Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default ActiveX problem??

Hi all im after a little help i have a problem where everytime i visit a website i get a box saying "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of this page.Do you want to allow this interaction?" if i click yes the page loads fine,however it does it on every site!! i am using XPSP2 and aol broadband any help would be appreciated

many thanks in advance

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: ActiveX problem??

The simplest fix to this problem would most likely be to change the security settings for the Internet zone within IE.

However, I wouldn't suggest making this your first course of action, unless it is currently set to High security.

The activex controls are essentially applications which are installing on your machine to allow web components to run in the background of your session.

A full explanation of activex controls can be found at http://www.popupcop.com/help/glossary.html

If you simply allow all activex controls on all websites then you may find that you are installing malicious content.

You shouldn't get this problem on too many websites, but if you are getting it everytime you access a website you may wish to check your machine for malware or spyware using spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, or another similar program.

Seasons Greetings,

Bhxboys