Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Karma Level

Default National ID Cards

Good idea or stupid waste of money...

I feel pretty strongly on this one... I have a photo id card (Drivers Licence) so why should WE have to fork out the £70-£80 for these BIG BROTHER id cards... anyone feel the same?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: National ID Cards

Not overly bothered about having to CARRY one - but will object at having to PAY for them....

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah, this is all gettimg too much. Especially if we have to pay.

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

yeah thats what I am getting at ultimately... I feel we are being held to ransom because what I have heard so far is that it will be included in the new passport package... so our passport prices are going to go through the roof.

Thanks
    Karma Level

if they were free I woudn't be bothered but £80 forget about that and then like the driving license you would probably need to get an updated one every 10 years.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Yup, I see both sides of the story, but unfortunately the Governments side is bullshit.

These cards are UK's way of playing the Big Brother game, taking lessons from The US. It's a waste of resource, of money, of time, and serves little purpose except to keep tabs on the British people.
    Do we really think all the illegal immigrants are just going to go away because of these? In reality, the problem we have now is not just the immigrants who have successfully entered the country and are working cash-in-hand, quietly staying undercover, but with the process in place to turf out those entering the country and trying to claim asylum without due cause.

Those working illegally are at least contributing to the countries economy (albeit in a roundabout way). The cards may flush some of them out, but where will they then go? Straight into the holding stations where they will feed off thousands of pounds of taxpayers money while the government take 12 months to turf them out.

No, what's really needed is a revamp of the processing system so that those found not to be worthy of asylum, are shipped out the next day, and the process to find them not worthy, should only take a couple of weeks.

Let me say now, that I believe that foreigners who are genuinely being persecuted in their own country AND HAVE A BRITISH CONNECTION, should be allowed to live here as a citizen.
    I just don't believe in the free-for-all policy we currently employ.

Why cant we take a leaf out of Australia's book???
    "There's nothing worse than arguing with someone who knows what they're talking about...."

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

What's pssing me off is the fact that we're not even given a chance to vote on the issue.

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think the idea of the cards is excelent. But having to pay for them is disgusting!

Thanks
    Karma Level

The cards are bullshit really - I don't mind having one (fuc* knows what for though) but I'll be buggered if I wanna pay 80 notes for it. Your NI card is free at 16 - so why not make this the same - or tag it onto your driving licence or something - I'll have more bloody cards in me wallet from the government than I do for shopping! Men will have to start carrying fookin purses - good GOD what's the country coming to

As for asylum seekers and what not - it's taking the piss - it truly is! I know a guy who owns a computer store in Scotland, and his local council have just housed a shit load of local asylum seekers - get this, they paid the guy in the computer store to build them all computers, with a 600 quid software bundle, and installed an internet connection for free in every home so they can - wait for it - "keep in touch with their families back home".

YOU TAKIN THE F**KING PISS?!?!?!

Like their families back home are gonna b on the net sending emails to each other - such utter bullshit! I don't wanna sound like a bigot or anything but quite frankly - I think we should just shut the door on everyone - bollox to em! We're like the arsehole of the EU at the minute with every tom dick and abdul (just a phrase don't shoot me down) coming into our once fair land - and quite frankly bleeding it dry.

Anyway I aint going there - it's nearly Xmas and the last thing I wanna do is burst a blood vessel lol.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Once again the working man is made to foot the bill for all the dossers and hard-done by assylum seekers that litter this country.

The cards would cost significantly less were it not for the fact that anybody who cant be arsed to work wont have to pay for it, and likewise anybody who is 'persecuted' and needs somewhere to live will recieve theirs for free.

Rexmonster...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Hold on one minute. This isn't right. According to Charles Clarke 85-90% of the public want these things. how come you are all against them. They wouldn't be making up their statistics would they?

The ID cards are a stupid idea. They will not stop terrorists. They should help obvious benefit fraudsters, though the overall cost of setting up the system will cost more than stopping the fraud will save, plus what the government count as fraud is different from what is actually fraud. There are loads of people on longterm sick who are not genuine, yet they will be able to get a card and claim disability. The government won't dare say that someone is not disabled as they try and be PC about it. Noone likes someone who stands up against a disabled person cause that looks bad.

I don't like the idea of the government having too much info on record about me, but it's not that big a deal. However I don't want to spend a penny on this. So they'll be cheaper to the poor and the old. Whys that then? That's bang out of order. The poor and the old are stupid and if they think they are getting something on the cheap then they will go for it even if it's not a good idea. Once all the poor and old go for them the government will be able to say n% of people have adopted these. Now we're going to make them compulsary.

The thing is the government will go ahead and do whatever they please whether the people are behind them or not. Take a look at the following:

Fox hunting
    Invading Iraq
    ID cards

It doesn't matter what the people think. They will do it anyway.

Rant Over.
    'If we aren't meant to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?'
    Anon.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well said that man...

I think we need to look at tony blair and saddam... who exactly is the tyrant/dictator...
    Last edited by incognito™; 21st December 2004 at 06:23 PM.

Thanks
    Karma Level

peeps come on........

its very very simple concept really.
    think of some totaly **** idea...
    think up some stupidly high costs..

ring yer old school chum to discuss how your gonna get paid once his company gets the contract to produce a load of old tat that no one needs or no one wants.

on to the next stupid pocket lining plan (if your still in power)
    if not become an MEP and live off the junkets.

dirty scum the lot of them........

Thanks
    Karma Level

Pretty much agree with incognito and salvadorescobar, just another example of our eroding freedom and the cheeky c**ts are asking us to pay for the priviledge too. When are we going to stop eating this shit we are being fed? :grr:

Thanks
    Karma Level

When they finaly realise we aint taking thier s*** anymore would take something like someone storming the houses of parliment and wastes about 30mp's... then they might realise they are pushing the country too far.

I'd do it but I have a pianno lesson at 7.30 :whistle

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ive already got a drivers licence, passport, CIS card

i would rather slash up my arse cheeks and sit in vinegar then pay 70 odd quid for another form of ID.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man_costin
    Ive already got a drivers licence, passport, CIS card

i would rather slash up my arse cheeks and sit in vinegar then pay 70 odd quid for another form of ID.

Please post pics of said event if/when it occurs. Thanks.
    :nono

Thanks
    Karma Level

Amen brother... that would be one for the Johnny Knoxville crew

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by incognito™
    Well said that man...

I think we need to look at tony blair and saddam... who exactly is the tyrant/dictator...
    You didnt used to mind carrying an ID around when you were in the Army.

Nor Did I for that matter .

All this bollox about freedom is just that and from people who think they might have something to hide.

My only gripe is the 80 quid cost which is outrageous when you consider people using mobile phones in cars only get fined 40 quid. If they were to fine the buggers 240 quid then it would serve two purposes ,one make the roads a lot safer and two leave money in the pot to pay for new things like ID cards. Let the bloody law breakers pay for it by rapidly increasing thier fines.

BTW as this is politics Im moving it to the world news and politics section.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Very good point 4me2 thats a good argument that is :thumbs

but thats what I am getting at... bottom line is why the fook should we foot the bill and yes I didnt mind carrying my mod 90, I still do coz I am a weekend warrior lol. But the fact is why do the public need to foot the bill... it's just wrong. Weve had more tax increases during the Blair years that has been recorded in history... why are we going to have to pay... just a pile of bollox... £80.00 thats like a week and a halfs Groceries... minus the luxuries of course...

Fook it am going on the dole... getting some of my cash back lol.. and I have me p91(t) tax form at hand for me rebate too lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast