Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Serious BST: Sub Section Suggestion.

I think i posted something similar before... here goes again!

if there was a sub section in the BST, or where ever else on the board headed 'references' or something similar, a user could post his/her own username and ask everyone who has done business with them to leave a lil message to let others no what communication was like, how fast they were, goods up to scratch etc etc.

i think this would be a good idea as many people are very scepticle about either selling their items or buying from others.

im sure the reply i got before was 'we have the karma for that'

but karma is such a unfair form of trust really, as its can be gained very quickly, or you could be the most giving member here and still have only a lilttle bit of karma.

you all see the point im trying to put across? :nowords:

what do you think?

Surely it would not be difficult at all the implement, would need no real special features, and heavy modding would not be required...

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: BST: Sub Section Suggestion.

To be honest Im reluctant to change anything in that section m8.

We used to get a few members getting ripped but with the system we have now Im not aware of anyone being ripped off for about the last 2 years or so.
    There are 3 types of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen; and those who wondered what happened.

http://newsarse.com/

Conservatives. Putting the 'N' into Cuts.

Thanks
    Karma Level

it could just be changed so that when a deal has gone through the participants give feedback (with theiur usernames for searching) at the end of the posts, like ebay really.

The posts will never be deleted so any member can search the BST section for a member and then return their history on here.

Would be easy to impliment by stating it in the rules but could be hard to impose on actual posts as deals can take any amount of time.
    I'm new to this :huh:

Termy

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2
    To be honest Im reluctant to change anything in that section m8.

We used to get a few members getting ripped but with the system we have now Im not aware of anyone being ripped off for about the last 2 years or so.
    I posted a thread about being ripped off in the VIP in March/April of last year m8.

But I am not saying that the system we have now is to blame. I do think that a reference section would be a good idea though,,, but I dont think it would actually stop people being (occasionally) ripped off though.

I dont think anything could stop it ??

Thanks
    Karma Level

not without escrow no, I think it's unstoppable too unfortunatly.

Thanks
    Karma Level

supose your right... just an idea.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Just thinking more on this,,,

On ps2ownz members have a trader rating, this is like karma but obviously just for the BST section. Karma is a good way to spot a good member from a less productive member but it can easily give a false portrail of it's user, or user's may not know what level of karma is high enough for a reliable trader.

The trader rating could also be on a per-user basis. Say for example a user wishes to be a trader they apply for the rating to be turned on for them via a moderator. This rating can then be a number below their karma which indicates the number of transactions. It could also be linked to a feedback style page like ebay, however this may make it look like a trading website rather than a all-purpose website.

Although i'm sure this will be looked on in a bad way as members here wont want loads of traders off loading all thier crap. Also cases of people getting ripped off are very low, nearly non-existant. However this site has numerous signups every day so it may be good to future proof things a bit as I'm sure every section is only ever going to get busier (well there are a few exceptions).

anyway, that was just a little idea I had while i was here