Close

Thread: Scanners

Toady

Default Scanners

I still have my scanners and was wondering whats left to listen to that interesting...

I was quite annoyed when my local police finally moved over to Tetra, but I knew it was coming for some time. Suddenly one day all was silent grr.

Well apart from cordless house phones, the fire brigade and air traffic.. what else can I listed too that I might find interesting.

I have been toying with getting a radio capable of trunk tracking (in the UK needs to be Pc controllable since our trunks are not the same )

I can already cover 500Khz - 1.3Ghz with no breaks on my handheld (Yupiteru 7100 ) but keep toying with getting a base setup.. just finding it hard to find a reason.

Any advice ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Re: Scanners

ok trunk tracking yes it will pickup new police freqs but if thay are Digitaley encoded trunk tracker will not de code them i sent a email to radio world thats how i found out trunk track3 at radio world is 229 the is cb radio and ham radio you can liston to cb radio is from 26.000 to28.000 ham radio is on 144 and 145 and 430 to 438.999 on use 3.5 mgs 7.00 and 14.000 all usb and lsb 144 145 430 to 438 are uhf and vhf
    Quote Originally Posted by Toady
    I still have my scanners and was wondering whats left to listen to that interesting...

I was quite annoyed when my local police finally moved over to Tetra, but I knew it was coming for some time. Suddenly one day all was silent grr.

Well apart from cordless house phones, the fire brigade and air traffic.. what else can I listed too that I might find interesting.

I have been toying with getting a radio capable of trunk tracking (in the UK needs to be Pc controllable since our trunks are not the same )

I can already cover 500Khz - 1.3Ghz with no breaks on my handheld (Yupiteru 7100 ) but keep toying with getting a base setup.. just finding it hard to find a reason.

Any advice ?

Thanks
    Karma Level

Attention Re: Scanners

hope it helps you

Toady
    Quote Originally Posted by robinhood2005
    ok trunk tracking yes it will pickup new police freqs but if thay are Digitaley encoded trunk tracker will not de code them i sent a email to radio world thats how i found out trunk track3 at radio world is 229 the is cb radio and ham radio you can liston to cb radio is from 26.000 to28.000 ham radio is on 144 and 145 and 430 to 438.999 on use 3.5 mgs 7.00 and 14.000 all usb and lsb 144 145 430 to 438 are uhf and vhf

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scanners

Hey m8, theres still loads to listen in on even with the new tetra taking away most police activity.

Join my forum www.ukradioforum.r8.org and you can ask away anything on there, will have a better chance of a reply..

Thanks
    Karma Level

Info Re: Scanners

If ye miss the Police! why not go for second best which is security guards! I listen to the goings on at the local shopping centre and a nearby University. The local airport is also within range and has things like ground services/security/car parking/taxi's/and of course air traffic. How about listening in on the local football ground, i get outside broadcasts from radio and tv reporters, this goes for the nearby racecourse and a sports centre that hosts boxing! Or how about whats going on down by the docks/river, always busy with tugs bringing in ships ect. Even get a bit of mil stuff that do the rounds from Anglesea or Warton air bases.

Still using my Realistic pro-43 hand held and Realistic pro-2035, Also use a Yaesu FRG-100, Roberts R861 and a load of optoelectronics stuff and even the old CB.

Still haven't got round to connecting stuff to the Computer but there is a good online sw set to use
    I'd still like to listen to the Police (still get the Chopper) but trunking costs and is time consumming
    Maybe i'll stick to listening to the us cops on the computer.

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: Scanners

Alright! i have a GRE PSR-216! got it from maplin!(RECOMMENDED) does the damage! covering every scummy ba****d in da whole of glasgow! n all tha same as below! hours of fun!! listenin to other peoples misfortune!
    call me sad but its this fu**in tag they put on ma leg!!
    PeAcE