Close

Thread: Evil Dead

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Evil Dead

Producer Rob Tapert spoke again with SciFi about the film and revelead that he and parter Sam Raimi have no one paricularly in mind to helm the film, but do plan to get a cast of relatively unknowns to star in the film. He also went on to say the following: "Because we're not even certain what we're telling, when we get the director that we want aboard we want to craft the best experience under the title and the franchise Evil Dead. It may not necessarily be 'five people go to a cabin,' because that was just done in Cabin Fever. It could be some variation; we have a few tricky ideas up our sleeve that it's probably too early to talk about, but it may be familiar, yet a little different."

He also went on to discuss how the film will have a bigger budget than the original, saying: "We'll certainly refine the edges, but it's not a project that demands that money [be] thrown at it. It is a project that probably excels in ingenuity, so we're certainly not going to be making the $50 million Evil Dead. To attract a director who we think will be fun and cool and the audience will think is fun and cool, we may not be able to say, 'Here's $380,000 and a wheelchair for a dolly.' So somewhere in between those extremes, it's really going to be a function of director and story. They will have all the money they need and the tools to tell the story and entertain the audience in an overall fashion, but it's not something that we said we need to go out and get Ashton Kutcher to star in to get the audience to come and see it."

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/evildead.php

So here we go with the Evil Dead remake. News is brief, see above, but I wonder if the film will make it without the great man Bruce Campbell.

'Groovy'

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Evil Dead

Bruce IS evil dead!

I don't have very high hopes for the remake to be honest..

Thanks
    Karma Level

He will make a cameo.... he has in practically all his other films!
    - Plan for Tomorrow - Live for today - Hail to the King Baby -

Thanks
    Karma Level

Im sorry but Ash has to be Bruce Campbell and if its not based on Ash I wont be watching it.

As said before, Ash is Evil Dead. Bruce Campbell is Ash..................... Accept no substitution. :annoyed:

-=AD=-

Thanks
    Karma Level

There is hope yet... just not for this version!!

In the winter of 1979 — a bone-chillingly cold one, incidentally — a young guy named Sam arrived at an abandoned wood cabin just outside Morristown, Tennessee. With him was his buddy Bruce, several buckets of creamed corn (dyed green to double for Deadite gore) and a small gang of friends and inexperienced actors.

The result of their labours, as any fan of fiendish hell-hags can tell you, was Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead: The Ultimate Experience In Grueling Horror. A quarter of a century and two Spider-Man movies on, Sam has his mind fixed on that wood cabin once more. And he spoke to Comingsoon.net this week about the forthcoming remake, providing some intriguing information.

The big news is that Raimi won’t be directing, nor will the star of the original franchise, Bruce Campbell, feature in any way. “Rob [Tapert] and I would try to get a young director with brand new ideas with his own cast and his own take on the thing,” Raimi said. Nor will the character of Ash be reprised (“The only thing that Bruce has asked is that nobody is called Ash. He wants to sit on that name”) — which begs the question: with a hugely enlarged budget and minus the presence of the loveable, pratfalling lead character, will it just be Evil Dead-lite?

According to Raimi, no way. He’ll still be guiding the project along, and this one ain’t gonna end up PG-13. While there’ll be a greater focus on characterisation, the objective of the film will still be to “terrify… in a very intense and merciless way.” A director hasn’t yet been chosen, but it’ll be “somebody with a morbid, sick fascination with punishing the audience”. Sounds good to us.

Whenever The Evil Dead arrives, it’ll be sooner than the fourth entry in the original series — which will star Campbell. It’s been 12 years since Army Of Darkness, but the fact that Campbell won’t be making the standard farewell-to-the-series cameo in the remake (see Tom Savini in Dawn Of The Dead, Kevin McCarthy in Invasion Of The Body Snatchers, etc) gives us hope that Ash will rise again in the not-too-distant future.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim
    There is hope yet... just not for this version!!
    Nice one Jim. A bit more news on the Evil Dead 4 is over here -

During "Boogeyman" promotions, Sam Raimi and producer Robert Tapert have talked in-depth about the future of the "Evil Dead" franchise and what's going on in regards to both the sequel, and the remake.

Raimi confirmed to
    Bloody Disgusting that he will be directing and producing "Evil Dead 4", which will star Bruce Campbell as ASH and will also have many of the actors from the previous Evil Dead movies. Raimi says that "This is the project I really want to make. The remake can belong to someone else, but part 4 will be a continuation of the original". Ted and Sam Raimi have begun writing Part 4, and will be developing it for production later this year. Bruce Campbell and Tapert will both be involved.

