Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default post count whores

i want to know why biggie7s cheapskate corner is causing suck a big fu king problim , sure there is the odd calinder or light bulb mabey a free shampoo sample but why people join df just for that is a mystery to me. Then we see people that have been members for ages all the sudden find a new love for posting just so that they can see it again,

lets name and shame, post any examples of post count whores here:tongue

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: post count whores

I am a post whore... but then again I did lose a few in the great post deletion back in whenever it was

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by incognito™
    I am a post whore... but then again I did lose a few in the great post deletion back in whenever it was
    the last deletion was sept last year when all posts before 2002 were removed.

we arent naming and shaming, those who make decent posts to get up to 10 are noted, those who make crap posts to get to 10 are currently being reset to 0, hopefully very shortly that will be unimportant as we will all be able to see the names of everyone who uses biggys section, then everyone will be able to see who's here to leech and who's here to join in, after that it wont matter at all because those who are only leeching and not joining in elsewhere will arrive one day to discover that for them biggys is empty

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

well my wife has fallen into this 10 posts or more catagory although she has been a member since jan 2002 she was going to have a look in biggys corner but can't because of her post count but lets face it there's not much she can post about if she doesn't have too much interest in pc's, hacking or game consoles ( so why did she join up i hear you say why not there might be something that interests her one day ) but hey you never know she might reach the criteria to have a browse in there one day :thumbs

Thanks
    Karma Level

Mate, look in the D+D the joke section and the news sections.. You don't need to know anything to contribute to an ongoing discussion...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by ABCMan
    the last deletion was sept last year when all posts before 2002 were removed.

we arent naming and shaming, those who make decent posts to get up to 10 are noted, those who make crap posts to get to 10 are currently being reset to 0, hopefully very shortly that will be unimportant as we will all be able to see the names of everyone who uses biggys section, then everyone will be able to see who's here to leech and who's here to join in, after that it wont matter at all because those who are only leeching and not joining in elsewhere will arrive one day to discover that for them biggys is empty
    why were the post counts removed?

ABCMan

Quote Originally Posted by gallag
    why were the post counts removed?
    it was because we were updating the software and moving servers at the time so in order to trim down the database we deleted some 100,000 members who hadnt posted in 12 months and deleted all posts older than 2002, of course this meant that everyones post count dropped accordingly but it was done to lighten the server load and make things easier as well as to remove the dead wood, 2002 was chosen because it was 2002 that some of the biggest sections on df were removed previously (all the ps2 chipping and ondigital sections) so some members had already seen their post counts decimated, the clean up just broght everyone else into line with that.