Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info windowsXP service pack 2

hello all

i download windows xp service pack 2 and to tell u the truth i found it to be most useless, it actually made my comp worse, first of all it had trouble connecting to wireless networks, secondly its a waste of time for anyone to download, its been nothing but trouble, service pack 1 is way better than the 2nd. i actually found that with service pack 1 my computer was more stable. i thought they would come up with better stuff for service pack 2. But please correct me if im wrong if u found service pack 2 to be useful, oki so it have features like firewall, but why not use better programs like balck ice etc etc. makes the computer less compatible actually service pack 2.

what are your views?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: windowsXP service pack 2

I disagree with you.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Wireless networking has improved greatly in my opinion although it took a lot of tweaking to get it right. As for downloading there is some setting's you can change to get it working properly.

all in all it's a good improvement i think. OK the security manager is annoying with it's constant popping up but if i didn't know what i was doing then i would find it helpful. It makes people who havn't got a clue more security consious.

Thanks
    Karma Level

What security issues are actually solved in the service pack 2?? some programs that actually used to work for service pack 1 dont work for service pack 2. Yes u are right it does make the user for security consious, however i find it annoying especially those pop-ups, and on any computer that i have to install windows i dont install service pack 2. Also i noticed my pc has gone a bit slower than before when i had service pack one installed. :nowords:

@4me2 can u explain why u disagree

Thanks
    Karma Level

When i first installed SP2 i had nothing but problems with it hanging and crashing. Then I uninstalled Norton, installed McAffee and everything has been sweet since. The best thing in the world ever is the new popup blocker as it stops everything (i've used a couple before, but they were crap compared to this one).

I also run a wireless network, and i had no problems setting it up, and tbh it's easier to run and configure than with the netgear software that came with the router and cards !

Also, if you install a decent firewall, it will overrule the security center (as a proper setting, not just stopping it working) so you can get rid of all the annoying messages it gives
    I am a loud man with a very large hat. This means I am in charge

Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Well i use a anti-virus program called Kaspersky i dont think that would affect service pack 2. But with a wireless network set-up it would say connecting... then write could not retrieve ip address, once i uninstalled service pack 2, and put only sp1 on there the problem was solved.