Talking with
    Coming Soon, they confirmed the remake is almost certainly not going to be a PG-13 (ala "The Grudge" & "Boogeyman") and due to Bruce's insistence there will be no character called Ash. The aim with it is "Rob and I would try to get a young director with brand new ideas with his own cast and his own take on the thing" says Raimi who confirms that as of right now they're "waiting to find the right director for the project, that thinks he can really bring something new...the goal of this director should be to terrify the audience in a very intense, and merciless way". If they don't find someone, they would "put it on hold. I don't think we'd abandon it, but we won't make it unless we have a really good script and a really great director, somebody we feel is just right for it".

Wouldn't people get confused if the two films came out close to each other? Raimi told
    LatinoReview - "I think the fans are really smart. I don't think they'd be confused. I'd like to make a part four. There's this very small audience for Evil Dead IV, and if we ever make a movie called Evil Dead IV, which I'd like to make with Rob at some point and starring Bruce Campbell, I'm not saying there's a million people, but there's 100,000 people that will know exactly what it is and that's about as big as the crowd is, honestly. It's not a giant crowd. They're a great crowd". Tapert realized that the sequel might have to be Army of Darkness II, since Universal produced the most recent sequel.
    Check here http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050204i.php

Thanks
    Karma Level

I think he is underestimating the following of Ash.... there will be alot more than 100,000 people wanting to watch that film!!

Nice link mate!

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgunjim
    I think he is underestimating the following of Ash.... there will be alot more than 100,000 people wanting to watch that film!!
    Totally agree. Evil Ash is a legend. Had him as my avatar for a bit. Every one I know loves the Evil Dead as it is an absolute classic. Might drop Raimi an e-mail.......

'Gimme some sugar baby'

Thanks
    Karma Level

More here http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30376

Raimi Mulls Evil Dead 4

Sam Raimi, writer and director of the Evil Dead films, told SCI FI Wire that he eventually wants to helm a fourth movie in the franchise if one comes to pass. "I would want to direct Evil Dead 4 if we get around to making Evil Dead 4," Raimi said in an interview. "That particular one I want to tell. It's not that I don't want someone else to tell it, but it's a story that I wrote, and I'm halfway into it, and I feel like ... I'd rather finish it."

The Evil Dead films center on Ash (Bruce Campbell), a dim-witted city slicker who finds himself enmeshed in a battle with demonic creatures. The first low-budget Evil Dead became a cult hit in 1981 and put Raimi on the Hollywood radar, long before he gained widespread fame for his hits, including the Spider-Man films.

It's clear Raimi still has a warm spot in his heart for the Evil Dead movies. He said that he would like as many people from the first films as possible to return for the fourth installment. "Definitely [producer] Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell and myself," Raimi said. "I'd love [makeup artist] Tom Sullivan to be involved. It would be crazy to make that without him. I'd love to get as many of them that would be in it as possible."

Raimi is also producing a big-budget remake of the original film, for which he is seeking a new director. But he said he's not worried the remake will harm the prospects of making another sequel. "I think a new director could bring things to them that I couldn't, and I think that would be really excited to see that happen," Raimi said. "I don't feel pictures, even if they are remakes, [are] ever going to take away from the original. The original of any movie is what it is, and if the remake is good, it's good, too. So I don't feel protective in that way about the movies that I've made, just the stories that I'm involved with and want to finish telling."

[i]Still, Raimi said he doesn't know when he will return to the Evil Dead series as a director. "I'd like to one day," he said. "I can't promise that I will, but that is something I'd really like to do, and I'd like to pursue that. My brother [Ivan Raimi, a physician and Sam's frequent behind-the-scenes collaborator] and I have written down some ideas, but I think that's what we'll do. When the time comes, when we're done with the Spider-Man films, we'll sit down and write the script."

Thanks
    Karma Level

Deadite ass-kicker Bruce Campbell spoke with The Beat recently about the film, saying: "Everybody wants to make it. I do, Sam does, Rob Tapert does, so that's not an issue. The only issue is that this guy happens to have stumbled into a phenomenon. So until that dies down he won't have time. And really…there's no more mystery. That’s it. There's nothing beyond that. It really is that simple. To tell the guy who made Spider-man to stop so he can make Evil Dead 4...it doesn’t compute."

Read the latest interview with Bruce over here.

Thanks
    Karma Level

All hale Bruce! With out him there is no Ash. I’m inspired to break out Evil Dead Fist full of Boomstick for the Xbox and play. :thumbs