Close

Thread: mythbusters

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default mythbusters

anyone who seen brainiac on sky and though it wasnt bad has simply got to see this show its so much better than brainiac its not funny theres these 2 blokes that bust myths (given in the title i know) but they give you the urban legend and then test to see if its true the shows on the discovery channel on tuesday nighs (could be wednesday's im not positive) at 10pm but its on bit torrent right now and its brilliant

so far seen all but 4 of the 2 series and each ones as good as the next from shooting cars to blowing stuff up im not going to spoil it for those of you who havent see it yet but its well worth the watch and the download

cas

h**p://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: mythbusters

Have to agree its a great program. Last week 'can you water ski behind a rowing boat' :nowords: Yes you can!!
    'Sausages! Hot sausages! Inna bun! Meat pies! Get them while they're hot!'
    ... Hole food! Hole food! Rat! Rat! Rat-onna-stick! Rat-in-a-bun! Get them while they're dead!'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Its great show and they do go to great lengths to attempt the myths, I like the Rocket car one they decided the car was too dangerous to drive so they drove it by radio control .

Thanks
    Karma Level

have you seen the one where they tied to blow the gas station up? and ended up burning adams hair to the point where he shaved his head cos it looked less daft lol absolute class

and jamies face fur ..omg!

cas

Thanks
    Karma Level

The gas station one was interesting especially as my local wont allow me to use my phone while filling up, attendant comes out shouting "switch it off, switch it off".

Saw one where they tried hitting a dummy with a coin at terminal velocity, Jamie was rigging a nail gun to fire the coin, it released early missed his face and hit the overhead lighting showering glass everywhere, Jamie looks up and calmly said something like "Theres magnesium vapour i think we should get out of here".

Anyone seen the one where Adam is sent airborne in a chair tied to weather balloons. He goes up about 100 metres with an Airgun and some beers:thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

I have seen this on several occasions. Does anyone know if this or Brainiac is available on DVD (yet)?