 4me2

Bilbo_baggin (17th February 2016),  Dappaman786 (16th October 2012),  gadgetman (6th July 2016),  ibruk (9th March 2014),  jackie024 (3rd January 2015),  jampins (10th January 2017),  linuxgeek (23rd November 2016),  rebolu (12th September 2015),  Roadkill (22nd July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Faq

see above
    Last edited by 4me2; 4th November 2007 at 08:29 PM.

4 Thanks given to marcode

gadgetman (6th July 2016),  jackie024 (5th January 2015),  rebolu (12th September 2015),  tuxpenguin (26th April 2014)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention BASIC RULES OF THE INTRODUCTION SECTION - PLEASE READ 25/5/14

This is the introduction section. This is the place to tell all the good members of Digital-Forums a little about you. Things like where you are from, where you work. that sort of thing. Nothing else, like your issues with something you need to come onto DF to fix. The reason we have sections is simply that. If you have a problem, post it in the correct section and the great members on DF will try and help you
    Another rather polite rule is to make your first post for yourself and not add to another new members first post. This is more of a polite thing to do as it can get difficult for members to see who they are talking to.

One last thing posting, crap like "Hi" "Hello" and leaving it at that isnt clever and usually gets ridiculed and could end up with you being moved to the Hall of Shame or worse.
    Example: http://www.digital-forums.com/showth...92#post2712492

Every section has a set of simple rules that can be found at the top of that section (stickies), have a readup on these if you are not sure about anything. there is usually other stickies in there which cover the most asked questions, and if you cannot find a problem you are looking for then you could try the search button. This is really handy as it could stop you doing a post that someone else has already posted. Double posting (Dupe) can get you sent to the Hall of shame (HOS)

PLEASE NOTE
    Issues like DBOX,SAT,Cable,Game Consoles,Mobile Phones,Pc Problems, GPS/SAT NAV ETC ETC. We have sections for this and all other issues, so please use them. Failure to do will will be dealt with depending on your post

No exceptions accepted , think you know better watch how quick your post gets deleted and you get banned

Welcome to DF. Have a great stay
    Last edited by Mickey; 6th January 2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: updated

9 Thanks given to Mickey

corbindallas68 (25th May 2014),  digital69 (18th August 2016),  eXOBeX (4th December 2014),  gadgetman (6th July 2016),  Golly gosh (28th June 2014),  rebolu (12th September 2015),  StoneUK (16th January 2018),  tuxpenguin (26th April 2014),  zafina (20th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Updated Rules Of Introduce Section

Simple rule =

You don't comply then you fly.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

5 Thanks given to 4me2

corbindallas68 (25th May 2014),  gadgetman (6th July 2016),  Gem Hitchmough (13th April 2014),  TheMaskedVillain (9th April 2015),  zafina (20th April 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: THE RULES & FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING 04/11/07

Updated rules: 07/04/09

5 Thanks given to Raptor

arsiennia (31st July 2017),  gadgetman (6th July 2016),  jackie024 (5th January 2015),  rebolu (12th September 2015),  reshyam (16th March 2017)  

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Message for existing members . . . .

While messages of welcome for noobs are welcome PLEASE don't attack them, even if you suspect they might be bound for no good better to use the report button and let the staff do their job. . . of course an intro posted in the wrong section or just a first post OUTSIDE of the intro section is in fact counter to the rules and should be reported. If an intro opens itself to some good natured banter then please go ahead, we don't want to lose the fun factor but telling people they are close to getting bans is not wanted. . . . please, just report.
    If at first you don't succeed.....redefine success. . . .

13 Thanks given to blaggard

Show/Hide list of the thanked

4me2 (25th May 2014),  Cosmicpore (25th May 2014),  cyprus (25th May 2014),  Doctor Who (25th May 2014),  elephantsoup (26th May 2014),  flumperino (25th May 2014),  ganjaman2 (25th May 2014),  jackie024 (5th January 2015),  Over Carl (25th May 2014),  prezzy (25th May 2014),  REZON (12th January 2015),  SOBRI (3rd April 2015),  unikornpedang (5th October 2017)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Message for existing members . . . .

Exactly and stop being cunts by telling them to read the rules! That's the mod's job.

4 Thanks given to cyprus

Cosmicpore (25th May 2014),  kroner (25th May 2014),  prezzy (25th May 2014),  Sanj[UK] (26th May 2014)  

DF General DogsBody
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Simply Welcome them in try and give them a great welcome.

Stickied also

Thanks to Mickey

blaggard (25th May 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh the irony.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

2 Thanks given to DejaVu

blaggard (3rd June 2014),  TheThingIs (3rd June 2014)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

thanks.....?

Thanks to Idlehands

DejaVu (14th November 2014)  

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Uh oh!!

Thanks
    Karma Level

I don't see an area to link to contact with adminstration, to ask about a post, before I post it.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Read the rules. Adhere to them religiously. If you think it may go against the rules. Dont.
    Asking for assistance is fine, after posting an Intro about you.

If you have a query about a post that already exists. Post in it.

If its Spam, it'll be deleted and so will you.

Welcome to DF.

Admins are usually busy fixing or maintaining the forums.
    Super Mods and Mods are here to answer queries and ensure the smooth running of the forum.

Thanks to DejaVu

Mickey (6th March 2015)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: THE RULES & FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING 25/05/14

Updated rules 17th Feb 2016

2 Thanks given to Raptor

gadgetman (6th July 2016),  Mickey (17th February 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

My name is joy. I have been a widow for 40 years this month (July 20, 2016 . ) I am now 80 yrs young. I live in North Carolina.

DF Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Hiya Joy! Welcome to the world of DF. Please read the Private Message you recieved when you signed up and tell us all about yourself in the introduction section.

Post a new message in the Intro sewction here -
    http://digital-forums.com/newthread....ewthread&f=128

Thanks to DejaVu

piggzy (5th July 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

This scares me, as am finding hard to locate a section where to intro myself, it will be nice if the NEW Guys are warned or corrected before banned

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

hi Stef
    You are actually in it but within a thread.
    post a small intro, not just hello, I am new - its always good to say what your interests are, what experiences you could bring to the forum and what you hope to gain in return.
    best wishes and welcome to DF
    LS
    Try here http://digital-forums.com/forumdisplay.php/128-Introduce-Yourself-(New-Members)

Last edited by Lou_smorals; 29th December 2016 at 09:39 AM.
    Dear Lord, please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over Standard TCP/IP

Thanks to Lou_smorals

4me2 (29th December 2016)  

Thanks
    Karma Level

Thanks

andy1494mar

hi there need some help I have to re register as it would not let me in could some pm so I can give my detail to see if they sort it out please

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast