Close

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default XBMC - Need a little advice (well alot)!!

A Freind stuck this on for me so i can stream form the PC to the front room. He checked it all worked before i left as he is off to Aussy for a few years.

Got it back and all works fine BUT, i cannot find my games that were on my HD, as he did it, he imply put in onto my XboX form his PC and changed the start up of the XboX to point ot this, so i still have my EvoX bits on there.

I would liek to know how to locate my Games on my HD, i e-mailed him, he said they should just be there under my programmes. But they are not?

Got some other questions as well.

1. How do i locate games on my HD and how do i then run them
    2. How can i get playlists to work on the XboX, does nto seem to see them on my PC?
    3. With the XBMC how do i put games on my HD
    4. Where are my saves and how can i delete the ones not used anymore

5. IMPORTANT (to me) everytime i put on my XboX it messes up my PC's IP, i am using a netgear DG814 and my PC ip is now ending in .3. When the XboX goes on it seems to force changes and messes up my use of emule. Only ever happens when i use my XboX. Would an actualy Netwrok Card in my PC rather then going throuhg the DG be better?

I have been to XBMC.com and .de but it is always dead.

I would liek some general guidelines on how to use this. I found the EvoX alot easier but i do use the streaming alot.

Help and advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Default Re: XBMC - Need a little advice (well alot)!!

1.im not really sure if your default dash is xbmc or evox... look on your xbox harddrive using boxplorer or any other file manager/broswers, whatever folder they are in u need to make sure your evox.ini points to that location, the most common one being f:/games (evox)..if your using XBMC u just need to goto my apps or whatever its called and browser to the folder with the games in and they should all list
    2. if the playlists are there and compatable, it shold just list em in xbmc and u can click on em
    3. I Use boxplorer for this, theres guides on xbox scene, theres some other apps but i forget what they are. Dont think its poss just using xbmc
    4. covered endless times already, theyre in udata or edata on the E drive
    5. not a clue guv

skel28

OK, go to settings, my programs and make sure that only 'Show Default.XBE' is selected. Then go back to your My Programs and click the Scan button

Thanks
    Karma Level

Quote Originally Posted by {{909}}
    1.im not really sure if your default dash is xbmc or evox... look on your xbox harddrive using boxplorer or any other file manager/broswers, whatever folder they are in u need to make sure your evox.ini points to that location, the most common one being f:/games (evox)..if your using XBMC u just need to goto my apps or whatever its called and browser to the folder with the games in and they should all list
    2. if the playlists are there and compatable, it shold just list em in xbmc and u can click on em
    3. I Use boxplorer for this, theres guides on xbox scene, theres some other apps but i forget what they are. Dont think its poss just using xbmc
    4. covered endless times already, theyre in udata or edata on the E drive
    5. not a clue guv
    1. It is the XBMC dash i have showing. COudl i have the Evox Dash with the XBMC streaming and other options?

2. I use Creative Media SOurce as my player and thought this is perhaps why the playlists werento showing. SO i created two in windows media player (notincing it was the same file extension for aplaylist) but it still did not pick it up.

3. Bummer, if it is possible to read games already on the HD i am sure even if a long way aorund (upload to PC and back to XboX) it can be done.

4. There is only thre games showing here, i have laods and when i put games in it picks them up?

5. Cheers.

Been to XboX scene, i often find it difficult to understand and implement what they are saying. When they do have picture guides helps alot.

I think i should be one of those people who does not have any electrical techie stuff, lol.

Thanks to both of you, skel28, i will try that when i get home.

Cheers.....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

That was slected but so to was do not scan at the bottom, so i turned that off. Then scanned. THis time it seemed batter as it was flashign past, found 15 programmes (i only have 3 games on it) so not sure what the 15 are.

But even when it said found 15 it showed nothing.

Very confused and a little frustrated but i am thinking for the sake of three games i might just forget it, NOOOOOO i want to know.

Any more sugestions please? or any more info form me let me know.

Cheers.....Q

skel28

try loading the M$ dashboard and deleting the 'save game' for xbmc, then re-try mate.

DF VIP Member
    Thanks
    Karma Level

sounds like the xbox ip is the same as the pcs ip

in evox u just need to change the ip address and reboot shud work

thats the only thing i can thing it would be

(17:18:34) (+Cam) i need to mount my xbox hdd in linux
    (17:19:02) (+SpikeWork) youth of today, they'll mount anything

Thanks
    Karma Level

Skel and Cam thanks for the help, but i have no idea how to do what you are saying?

I do nto have the evox Dash up, and cannot seem to find where the IP detaisl are in XBMC

How do i - "try loading the M$ dashboard and deleting the 'save game' for xbmc"

Cheers.....Q

skel28

IP is a red herring mate, but anyway it's in the settings menu. To load the M$ dashboard, go to my files, c drive and click on xboxdash.xbe

Thanks
    Karma Level

HOw to i put it back after m8? does the M$ dash show the streaming and such?

Sorry to be such a muppet on this!

Cheers.....Q

skel28

no the M$ dash is only what you see on a clean, new xbox. it's just the simplest way to let you delete the current settings then when you boot back to xbmc go to the settings page and put your settings back in

Thanks
    Karma Level

Ok, i will try that (can see this blowing up in my face).

Cheers....Q

Thanks
    Karma Level

Oh well i am still in the postiton of not seeing what i have on my HD.

I think what i am going to try and do is do this form a fresh and stick a nice BIG HD in it and start from the ground up.

Im not keen now on this streaming stuff though, i used it a little to begin with but have now got tierd of it. After all it is a games machine...

mmmm, anyway no doubt ill be beakc on asking WTF i have doen wrong while trying to do this HD, i have got guides though, fingers crossed!

Cheers......Q